Here it goes

Moufassa

It's a good thing you guys are coming in to help, as I'm sure the 3 alliances already fighting the 57th Overlanders weren't winning by nearly enough of a landslide.

You cry when we don't honor our treaties (which is incredibly incredibly old and it is different now) and cry when we do.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, especially to my allies in LoSS, they did not declare until after the initial talks had ended with 57th's only leader who was on saying, in essence they want to "end BC2" and would settle for "nothing less." After that was stated, he said no more would happen until Veneke got on. It was after that point that LoSS came in defense of the Browncoats and declared war.

Also, to those saying "Bubblegum War 2.0." No. Simply No. I hated that war when it happened (and was not a member of BC at the time) and I still hate it now. No. Just. Friggen. NO!

I just wanted to come to this for a second:

After it was said "no more would happen until Veneke got on" ... "LoSS came in defense of the Browncoats and declared war."

So, the 57th were prepared to wait unti cooler, fresher minds got online, and stated such, and then LoSS got trigger happy.

Pretty much ends the debate over who escalated things, doesn't it?

It is well known that hypocrisy is endemic.

Guys... LoSS' protectorate was attacked. Their firepower was sufficient to deal with the attacker, so they DoWed in order to support their protectorate. I don't like LoSS (treason doesn't sit well with me), but I don't see they had any choice in the matter. If we'd had a 3:1 NS ratio against Athens-RoK-\m/-GOD we would certainly have declared right away, no questions about getting plans and trying to work out a way to win the war. And well, LoSS has a 5:1 NS ratio on 57th. They would have to be completely irresponsible not to use their resources to protect their protectorate.

i would suspect it has to do with friendship. BC was discussing entering a war to help CoJ and Nemesis. they simply repaid that respect and friendship by helping BC in an actual war. also, i agree, LoSS had their protectorate attacked and threatened with absolute destruction. LoSS is much more honorable than just leaving their protectorate to be attacked aggressively.

Hello TBB, long time no talk. I can't speak for everyone but I do miss seeing you around.

Legion, while I did laugh at the comeback toward DW, it is best not to feed the trolls further.

The only thing I will add, which really doesn't need to be said, is that 57th attacked our protectorate so in conjuction attacked LoSS. This is nothing but a retalitory response towards 57th and coming to an allies aid. Put your hate for us aside for just 2 seconds, step back and look at the bigger picture here.

You cry when we don't honor our treaties (which is incredibly incredibly old and it is different now) and cry when we do.

I'm guessing this "you" is referring to the general feeling of the people of CN, as I cannot remember ever criticizing loss before this post, so I'll just let that go.

I will admit that your entrance is much more justified since BC was a protectorate.

Anyways, good job with the quick peace, you've slapped the excitement of war right off of our faces. :P

omg a post from Trekkie that isn't flaming loss :) this is either the out break of world peace or the coming of the end of times :)

I kid i kid. thanks Trekkie for not feeding the trolls B-).

Edited by Arkarian

Also, to those saying "Bubblegum War 2.0." No. Simply No. I hated that war when it happened (and was not a member of BC at the time) and I still hate it now. No. Just. Friggen. NO!

Lol. I was blindsided in that "war".... So was everyone except the few that knew the true nature of the war..... But at least I was able to salvage BDC after that incident with the help of other gov members and Polaris.

But ya. This was a 100% legit war, and I wasn't even online at the time to witness it. -_-

At least I'm glad this whole thing is over.... Level-headed minds prevailed in this my old friend (Zzzptm).

One last comment: I'm tired of seeing posts about whether LoSS will honor her treaties or not. I come to tell you that we will, come hell or high water (bare with the cliche). Even if the cards are heavily stacked against us, I will never agree to cancel on friends. Ever. Period. Say what you will, but our actions speak for themselves. For the last time, we are under new leadership (Me being one of three), and with new leadership comes change. One of my main goals as Triumvir is to change the ill-will opinions many share for us, most of which has been unfounded for months. If anyone has a problem with LoSS, I am always open for a query or PM. Thanks.

o/ LoSS

o/ BC

o/ Allies

Edited by Hunterman1043

Let's face it, you could say that about 57th too.

I could, and I did. Both sides were instrumental in taking what should have been something simple to resolve and escalating it almost to the point that it spun out of control. Thanks to allies on both sides' help, the alliances involved were able to find some common ground and agree to peace before it reached that point.

I'm sorry, but I have to mention that the above quoted is wrong. It is quite well known in the 57th that there is a very deep hatred and grudge against Browncoats. How do I know? Because I was one of the first that was extremely angry at the reformation. I even had rather nasty words with Asriel over the reformation. But my disgust, for lack of a better word, is nothing compared to some of those in command of the 57th. They are very much interested in the destruction of Browncoats, by their own hands or by others. What Kodiak said in a log snippet earlier in this post is a very clear indication about how the 57th feels towards Browncoats.

While it pains me to have to speak out against the 57th, an alliance I helped form, it pains me even more to see people speak up about a situation they know nothing about. The hatred is very real. What Kodiak stated was very much the truth amongst certain membership. Please, do not try to claim otherwise as you have no clue what went on during that initial reformation period. I do.

Not intending to add gas to a dead fire or anything but I just wanted to draw attention to how no one wanted to quote one of the many most influential pieces on this side of the argument.

And I just want to clear up confusion on LoSS's part on this war and this is indisputable facts (however many of you incompetent, disgruntled people would and will attempt to dispute).

1. The main reason we came into the war: BC is protected by LoSS. If BC is attacked, so is LoSS so we have no options there even if we did think BC was on the wrong side of the fence.

2. The 57th Overlanders knew the above fact (if they did not it's their own **** fault) so they should have been expecting this to come even sooner than it did.

3. Espionage was used by The 57th Overlanders any way you put it. They even went to a former BC member for information so why would they stop there? The result: The information you see in their DoW.

4. If you want to call their attack "preemptive strike" then why did they attack the alliance that still wasn't sure was going to go to war with them (it did look like they were, I'm not saying it didn't but the vote still was not finished) but instead DoW the two alliances that was positive and known publicly was going to attack them through treaties, Nemesis and CoJ.

5. So can I now become the Vice Leader of an alliance and not have my actions taken account of? (Cool!)

6. LoSS will *always* honor her treaties for you surprised. When we do not I will give any of you who flame us permission to ZI me.

Thank you.

6. LoSS will *always* honor her treaties for you surprised. When we do not I will give any of you who flame us permission to ZI me.

I'm saving this cause it's basically a sure thing.

Also, to comment on your little "espionage" bit. There was no espionage involved... the BC member GAVE them the logs. If you're going to cry "espionage" every time someone gives someone a screenshot out of the blue, then why don't I take a screenshot of my own forum, send it to you, and subsequently declare war on LoSS for espionage? Because it's a slippery slope and it's retarded. Not unlike your arguments.