Announcement from the New Sith Order

Lennox

Ya right....

Sigh. I won't bother pointing you to the posts confirming this was being discussed as far back as September. I'll trust that you are at least capable of performing that minor task on your own without handholding.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This treaty makes absolutely no sense to me.

NSO, wtf were you thinking? I think you've lost more than just the STA by signing this treaty, and gained little more than a time-tested untrustworthy ally. If you think IRON offers anything more than STA's side of the web could, you've made a horribly, horribly foolish mistake. Not only that, but this treaty seems to contradict every single move NSO has made in the past few months; what I would call "mixing it up" by essentially pacing that line between idiocy and brilliance, injecting new ideas into CN, playing host to a very GOONS-ish attitude of foreign policy and forum attitude; signing this treaty with IRON is like saying everything you've done has been a lie. And I have a feeling that you're going to regret it.

NSO, wtf were you thinking? I think you've lost more than just the STA by signing this treaty, and gained little more than a time-tested untrustworthy ally. If you think IRON offers anything more than STA's side of the web could, you've made a horribly, horribly foolish mistake. Not only that, but this treaty seems to contradict every single move NSO has made in the past few months; what I would call "mixing it up" by essentially pacing that line between idiocy and brilliance, injecting new ideas into CN, playing host to a very GOONS-ish attitude of foreign policy and forum attitude; signing this treaty with IRON is like saying everything you've done has been a lie. And I have a feeling that you're going to regret it.

And yet, this treaty had nothing to do with STA's leaving of FB or their Treaty Cancellation. It was an unfortunate timing of events.

I highly doubt this. Perhaps it's been stated in the thread already but, I don't have the patience to sift through everything. Given the speed with which STA posted their withdrawal from FB and their pact with NSO, and ended it immediately with no waiting period... <_<
...I was there in the Frostbite leadership channel when Tyga and Ivan decided it was time to call its quits, and I can vouch for the fact that the IRON treaty didn't come up as a topic of conversation before the decision was already made.

Sigh. I won't bother pointing you to the posts confirming this was being discussed as far back as September. I'll trust that you are at least capable of performing that minor task on your own without handholding.

Let's say that is true. What behaviour has IRON displayed recently that made NSO think it was a good idea to sign this treaty today?

I agree.

It puts GATO in an awkward position as well. NSO recently signed a treaty with us as well.

What is wrong with everyone?

NSO never chose IRON over anyone else, nor were our issues with anyone else related to IRON. We signed a treaty with an alliance we like, get along with, and trust (Whether anyone else does or not isn't really relevant). That is perfectly consistent with our past behavior.

Actually I can vouch that it has been. I'll also state again that this treaty had nothing to do with the STA's departure from Frostbite.

I stand corrected. Timing just seemed... opportunistic. I've actually been wrong once or twice before.

If by STA's side of the web you mean MK, Athens, C&G, RoK, SF, etc. then you are horribly, horribly, foolishly mistaken. This treaty has nothing to do with choosing IRON over STA, however.

Do point them out to me, though again I doubt it means anything. I'm sorry but I don't believe in coincidences.

Alright, keep reading, then. Comments by Polar, STA, and NSO have all stated that both the treaty and the departure of STA from FB have been considerations before this current mess. Was it a catalyst for completing these decisions? Probably, but it was there before hand.

Edited by Kzoppistan

Heft has a quite a reputation in IRON and Ivan Moldavi is certainly very appreciated amongst our members.

Some alliance have more than "a reputation" and do not care about what seems like the right political move to make.

NSO doesn't give a $%&@ about how they look in front of their mirror and the an audience (I am absolutely not making a reference to MK&co here).

NSO has always had a GREAT relation with IRON and it's signing a treaty that reflects the true feeling that went between our alliance. (the only embassy I'm reading on our forums is actually NSO's).

So no, IRON does not offer "anything more than STA's side of the web".

Indeed, STA offers a lot of political avantage.

But we are not an ally of convenience.

Mark my words.

Anyone who knows IRON and NSO somewhat, or simply took some time to observe posting and behaviour over time could see those two alliances simply do get along well.

NSO is privileged to have gained one hell of an ally with IRON.

Congratulations to our allies in IRON, and their new allies NSO :)

IRON has been quite the ally to TPF so far.

Yeah, it's not like we basically torn the world in two for them.

Not that it wasn't planned before by a certain other alliance who actually wanted that.

We're just better than planned.

Also in before "So, IRON is admitting that it's manipulating everyone. -WC"

Edited by Alter Leader Nabla