Concerning the use of the Karma moniker

Archon

MK got reps from NPO through Rok, Echelon through GR, and TPF.

And?

I'm pretty sure people are allowed to send their reps to whoever the hell they want. If GOD decided to send the rest of our reps to Invicta, I'm pretty sure we could. Wouldn't have anything to do with Karma as a coalition, though.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And?

I'm pretty sure people are allowed to send their reps to whoever the hell they want. If GOD decided to send the rest of our reps to Invicta, I'm pretty sure we could. Wouldn't have anything to do with Karma as a coalition, though.

I was merely preempting anyone that decided to argue about where the rest came from.

Interesting... but not very.

Points one and two are valid, I suppose. Karma is over and done with, and some alliances are on the opposite side now. So it's fairly obvious that Karma is a misnomer. However, with this particular stunt, the aggressors are cementing their bid to become a new Hegemony.

Which brings us to points three and four. If a completely uninvolved party (MK) is so frustrated about the lack of retaliation that they have to write this drivel, it pretty much proves beyond all doubt that this entire situation is nothing more than a setup designed to bring about a global war that would place their "enemies" (yeah, I use the term loosely, because the enmity is spewing from pretty much one direction) at a hefty disadvantage.

As I said another thread, same excrement, different day.

Interesting... but not very.

Points one and two are valid, I suppose. Karma is over and done with, and some alliances are on the opposite side now. So it's fairly obvious that Karma is a misnomer. However, with this particular stunt, the aggressors are cementing their bid to become a new Hegemony.

Which brings us to points three and four. If a completely uninvolved party (MK) is so frustrated about the lack of retaliation that they have to write this drivel, it pretty much proves beyond all doubt that this entire situation is nothing more than a setup designed to bring about a global war that would place their "enemies" (yeah, I use the term loosely, because the enmity is spewing from pretty much one direction) at a hefty disadvantage.

As I said another thread, same excrement, different day.

Meh never mind...

Edited by Affluenza

Or it proves that they like war and are disappointed when they don't get it.

So Archon, instead of !@#$%*ing and moaning like a cheap skirt for sale on a corner, please let us know what name you would like to be disregarded as.
four legs good, two legs better.

Someone (I believe it was a member of TOP, but my memory isn't that sharp these days) asked me to define what I saw as class. I'll tell you right now that these two posts are the antithesis of what I consider classy.

I think it's absurd to suggest that calling you "Karma" makes anyone look "evil" by implying them to be the "hegemony". These names are nothing more than that: names. You, TheNeverender, as well as Londo Mollari, had taken it upon yourselves in last summer's war to represent the coalition you dubbed "Karma". You continue to lead and represent a coalition in this war consisting of many former elements of Karma, and you are ultimately dictating what Karma was, and what it is not. Would it be more acceptable for us to refer to you as "the artist coalition formerly referred to as Prince Karma"? Overtly, the common observer will see you as members and figureheads of what Karma once was, as will refer to you as such, ESPECIALLY when you go after one of the alliance you had attacked in the last war for reasons stemming from animosities from those times. Furthermore, simply because you once called yourselves Karma does not mean that someone else referring to you as such, even in a derogatory fashion, has to necessarily fall within "the hegemony". This is even true for the simple reason that I can create an alliance called "The Coalition of Tolerance and Social Justice" and proceed to cleanse the ranks for the unaligned from certain minorities. Basically, what I'm implying with this analogy is that just because I might refer to you as Karma, because you called yourselves that at one time, doesn't mean I necessarily believe you to embody the meaning of the word.

In short, if you can understand my inane ramblings (I am rather tired from last night's festivities), you will gather, my dear Neverender, that the logic of your entire message hangs on loose straw.

I think it's absurd to suggest that calling you "Karma" makes anyone look "evil" by implying them to be the "hegemony". These names are nothing more than that: names. You, TheNeverender, as well as Londo Mollari, had taken it upon yourselves in last summer's war to represent the coalition you dubbed "Karma". You continue to lead and represent a coalition in this war consisting of many former elements of Karma, and you are ultimately dictating what Karma was, and what it is not. Would it be more acceptable for us to refer to you as "the artist coalition formerly referred to as Prince Karma"? Overtly, the common observer will see you as members and figureheads of what Karma once was, as will refer to you as such, ESPECIALLY when you go after one of the alliance you had attacked in the last war for reasons stemming from animosities from those times. Furthermore, simply because you once called yourselves Karma does not mean that someone else referring to you as such, even in a derogatory fashion, has to necessarily fall within "the hegemony". This is even true for the simple reason that I can create an alliance called "The Coalition of Tolerance and Social Justice" and proceed to cleanse the ranks for the unaligned from certain minorities. Basically, what I'm implying with this analogy is that just because I might refer to you as Karma, because you called yourselves that at one time, doesn't mean I necessarily believe you to embody the meaning of the word.

In short, if you can understand my inane ramblings (I am rather tired from last night's festivities), you will gather, my dear Neverender, that the logic of your entire message hangs on loose straw.

Because a part detached from whole constitutes the whole. I guess if I only owned a wheel you would say I owned a car.

Edited by tamerlane