Treaty Partners of The Phoenix Federation

OberstKrieger

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zenith has a minimum 48 hour voting period for all treaties that involve war to be activated. We are a direct democracy, and being as such all language in a treaty is up to the interpretation of the members about to honor it. I will not disclose the sway of how our voting is going but I assure everyone that we value our friends and allies. We do. The downside of democracy is that it delays any potential action for or against our allies, but it is the path we have chosen. Our charter being the highest law of the land among our group of friends, and our treaties being the second highest law.

Option number 2 would incur heavy, heavy battlefield losses, very likely involve large amounts of reparations to be paid, and overall would be incredibly devastating to your nations.

I'm curious what you're basing that on?

Zenith has a minimum 48 hour voting period for all treaties that involve war to be activated. We are a direct democracy, and being as such all language in a treaty is up to the interpretation of the members about to honor it. I will not disclose the sway of how our voting is going but I assure everyone that we value our friends and allies. We do. The downside of democracy is that it delays any potential action for or against our allies, but it is the path we have chosen. Our charter being the highest law of the land among our group of friends, and our treaties being the second highest law.

This seems to defeat the whole point of signing anything above an Option level treaty? You are basically saying here that, despite having signed agreements with other alliances stating that you will support each other in aggressive or defensive wars, any time those treaties come into play your alliance will vote on whether or not to honor them? Why would you sign anything that isn't worded as an optional treaty then? :huh:

I'm basing on the fact that if TPF's allies come to their aid, they will technically be the "aggressors" against the alliances that they attack, and will therefore likely be forced to pay reparations.

This kind of reasoning is certainly the opposite of what was applied last war.

Zenith has a minimum 48 hour voting period for all treaties that involve war to be activated. We are a direct democracy, and being as such all language in a treaty is up to the interpretation of the members about to honor it. I will not disclose the sway of how our voting is going but I assure everyone that we value our friends and allies. We do. The downside of democracy is that it delays any potential action for or against our allies, but it is the path we have chosen.

I would imagine democracy means the alliance chooses it's treaties, not whether it honours them or not. Your system is rather peculiar - I wonder if anyone else has a similar one.

OP speaks the Truth, were I in the same position; I'd state my protest against the actions that TPF made, but honor my agreement, and faces the consequences while trying to bring Peace. Afterwards I'd have to re-negotiate my association with TPF.

Luckily though; I'm not in this position. :D

Why is everyone instantly assuming TPF's treaty partners abandoned them. Were that the case, doesn't anyone think TPF would have something to say about it?

Yeah, I'd have expected an announcement from TPF decrying their cowardly allies and begging for pity.

Could you answer my question then. I am genuinely intrigued as to why you sign any sort of treaty starting with an M if this is the case.

I suppose what he means is that the membership decides whether or not the act constitutes as a necessary treaty activation; for instance, a vote to decide whether TPF broke the terms of the agreement or some such thing. Just as alliance leaders decide whether or not to uphold a treaty.