Treaty Partners of The Phoenix Federation

OberstKrieger

That being said, I do not support The Phoenix Federation's actions. However, if Nueva Vida was allied to The Phoenix Federation you could be damn sure I would be pressing for us to defend our allies.

I agree here, If I say I will do something, it will be done. Regardless of the consequences.

Why sign a treaty you do not intend to keep?

And if you have misgivings about a MDP, Don't sign it or have it downgraded to a PIAT or something else you would feel comfortable honouring under any circumstance.

Political creditability is based on the value of a person's word.

And the value placed on person's word is in turn based on their track record with keeping their word.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you all are just salivating at the thought of munching on our nations, but patience is a virtue. Some could say that we have finally learned the lesson of the Karma War and are not coming in like cows to the slaughter. Others could say that the vaunted military command of "our side" doesn't seem to be capable of doing anything other than hurrying up and waiting by ordering everyone to peace mode. I personally agree with both of these, but when you play with others, it's important to play by the rules.

Yes, you could say that we're all cowards for not jumping in, but that can easily countered by asking what makes a better ally, an alliance that jumps in right after you and gets killed faster or an alliance that looks before it leaps and creates a better outcome for you both. Zenith jumped in head first in Karma and we got killed within a week of entering. We rushed our DoW and paid for it. I'm happy to not be making the same mistake again.

Edited by Duncan King

I know you all are just salivating at the thought of munching on our nations, but patience is a virtue. Some could say that we have finally learned the lesson of the Karma War and are not coming in like cows to the slaughter. Others could say that the vaunted military command of "our side" doesn't seem to be capable of doing anything other than hurrying up and waiting by ordering everyone to peace mode. I personally agree with both of these, but when you play with others, it's important to play by the rules.

Yes, you could say that we're all cowards for not jumping in, but that can easily countered by asking what makes a better ally, an alliance that jumps in right after you and gets killed faster or an alliance that looks before it leaps and creates a better outcome for you both. Zenith jumped in head first in Karma and we got killed within a week of entering. We rushed our DoW and paid for it. I'm happy to not be making the same mistake again.

Well stated. Those that continue to berate TPF's allies for not jumping in head first in their defense only do so because they're not in our position. If they had jumped in without looking at all angles as we did during Karma, they'd understand our position. We're not backing out, we're not ignoring our obligations. Granted, many of us would rather be doing something publicly to assist our allies, but that's not always a possibility when you are working with a group. So, for now, we work with our allies and create a united front. If you don't like that, oh well.

5 Days, sorry but I left TSI Gov because you guys are incompetent, 5 whole days the first 3 days all I seen was bickering on who was trying to organize then another day of it's IRON whose leading the charge now, it's a day of the organizing of LM, now it's into day 6 and still no help for allies that really should have been helped long before now, you wonder why ppl are calling you spineless? Really do you not think there justified to say that, when all you have shown is floppy behavior. Now the master genius idea of sending everyone into peacemode, hows that working now that the actual main aggressors are in peacemode now? Cracking strategy. it's not about who can help TPF, you know this, it's about who will be next and TOP is joining not for love of TPF it's purely because they will be next on the chopping block There so many alliances joining V Athens/RoK because of grudges personal and alliance wide it's unreal, don't dispute that, I have all the irc logs and #Grudges logs that prove you guys suck and its not about helping TPF, it's all about helping your own satisfaction. So don't sit here and say your doing this for anything else but your own agendas.

Regarding people calling TPFs allies cowards and no spines, I would know that too, because clearly your making an observation on lack of DoW's, I know for sure TSI was ready literally the day after Rok/Athens attacked and so were many others, they have been disallowed to Attack Athens or Rok right from the start, because of piss poor mainframe, coalition organizing. So if anything blame the people that are organizing this terrible effort at suiting there own agendas. If I had my way TSI would have rolled onto Athens the day later and so would have a couple others on RoK. but alas the brains behind the "lets all go into peace mode then make all our enemies go into peacemode strategy" brain children would simple not allow it. Many of TPFs allies have been ready for days itching waiting to jump on Athens/Rok but are being held back by the likes of TOP (no surprises) and IRON (no surprises) and the rest of the coalition of "lets wait till our allies are that smashed it makes no difference helping them military" genius mastermind planners. I like TPF every person I spoke to was nice respectful and showed great friendliness, if thats different in personal chats with them for other people you may want to rethink your own inwards self. I found them pleasant.

Few things thats obvious why they don't attack.

They want citadel fighting for them they know without them they are screwed.

They do not want to involve NpO, they know if this happens then NpO's treaty chain will most certainly make it hard for them.

they know if one of these factors is wrong they will simply get beat, if they manage to pull both factors off then Rok/Athens and the rest of us get beat. It certainly does not deflect away from the plain and simple fact of 6 Days no helping your allied treaty partners is a complete joke. It felt embarrassing being in TSI at that point, not because of the people, they are great bunch of people, but purely because ppl are acting like spineless rubber backed Cowards. It does not sit well with me in the slightest.

Que the yea rush in and die troll arguments. Can shoot that down right away, with the simple fact 3 days could be acceptable, as time to set up defense ,but 6 days and still no wars LOL sthu with that argument already

Edited for spelling.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

Hiro is smart.

Also on the TSI issue, it is clear they were going to enter because after Shuru posted her thread she said she would make another announcement in 32 hours. Which would have been update on day 2.

This war is no longer about TPF. TPF is being left to burn and I hope they cancel on the lot of you and find some real allies after this crap is over.

I agree wholeheartedly with you, Hiro, and I'm starting to have the same questions for myself.

I had assumed you had gone off the deep end. It is good to see you creeping back from the ledge. :wub:

Edited by AirMe

5 Days, sorry but I left TSI Gov because you guys are incompetent, 5 whole days the first 3 days all I seen was bickering on who was trying to organize then another day of it's IRON whose leading the charge now, it's a day of the organizing of LM, now it's into day 6 and still no help for allies that really should have been helped long before now, you wonder why ppl are calling you spineless? Really do you not think there justified to say that, when all you have shown is floppy behavior. Now the master genius idea of sending everyone into peacemode, hows that working now that the actual main aggressors are in peacemode now? Cracking strategy. it's not about who can help TPF, you know this, it's about who will be next and TOP is joining not for love of TPF it's purely because they will be next on the chopping block There so many alliances joining V Athens/RoK because of grudges personal and alliance wide it's unreal, don't dispute that, I have all the irc logs and #Grudges logs that prove you guys suck and its not about helping TPF, it's all about helping your own satisfaction. So don't sit here and say your doing this for anything else but your own agendas.

Regarding people calling TPFs allies cowards and no spines, I would know that too, because clearly your making an observation on lack of DoW's, I know for sure TSI was ready literally the day after Rok/Athens attacked and so were many others, they have been disallowed to Attack Athens or Rok right from the start, because of piss poor mainframe, coalition organizing. So if anything blame the people that are organizing this terrible effort at suiting there own agendas. If I had my way TSI would have rolled onto Athens the day later and so would have a couple others on RoK. but alas the brains behind the "lets all go into peace mode then make all our enemies go into peacemode strategy" brain children would simple not allow it. Many of TPFs allies have been ready for days itching waiting to jump on Athens/Rok but are being held back by the likes of TOP (no surprises) and IRON (no surprises) and the rest of the coalition of "lets wait till our allies are that smashed it makes no difference helping them military" genius mastermind planners. I like TPF every person I spoke to was nice respectful and showed great friendliness, if thats different in personal chats with them for other people you may want to rethink your own inwards self. I found them pleasant.

Few things thats obvious why they don't attack.

They want citadel fighting for them they know without them they are screwed.

They do not want to involve NpO, they know if this happens then NpO's treaty chain will most certainly make it hard for them.

they know if one of these factors is wrong they will simply get beat, if they manage to pull both factors off then Rok/Athens and the rest of us get beat. It certainly does not deflect away from the plain and simple fact of 6 Days no helping your allied treaty partners is a complete joke. It felt embarrassing being in TSI at that point, not because of the people, they are great bunch of people, but purely because ppl are acting like spineless rubber backed Cowards. It does not sit well with me in the slightest.

Que the yea rush in and die troll arguments. Can shoot that down right away, with the simple fact 3 days could be acceptable, as time to set up defense ,but 6 days and still no wars LOL sthu with that argument already

Edited for spelling.

It's good to see people with conviction around here, however, you being so convinced of your cause would look more believable if you were at war with Supercomplaints for at least 3 days now, not sitting in peace mode applying to Nemesis.

All of the people that were good at the planning stages (ie, politicking with allies & friends) are MIA, and it's showing.

Polar has a huge chunk of them. Some are in NSO, some are in NPO, and I believe a few are now with the "other side", namely MK & \m/.

What you're left with is people too chicken !@#$ to organize something quickly and get it done, damn the consequences. Planning is one thing, but this is procrastination for whatever reason.

Again I do not blame Shuru for this, because she was as fustrated and angry as I was, At not being allowed to go in and help her closest allies and tbh, I was utterly disgusted with not being able to do the job I was asked to do.

Please do not take my post in that way. I know she wanted to defend as well.

It's good to see people with conviction around here, however, you being so convinced of your cause would look more believable if you were at war with Supercomplaints for at least 3 days now, not sitting in peace mode applying to Nemesis.

Ohh I will jump right back into the war and be back out of peacemode the minute I'm accepted or not into Nemesis, it was my home prior so it makes sense to rejoin them, but ofcoarse in your eyes it would make complete logical sense to stay in and alliance thats got puppet strings attached to its limbs, along with the logic behind staying in none and being raided by everyone for my tech. Jolly good show and understanding of the situation. But rest assured I will be fighting thats a 110% guarentee, but it won't be for the colation that lacks the ability to act fast enough to stop the complete carnage of an alliance, it will be on the side my fellow friends at Nemesis are on. Saying that I will not attack TSI nor will I attack TPF.

So if thats all you have to respond to my original post, I would hazard a guess at that your response it weak and lacks really anything worth reading other than the entertaining value of seeing the troll come out to play :D thanks.

Ohh I will jump right back into the war and be back out of peacemode the minute I'm accepted or not into Nemesis, it was my home prior so it makes sense to rejoin them, but ofcoarse in your eyes it would make complete logical sense to stay in and alliance thats got puppet strings attached to its limbs, along with the logic behind staying in none and being raided by everyone for my tech. Jolly good show and understanding of the situation. But rest assured I will be fighting thats a 110% guarentee, but it won't be for the colation that lacks the ability to act fast enough to stop the complete carnage of an alliance, it will be on the side my fellow friends at Nemesis are on. Saying that I will not attack TSI nor will I attack TPF.

So if thats all you have to respond to my original post, I would hazard a guess at that your response it weak and lacks really anything worth reading other than the entertaining value of seeing the troll come out to play :D thanks.

It's easy to say, stop being a puppet and just go in and take the beating regardless of the rest of the alliances involved. But, it would be a complete waste of resources for the smaller of TPF's allies to go in while the larger ones do not. The smaller ones who are not part of the organizing are left to wait for the larger ones to decide the plan details. If we went in on our own, we'd be murdered and be a complete waste of support for TPF. We'd also bring in other allies of those attacking TPF who are licking their chops at the thought that one of us goes out on our own.

It's far from easy to sit by and watch the alliance that has given you so much sit alone and get attacked. As long as I am hearing from TPF that they can withstand, I'll hold out for the larger allies to enact their plan. But, if it comes down to TPF no longer able to hold up against their enemies, a new plan of action may need to be taken by some of the less influential TPF allies. For now (but honestly not much longer) we will stay with TPF's larger allies.

No, it was simply an observation on my part.

Again, if you are truly believing into the cause of defending TPF without looking at the possible outcome, I would have expected you to simply do it on your own accord, without caring what happens to your nation during or after the war.

But as you say so yourself, you care about your tech, and you don't really care so much about defending TPF, as you already stated that you now infact will fight against all those possibly helping TPF.

Which means you simply are not a martyr who was held back of his true cause by his former alliance, you simply are someone who disagreed with the decision of your fomer alliance and as a result chose to do a little smearing and logdumping/trying to reveal secrets :P

I am not even critizing you for this, if you are so angry that sometimes might be the reaction, I am simply pointing out that your anger is by your own admittance not at all related to not being able to defend TPF, nor about their friends looking at the broader horizon.

You too are looking at the broader horizon by putting your tech above your convinction to help TPF, and your anger of your fomer alliance even makes you oppose TPF (even if indirectly).

Meaning you actually cannot criticize the coalition for acting no differently than you do, at least the coalition isn't planning on fighting TPF ;)

Edited by shilo

I had assumed you had gone off the deep end. It is good to see you creeping back from the ledge. :wub:

Oh please, I was ready to jump in the day Athens declared on TPF but the charter and not wanting to go rogue held me back. I was actually embarrassed that Zenith's charter wouldn't let us go in until at least 48 hours after Athens attacked. The fact that we still have not done anything and six days have elapsed is unacceptable.

Please do not take my post in that way. I know she wanted to defend as well.

You'll find that most of TPF's allies wanted to defend but I fear that in the search for how to do so without sustaining massive casualties, we missed actually doing something.

It's easy to say, stop being a puppet and just go in and take the beating regardless of the rest of the alliances involved. But, it would be a complete waste of resources for the smaller of TPF's allies to go in while the larger ones do not. The smaller ones who are not part of the organizing are left to wait for the larger ones to decide the plan details. If we went in on our own, we'd be murdered and be a complete waste of support for TPF. We'd also bring in other allies of those attacking TPF who are licking their chops at the thought that one of us goes out on our own.

It's far from easy to sit by and watch the alliance that has given you so much sit alone and get attacked. As long as I am hearing from TPF that they can withstand, I'll hold out for the larger allies to enact their plan. But, if it comes down to TPF no longer able to hold up against their enemies, a new plan of action may need to be taken by some of the less influential TPF allies. For now (but honestly not much longer) we will stay with TPF's larger allies.

Agree 100% with this post.

I'm glad you agree and I'm also glad your not trolling because of my post, it was not meant in that manner, it was more of a rant from within myself. I have already commented on I know TFP's Allies prayed TOP/Citadel would get involved because without them, it is game over for the coalition of nations. I also aknowledge the fact that They are trying to work the treaty chain so that it does not bring in certain alliances like NpO. I do not dissagree with anything relating to that in any way shape or form as I was present when they were discussing it. what grates me is the fact that not one of the smaller alliances had any say on the matter, hence puppet strings comment. And it does not take days upon days to organise something like this sorry it just should not. I don't care what anyone says, it's just plain lazy and clearly overthinking is being used.

I do not condone TPF being smashed to nothing while others sit planning on how they can come out of it unscathed, if you sign a treaty you obligate it regardless of the outcome to your nations or pixels. By doing this your showing others that you care more for your pixels and what is the point of signing the treaty if your only interested in your own alliance, if your hearts not in it and you don't want to lose pixels or lose, then don't involve yourself in the first place.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

I'm glad you agree and I'm also glad your not trolling because of my post, it was not meant in that manner, it was more of a rant from within myself. I have already commented on I know TFP's Allies prayed TOP/Citadel would get involved because without them, it is game over for the coalition of nations. I also aknowledge the fact that They are trying to work the treaty chain so that it does not bring in certain alliances like NpO. i do not dissagree with anything relating to that in any way shape or form as I was present when they were discussing it. what grates me is the fact that not one of the smaller alliances had any say on the matter, hence puppet strings comment. And it does not take days upon days to organise something like this sorry it just should not. I don't care what anyone says, it's just plain lazy and clearly overthinking is being used.

One more thing that comes into play here is the timing of all of this. The attackers knew their strategy and worked more than a couple of days towards attacks on TPF. The attacks were carried out during the holidays (2 days after Christmas) and in doing so, left many of TPF's allies unavailable (OOC: busy and out of town with RL). These talks are taking longer due to these circumstances. I was an advocate of our allies when it was 2, 3 and even 4 days wait. But extending past that has just enraged more people than it's appeased.

Also, shilo made a nice point, one which you've yet to address...you speak about how disappointed that TPF wasn't backed, yet you leave to one of the alliances siding with their attackers. You aren't upset that TPF wasn't being helped, you were upset because you weren't kept in the loop and given the ability to act as you wanted. The fact that TPF is getting beaten was a secondary issue for you. You leaving to an opposing alliance shows you were acting in your own self-interest. Nothing more.

Your wrong, if you would like to request Skype logs from shuru and posts on her boards I'm sure you will see I wanted to rush straight to the aid of our allies so commenting on such things without the nessesary information is factualy incorrect. You will also see that i was willing to wait a reasnoble time to attack as requested by Shuru, but again your leaving that important information out aren't you. I left because I could not sit past 4 days of planning on something that should never have taken so long. I have also stated I will not attack TSI nor will I attack TPF or did you mis that part?

I will fight whoever my friends at Nemesis will, but I doubt they will ever get involved with either alliances due to the chain just not working in that fasion, however I will most likley have a chance to fight against the people that are just in it because its cool.

Edited in: I can see how wanting to obligate your treaty with your closest allies in a timely fasion can be missconstrued to being only out for myself.

Edited by Hiro Nakara

One more thing that comes into play here is the timing of all of this. The attackers knew their strategy and worked more than a couple of days towards attacks on TPF. The attacks were carried out during the holidays (2 days after Christmas) and in doing so, left many of TPF's allies unavailable (OOC: busy and out of town with RL). These talks are taking longer due to these circumstances. I was an advocate of our allies when it was 2, 3 and even 4 days wait. But extending past that has just enraged more people than it's appeased.

sorry to burst your bubble but Athens "plan" went out of the window when we had to move up the attack by 22h.

The attack was organized within a single hour. From the time the first mass message was sent out within our AA to our entry it was less than 30 minutes. Believe me, if we had had 3-4 hours to draw up proper target lists and divide the nations between the alliances we would have staggered better ;)

No, it was simply an observation on my part.

Again, if you are truly believing into the cause of defending TPF without looking at the possible outcome, I would have expected you to simply do it on your own accord, without caring what happens to your nation during or after the war.

But as you say so yourself, you care about your tech, and you don't really care so much about defending TPF, as you already stated that you now infact will fight against all those possibly helping TPF.

Which means you simply are not a martyr who was held back of his true cause by his former alliance, you simply are someone who disagreed with the decision of your fomer alliance and as a result chose to do a little smearing and logdumping/trying to reveal secrets :P

I am not even critizing you for this, if you are so angry that sometimes might be the reaction, I am simply pointing out that your anger is by your own admittance not at all related to not being able to defend TPF, nor about their friends looking at the broader horizon.

You too are looking at the broader horizon by putting your tech above your convinction to help TPF, and your anger of your fomer alliance even makes you oppose TPF (even if indirectly).

Meaning you actually cannot criticize the coalition for acting no differently than you do, at least the coalition isn't planning on fighting TPF ;)

1. I do not care about my nation, but I will make an impact with it rather than it frittering away to opportunistic weasel tech raiders. I will save it for fighting in wars where i can maybe have an impact.

2. I will most prolly fight against alliances that hold no treaties with tpf and are only in it to suit there own agendas ( I'm happy about that too)

3. I have not dumped logs yet, but I could if I chose too, but what type of person would that make me. I have not revealed anything that the planet bob has not already been made aware of already, nor have I given details to Nemesis, so go ask them, you figure that one out yourself?

4. Again how many times do I have to state this, I was outraged at the fact nobody has stood up before now, angry that it has taken 6 days most likely to go into 7 days without intervention. i guess your just browsing past that part 3 times now. I will not target TPF keep going on about it, the answer will be the same no matter how many times I repeat it. I will however hit others.

5. No again, you have missed the part where your fighting to exact revenge for your own petty needs. Against enemies you have been waiting for a while to get your blunt teeth into. That is far more acceptable, obviously.

Care to try harder next time. Or are we going to continue this circular argument?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

1. I do not care about my nation, but I will make an impact with it rather than it frittering away to oppertunistic weasel tech raiders. I will save it for fighting in wars where i can maybe have an impact.

2. I will most prolly fight agaisnt alliances that hold no treaties with tpf and are only in it to suit there own agendas ( iI'm happy about that too)

3. I have not dumped loggs ye,t but I could if I chose too, but what type of person would that make me. I have not revealed anything that the planet bob has not already been made aware of already, nor have I given details to Nemesis, so go ask them, you figuire that one out yourself?

4. Again how many times do I have to state this, I was outraged at the fact nobody has stood up before now, angry that it has taken 6 days most likley to go into 7 days without intervention. i guess your just browsing past that part 3 times now. I will not target TPF keep going on about it, the awnser will be the same no matter how many times I repeat it. I will however hit others.

5. No again, you have missed the part where your fighting to exact revenge for your own petty needs. Agaisnt enemies you have been waiting for a while to get your blunt teeth into. That is far more acceptable, obviously.

Care to try harder next time. Or are we going to continue this circular arguement?

You summarized my post well, so I assume you understood what I tried to say, but in case not I'll say it in different words:

1. By not simply following your convictions but putting your tech, your infra your nation above them, you can hardly criticize a coalition for putting a possible victory above immediate intervention in this war. You are far more self-serving than the coalition is, to put it bluntly.

2. You are so outraged that you were held back defending TPF that your reaction now is fight TPF and those defending it? Seriously, I hope in time you see why that looks as extremely funny as it actually is :D

3. Yeah, logdumping always is a cool thing to do, especially in your case as all of this is based on you not being able to defend TPF, so naturally hampering efforts of others to defend TPF surely is what someone in your position would do.

4. Ok, let me try that one again: by fighting those trying to help TPF, you are directly harming TPF. Plain and simple.

With that said, I recommend you stand in front of a mirror and direct most of your outrage at yourself. As you are not just not helping TPF - no - you are infact harming TPF. What a way to follow your convictions...

5. I am not fighting anyone, so it's difficult to see what you are getting at. And as no one harmed me, it's difficult to see why I would want to exact revenge on someone or something that wasn't done to me?

You summarized my post well, so I assume you understood what I tried to say, but in case not I'll say it in different words:

1. By not simply following your convictions but putting your tech, your infra your nation above them, you can hardly criticize a coalition for putting a possible victory above immediate intervention in this war. You are far more self-serving than the coalition is, to put it bluntly.

2. You are so outraged that you were held back defending TPF that your reaction now is fight TPF and those defending it? Seriously, I hope in time you see why that looks as extremely funny as it actually is :D

3. Yeah, logdumping always is a cool thing to do, especially in your case as all of this is based on you not being able to defend TPF, so naturally hampering efforts of others to defend TPF surely is what someone in your position would do.

4. Ok, let me try that one again: by fighting those trying to help TPF, you are directly harming TPF. Plain and simple.

With that said, I recommend you stand in front of a mirror and direct most of your outrage at yourself. As you are not just not helping TPF - no - you are infact harming TPF. What a way to follow your convictions...

5. I am not fighting anyone, so it's difficult to see what you are getting at. And as no one harmed me, it's difficult to see why I would want to exact revenge on someone or something that wasn't done to me?

1. Wrong again i thought the fact of not allowing my nation to be ravished by tech raiders was clear enough, i have no problems in loosing it in battle though.

2. Again i have stated 4th time now I'm not going to fight tpf just the laxidazial ppl that are in it for there own selfish reasons.

3. Again why would i want to be a spai and log dump all your plans and log dump to hurt TPF i have already commented numerous times i like the guys.girls there. for the 3rd time

4. I will only be harming the silly people that are in it for there own selfish needs.

5. you mistake me for you as in your alliance but hey ho my fault i should have made that clear, lets just se in a week or 2 when things finally get kicked off and i somehow bet your alliances is fighting in the war against someone you (alliance) has hated or wanted a piece of for a while.

I'm just off out will correct typos later

Edited by Hiro Nakara

To be honest I figured there would be a blitz on new years eve just because of how strategically awesome it could have been if pulled off correctly. Seems like a lot of red tape is having to be gone through by the tpf allies to ensure they get a good edge in the war, and while that is fine I'm just wondering how this would leave the tpf feeling if peace was to be settled without them having come in at all on the military side. If anything it'll provide for a impetus for better coordination I figure.

i posted this earlier, but it bears repeating......

Here's a thought: you could leave the issue of how TPF's treaties will be honored between TPF and her treaty partners. The only people i see getting all bent out of shape about TPF's allies not honoring thier treaties are TPF's enemies.

Of course TPF's allies aren't up in arms about this. They're too busy dishonouring themselves by fleeing to hippy mode. Why would they want to bring attention to that?

And people call us "Optional"...