Athens Declaration of War

rsoxbronco1

Athens attacked our MDAP partner in the Karma war, thus they attacked TPF. We were at war, any report that we were not is quite untrue.

Did you ever receive surrender terms from Athens and accepted them? If not, then there is no reason to argue about Athens attacking you, since peace was never declared in your "war."

Anyone not happy with this CB, you now have no reason to complain since Athens seems to have been at war with TPF this whole time and no peace has been declared.

Edited by lakerzz8

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these people complaining about this war and defending TPF. Yet I see no counter attacks, and nothing real happening.

Seems like just any other day on Planet Bob. This game, as us Hakaiist believe, has undoubtedly gone down the drain.

Are you serious? You actually think counter attacking now is a smart option? If anyone is going to counter, they'll do it in the next two updates.

War happens on updates, that's the basic game mechanic.

Or hell try your "diplomacy" see how well it goes... heck if you let an alliance try to infiltrate you and destroy you from within and do nothing about it you should just go join GPA as you obviously don't care or don't have any spine.

o/ Athens!

I think that this comment was aimed at me. If so, I believe you misunderstood me. I'm not saying that one should sit still and do nothing. To the contrary, I'm arguing that one should fully investigate the issue before declaring war.

If this comment was not directed at me, the please kindly ignore this post.

First of all, Athens....happy phoenix hunting. We should have a phoenix BBQ later and see if they taste good.

So you would allow a potential enemy to plan your demise and actually wait for them to do it before doing anything about it? Have I heard you right on that one?

People can plan all they want. If I were to learn of some one currently plotting against me or my allies, not plotting done months ago and not acted upon, and had proof, I would take them to the table for an appropriate recourse.

Athens attacked our MDAP partner in the Karma war, thus they attacked TPF. We were at war, any report that we were not is quite untrue.

There was never a declaration of war from either side so the MDAP was never activated. Also, having fought TPF during the war I can say I never saw a TPF/Athens war.

Then peace was never declared and this is just an end to the ceasefire.

You are a fool to think that alliance will declare within a few hours of yours.

Then let them save the trashtalking for when they are actually involved.

Valid CB, roll TPF

I think they already did :v:

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

I doubt STA would do such a thing, but if a situation like that did arise, the perpetrators would be the created alliance. We would not harbor those agents like Athens did, and even if we were twice the size of STA you can believe we would speak to Tygaland about it first before any sort of short sited DoW.

It's good that you are staying true to your stance and all, but seriously? :huh:

Obviously the situation is hypothetical so you are reacting to it however benefits your current argument, right?

There was never a declaration of war from either side so the MDAP was never activated. Also, having fought TPF during the war I can say I never saw a TPF/Athens war.

No no, good sir, we will go with TPFs assertion that we were at war. We never gave them terms, or accepted a surrender, hence this CB is irrelevant, we have always been at war.

And if Tyga denied trying to destroy you, what would your course of action be?

And if Tyga confessed to telling those people to create that alliance to destroy you, what would your course of action be?

To 1. Smile and wait for some real evidence.

To 2. Take STA to the table. If they refused demands, war it would be.

I doubt STA would do such a thing, but if a situation like that did arise, the perpetrators would be the created alliance. We would not harbor those agents like Athens did, and even if we were twice the size of STA you can believe we would speak to Tygaland about it first before any sort of short sited DoW.

This is absurd; do you believe it to be impossible to wage war by proxy? Are you seriously telling me if you knew for a fact that we were budding off members to form alliances for the sole purpose of destroying Zenith, you wouldn't hold us responsible? Really? Come on now, even if it was government sanctioned? Really?

Edit: Ok, post above mine clarified that somewhat, so that's apparently not what you were saying. Good, because that would be ridiculous

Edited by Jyrinx

To 1. Smile and wait for some real evidence.

To 2. Take STA to the table. If they refused demands, war it would be.

Ah, so short of Tyga himself admitting his desire to destroy Zenith, the STA can send off members under a different AA to try to destroy your alliance and there would be no consequences for the STA. You're lucky we're not the aggressive type ;)

Edited by lakerzz8

It's good that you are staying true to your stance and all, but seriously? :huh:

Obviously the situation is hypothetical so you are reacting to it however benefits your current argument, right?

You never know how people will react to unsettling news, some people instinctively attack because they see a feasible chance to take what is others. Some keep the long term perspective in mind and decide what course of action would best benefit their alliance.

People can plan all they want. If I were to learn of some one currently plotting against me or my allies, not plotting done months ago and not acted upon, and had proof, I would take them to the table for an appropriate recourse.

I do believe TPF's crimes are on the table and plain for all to see. Spying is spying after all. If you support spying then thats your choice. Athens has shown by their actions however that they dont. TPF is now paying the price.

RoK is also the aggressor. You can stop being so hypocritical now, if you'd like of course you have free reign to act as you please.

The reason why most of the discussion is appearing in Athens' DoW is because the Athens DoW was posted first, and it's easier to have the same discussion in one thread.

Ah, so short of Tyga himself admitting his desire to destroy Zenith, the STA can send off members under a different AA to try to destroy your alliance and there would be no consequences for the STA. You're lucky we're not the aggressive type ;)

If you'd like. Though I'd say it wouldn't do much for our relations.

Besides, I didn't say anything of the sort. There will always be consequences to those currently plotting against us. Without proof, there isn't much a CB, though. I don't hold people responsible for what they did months ago in a war. Only what they do now.

You never know how people will react to unsettling news, some people instinctively attack because they see a feasible chance to take what is others. Some keep the long term perspective in mind and decide what course of action would best benefit their alliance.

Or, and this is going out on a limb, here....

They could not like the prospect, even the thought, of being infiltrated by people supported by an alliance that is scheming their downfall.

Like I said, really far out there.

I do believe TPF's crimes are on the table and plain for all to see. Spying is spying after all. If you support spying then thats your choice. Athens has shown by their actions however that they dont. TPF is now paying the price.

There was no spying. As admitted by Zero Hour.

I think were missing the real issue here, that this never happened. This is and was all a lie from the beginning, fabricated by Athens as an excuse to roll TPF. I, for one, find it difficult to see mhawk sending a rogue alliance to destroy Athens. Why should he give a !@#$? Give me one good reason mhawk would want to destroy Athens that isnt "they are bigger/stronger/whatever". The only reason I can see is that they arent freinds and TPF wants to rule the world, and frankly I think thats the purpose of every alliance, so are you going to declare war on everyone? Im sorry but this and the other declarations make absolutely no sense and until you can give me a non bs reason these cb's and these wars are invalid and irrelevant and I hope some of the larger players on the worlds stage can see that and stop people from doing this kind of thing.

Or, and this is going out on a limb, here....

They could not like the prospect, even the thought, of being infiltrated by people supported by an alliance that is scheming their downfall.

Like I said, really far out there.

Well, when that happens, there might be a valid cause. So far it hasn't.