Roman Empire Announcement

Varianz

Roman1copy.png

Because we know you care!

I'm going to keep this short. The following alliances are linked to the Roman Empire in the following ways.

Aeonic Imperium- Protectorate. AI have been close friends with the Roman Empire for several rounds now, and we're delighted to keep the relationship going.

The Society- Protectorate. Established by the former Roman Empire Praetor of Recruiting, we have high hopes for them.

Kleos- Protectorate. Established by a former Roman Empire Legate (seeing a trend?), they did well last round, and have shown themselves to have staying power.

Global Democratic Alliance- MDP. Longtime friends of the Roman Empire as far back as Round 3, and a reliable group.

We are open to new relations, as our foreign policy for this round is being revamped. If you want to talk to us, you can contact us the following ways:

Forums: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Roman_Empire_Forum

IRC: #RE-TE on Coldfront

You may now mindlessly hail.

Edited by Tiberius12

Roman1copy.png

Because we know you care!

I'm going to keep this short. The following alliances are linked to the Roman Empire in the following ways.

Aeonic Imperium- Protectorate. AI have been close friends with the Roman Empire for several rounds now, and we're delighted to keep the relationship going.

The Society- Protectorate. Established by the former Roman Empire Praetor of Recruiting, we have high hopes for them.

Kleos- Protectorate. Established by a former Roman Empire Legate (seeing a trend?), they did well last round, and have shown themselves to have staying power.

Global Democratic Alliance- MDP. Longtime friends of the Roman Empire as far back as Round 3, and a reliable group.

I don't see Marcus in there. please re-check.

We are open to new relations, as our foreign policy for this round is being revamped. If you want to talk to us, you can contact us the following ways:

Forums: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Roman_Empire_Forum

IRC: #RomanEmpire on Coldfront

You may now mindlessly hail.

I don't see Marcus here. Please do re-check.

Edited by marcus the great

Why would TPF treaty with Tibs?

o/ TPF

Why wouldn't they? TPF is not on the list for the simple reason that I have had yet to talk to them about re-affirming our ties for this round. Holiday season, people are kinda busy, that sort of thing.

Treaties?

We have a couple of friends that I hope we have earned their support if needed.

A new alliance that we protected which has now grown up but hope they will still stand by us as we would stand by them.

And one more bunch of lads that we will help to grow and prosper.

Not a treaty in sight. This is TE not SE, don't think the the Mexican standoff that happens in SE has a place in TE. <_<

Treaties?

A new alliance that we protected which has now grown up but hope they will still stand by us as we would stand by them.

Not a treaty in sight. This is TE not SE, don't think the the Mexican standoff that happens in SE has a place in TE. <_<

That's your prerogative, this is ours. I don't understand why people feel the need to come into this thread going "ZOMG TREATIES ARE EBIL RUINING THE GAME!" Personally, I believe that the lack of treaties and the lack of political interest does more harm to this game then good, but I doubt I'll convince anyone of that. Maybe I'll write a wall of text about it at some point.

Bottom line: If you don't like our policy fine. Just use your heads for a minute and think, instead of just mindlessly assuming that treaties are ruining TE. Has anyone else noticed the correlation between the declining number of treaties in TE and the declining amount of players in TE? Something to consider.

Edited by Tiberius12

Has anyone else noticed the correlation between the declining number of treaties in TE and the declining amount of players in TE?

Interesting conclusion that you jumped to there. But hardly a "correlation".

Thanks for posting your treaties for all to see.

And if congratulations are in order, then congratulations.

Edited by Thomasjtx

Has anyone else noticed the correlation between the declining number of treaties in TE and the declining amount of players in TE? Something to consider.

And left handed people are evil because Jack the Ripper and Hitler were?

Very well, give me an alternative for why there are fewer people playing TE each round, perfectly in line with decreased political activity from round to round. I'm sure few of you have even considered this, because most of you can't think beyond the end of your noses, but there are a minority out there that actually have brains.

Treaties?

k. i don't think your negative opinions have a place in our positive announcements. See, I can give opinions too!

perfectly in line with decreased political activity from round to round

I am not sure that the number of treaties are the appropriate, or at least only, measure of "political activity".

And then, while this is just conjecture, there might be a number of different reasons why people either decide to play or not to play, other then the presence or lack of treaties.

But then again, I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

Correlation does not necessarily imply causation. It's one of the main ideas of statistics.

I'm fully aware of that. If someone proposes another idea that explains it, I'll happily embrace it. So feel free to throw ideas around.

k. i don't think your negative opinions have a place in our positive announcements. See, I can give opinions too!

I wouldn't say Andy's post was negative.

It's just an opposing view point concerning TE foreign affairs.

Some do treaties, some don't. But everybody's got somebody's back. :P

I like the unpredictability and randomness of some AAs not having treaties in TE.

But it also nice knowing where everybody else stands. It makes for good wars. :)

o/ randomness!

I wouldn't say Andy's post was negative.

It's just an opposing view point concerning TE foreign affairs.

Some do treaties, some don't. But everybody's got somebody's back. :P

I like the unpredictability and randomness of some AAs not having treaties in TE.

But it also nice knowing where everybody else stands. It makes for good wars. :)

o/ randomness!

he commented on a post about the good news of treaties saying he doesn't like treaties, which means he doesn't like these treaties, which to me is negative. It wasn't the statement, it was where he placed the statement

I'd like to take this time to say, that while I reallllyyyy like RE, an alliance chock-full of good guys (with the obvious exception of teh ebil tibs :P ), that their channel utterly reeks when no one is there to voice people. That is all, kthanksbai.

Admist all the trolling, I will compliment RE to say at least they trimmed the fat in those treaties.

Eventually I'd like to see them remove all treaties because if these people are truly friends a piece of paper stating they will fight together should not be required... but we'll see what happens now won't we?

Also, saw your "declining members" post Tibs. But it's the holidays, many people haven't logged on to care. Many people who played TE the past rounds also are tired of what TE brought, which was massive curb stomps and beatdowns rather than 1 on 1 wars, which treaties do not very well allow to happen. Just two cents for you to consider, good luck avoiding the roll which will come RE's way eventually, just the natural way of things by now.

Eventually I'd like to see them remove all treaties because if these people are truly friends a piece of paper stating they will fight together should not be required... but we'll see what happens now won't we?

I still dont get why people have a problem with treaties, I treaty with alliances I view as friends like most other alliances do. A treaty is basically a public showing of friendship and that if you touch either of us, the other will come and help out.

Say everyone got rid of posted treaties to please you lord all mighty, friends will still back each other up regardless just without written proof of it. The "problem" as you call it will stay be here just not visible.

Many people who played TE the past rounds also are tired of what TE brought, which was massive curb stomps and beatdowns rather than 1 on 1 wars, which treaties do not very well allow to happen.

Welcome to the world thats life you dont like it, noone elses problem but your own.