State of the Alliance

Tygaland

staflag.jpg

State of the Alliance

This week has seen attrition and the loss of a couple of members to a new alliance meaning our membership numbers have dropped again to 166. However our total strength remains above 4.8 million and our average nation strength has passed the 29000 mark.

In domestic news new cadets continue to make their way through the academy system with the first graduates being produced in the next two or three weeks. The cadets look to be doing an excellent job and we look forward to them joining the alliance as full members soon.

This week also saw Daverice step down from the Siberian Guard due to the infiltration of "the other realm" which saw Spectre promoted to the Guard. I'd like to thank Daverice for his efforts in his role in the Guard and look forward to Spectre's contribution in his new role.

This week also saw an unwritten rule become a rule with regards to tech raiding policy in the STA. All licensed tech raiders in the STA were advised of the rule making raids on unaligned nations who have attacked members of an alliance or unaligned nations under attack by another alliance as a response to a rogue attack illegal under STA tech raiding rules. Licensed raiders received the confirmation of the unwritten rule well as all our raiders seek to raid without inconveniencing other alliances looking to defend their membership.

In the Siberian Trophy Bamburgh FC moved back to the top of the table on the back of a 6-1 away win over Zavod Ural Solikamsk with some assistance from FC Tigris Altaica who scored an upset 1-0 win over then league leader, Condatis Town FC. Condatis plunged to third with Batch moving up into second place. Altaica moved up a place into fifth with The Rabbs breaking up the “Big 4” sitting in fourth place. At the bottom of the table Team Waycool seems destined for the Cup Division next season as they sit four points adrift of second-from-last Rebel United. FC Polar Samurai are a game clear of the drop zone with Togashire FC moving two games clear after an away win at Polar Samurai on Saturday.

The Mushroom Kingdom regained top spot in the Cup division after a 3-1 away win over Mercers with FC Lviv holding the second promotion place with a huge eight point gap over third placed FC Pinky. At the foot of the table rudderless Capo Salmon slumped to the bottom with a 5-0 loss to Muzza Bizza United. The Tainers moved out of the bottom two with a 1-0 away win over Lombardia FC which also saw Lombardia drop into the relegation zone for the first time. It is rumoured that manager, Iulio Caesaro is away on a European scouting mission and forgot to let the assistant manager know leaving the team without a manager for the past two games.

In the Plate Division it is the same old story as Striking Tigers FC continue to set the pace holding an eight point lead over second placed Eagles with Kelton four points further back. AFC Poyplonia’s slim promotion hopes have all but vanished after a 1-0 loss to Eagles on Saturday. Agnus Avengers continue to improve under new management as they moved into fifth place after a solid win over bottom of the table FC CaVala. Wolverines also scored a handy victory to move five points clear of FC CaVala in ninth place.

The Twinkie Cup entered the second round during the week with the second leg to be played on Tuesday. Bamburgh FC was again an early casualty after being knocked out in the first round by Trophy Division strugglers, Rebel United. Rebel United’s cup draw curse continued when they drew Batch in the second round and it looks like their giant killing run is over after one round with Batch holding a three goal advantage going into the second leg. Despite the random draw it looks like only two lower division clubs will make it through to the Quarter Finals. Striking Tigers hold a 3-2 advantage going into their home game while one of Blitzas11 Angry Men and FC CaVala will make it through with the tie sitting at 2-2 after the first leg.

In Foreign Affairs news the Siberian Tiger Alliance is in the process of discussing a new treaty which we hope to have confirmed soon. The treaty is a low-level treaty but one we hop can be built on over the coming months. STA HQ was inundated with what appeared to be Hare Krishnas this week. On closer inspection the wall of orange was actually a tsunami of diplomats from the Orange Defence Network who appeared to arrive en masse to say hello to Rakari. Only the fact that orange juice gives tigers the runs prevented a mass-mauling of the chanting orange mass.

In military news, the Siberian Tiger Alliance, working with the New Polar Order, has been dealing with the remnants of the nuclear rogues that have plagued us for the past month. I would like to thank all our members who helped and continue to help with dealing with the rogues and also thank our allies at the New Polar Order for their coordination in dealing with the rogue that attacked both our alliances. Despite the usual cavalcade of “raiders” doing their best to run interference with the rogues we have managed to keep the rogues from peace mode and continue to beat them down.

Overall, this week was one where we lost a significant number of members and nation strength but managed to continue to grow despite this. We have seen our new cadets hit the ground running and look forward to seeing the graduates continue to grow under the Siberian Tiger Alliance alliance affiliation in the near future.

Za Sibir’!

Edited by Tygaland

Meanwhile, FC Tigris slumped to defeat against !@#$posters United to end their participation in the holy grail of world sport with merely a whimper!

I didn't want to spoil it for those who hadn't seen the game yet. :mad:

Alas, it is true. I have asked Uhtred about our defensive tactics of running away from the ball and letting the opposition have free runs at goal.

Alas, it is true. I have asked Uhtred about our defensive tactics of running away from the ball and letting the opposition have free runs at goal.

Well you succeeded in scaring Twizzler away from the empty net.

Well, you managed to score a goal in the tournament. That's an improvement over Everything Optional right there.

This week also saw an unwritten rule become a rule with regards to tech raiding policy in the STA. All licensed tech raiders in the STA were advised of the rule making raids on unaligned nations who have attacked members of an alliance or unaligned nations under attack by another alliance as a response to a rogue attack illegal under STA tech raiding rules. Licensed raiders received the confirmation of the unwritten rule well as all our raiders seek to raid without inconveniencing other alliances looking to defend their membership.

I was thinking about joining STA, but I can't tech raid with a headache.

Since you are clarifying your tech raiding rules. What is the STA policy on when you are Tech raiding a nation and he defends himself with nukes and such? Also what if he has an alliance mate that helps defend him and attacks the attacker? Is there an alliance tech raiding policy to cover these things?

In military news, the Siberian Tiger Alliance, working with the New Polar Order, has been dealing with the remnants of the nuclear rogues that have plagued us for the past month. I would like to thank all our members who helped and continue to help with dealing with the rogues and also thank our allies at the New Polar Order for their coordination in dealing with the rogue that attacked both our alliances. Despite the usual cavalcade of “raiders” doing their best to run interference with the rogues we have managed to keep the rogues from peace mode and continue to beat them down.

So when STA does it it's raiding but when someone else does it it's 'raiding'?

In the Siberian Trophy Bamburgh FC moved back to the top of the table on the back of a 6-1 away win over Zavod Ural Solikamsk with some assistance from FC Tigris Altaica who scored an upset 1-0 win over then league leader

Psh, I was in first place anyway.

Fortunately I had the foresight to to get your input on tactics so I'll at least take you down with me. smug.gif

Since you are clarifying your tech raiding rules. What is the STA policy on when you are Tech raiding a nation and he defends himself with nukes and such? Also what if he has an alliance mate that helps defend him and attacks the attacker? Is there an alliance tech raiding policy to cover these things?

Our policy states that if a raider bites off more than he can chew he's on his own. If he screws up it's his mess to sort out.

So when STA does it it's raiding but when someone else does it it's 'raiding'?

You'll notice that the STA has rules in place which prevent dubious raiding habits.

Edited by Uhtred