OBP OOC Thread

Stefano Palmieri

You insulted the Sicilian League when it was established as a mechanism created by Lavo to prevent Siciliy and Sardinia from coming under your occupation.

You have repeatedly denounced the members of the Aphrike Treaty as well as the Hanseatics. All of these are IC insults and denunciations.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the fact is they can and do co-exist. There will always be nations regardless what sort of 'canon' is established that will continue to RP with us.

As for king of cochin's suggestion, as much as I would agree to this as being a perfect solution, reality is no sane alliance would ever let their members take part - because no alliance is going to allow its investment (i.e. nation-building aid) go down the toilet all due to a war for RP sake.

From reading many of your comments, it appears to me that the issue here is not so much Botha Mode itself - but rather the manner of how someone in particular is RPing in Botha Mode.

The two styles don't co-exist. You, Botha, co-exist, because you don't flaunt the IG power of your alliance against anyone just doing a RP. However several very damaging arguments have proven there is no co-existence between CNRP and what junio does.

Co-existing doesen't mean i have to be forced to roleplay with rules not even remotely related to what i am used to call realistic roleplay. Realistic doesen't mean with real world numbers, realistic means with mentally stable leaders who take decisions thinking about consequences and possible reactions which is the reason i have decided to stick with Botha's rules of responsible roleplay, because in CNRP there are only a few people who do responsible roleplay.

I don't think declaring war on a country "to prove you can declare war" is something a responsible leader would do, but being an IG war, it has my full recognition, and thus i am roleplaying it.

Then go to the Game Related Roleplay subform. That is what it is for. National Roleplay only. Or do you not want to go because then you can't act like king of CNRP?

I am highly in favor of making Italy white space for a new RPer, one that will actually interact with CNRP.
Me too, this has been going one for way too long

Lets start a poll. I'll write up a topic right away.

Alliances are now part of the RP?

Go home, Gentlemen, I've won. The MHA rules da house.

He was attacked, his alliance responded - it makes sense to me.

Same as lynneth. Everyone else loses because MHA wins /zergrush?

There’s nothing stopping you, remember the ‘Francocist’ block in CNRP?

It was pretty much a CNRP extension of the NPO.

The "francocist bloc" were people that actually joined CNRP though. Even if they had to be removed through inactive rules they still actually claimed land and fought RP wars.

I said i'm not gonna leave, i'm not gonna change my RP style.

I will not leave this forum until i am permanently banned.

Stop bullying me, it wont work.

If you want to ignore the community, ignore the rules, ignore the RP. Then you are not even REMOTELY playing CNRP. Don't complain when everyone else simply does what you are already doing to us.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Tahsir Re

Who said the Open National RP forum belongs exclusively to CNRP?

Game-related RP (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. Come here to roleplay events such as wars, trade sanctions, exposed spy operations, etc. that are affecting or otherwise involving your nation in-game.

Fantasy RP (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. If you're looking for a world far apart from the traditional politics, this is the place to be. Hardcore roleplayers can come here to act out fictional events using factors as related or unrelated to Cyber Nations itself as their heart desires.

See the difference?

Game-related RP (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. Come here to roleplay events such as wars, trade sanctions, exposed spy operations, etc. that are affecting or otherwise involving your nation in-game.

Fantasy RP (IC)

This is an In-Character forum. If you're looking for a world far apart from the traditional politics, this is the place to be. Hardcore roleplayers can come here to act out fictional events using factors as related or unrelated to Cyber Nations itself as their heart desires.

See the difference?

Junio Borghese plays many elements, like politics and domestic affairs, that are applicable to the Fantasy RP (IC) forum - CNRP or otherwise. Edited by Generalissimo

Are you saying i didn't roleplay for 6 months? I have done more roleplay than many other players who are not in Botha-Mode. There is an OOC hatred behind all of this, that's why i'm not gonna leave.

No, there isn't. Get over yourself.

They would love to make me ragequit and delete me from the map (something they can't do - because my nation has been recognized, and thus it still exists) but that's not my behavior, i do not insult

!@#$%^&* dude. How many times did you call Sargun out OOCly? That's what I thought.

(oocly, i do rply insult nations but if they can't see the line between RP and OOC... that's not my fault), i do not lose control.

It's you who doesn't understand the line between OOC and IC. Maybe you should take a step back, and think long and hard before you post a response again.

I suggest a simple deal: Let me live with my nation and stop telling me what to do, you will not feel any difference, those who roleplayed with me, will keep roleplaying with me, those who never roleplayed with me, will keep doing so.

That's not the problem. Botha does the same exact thing, but he doesn't do it when convenient. He is respectful about it, and doesn't bring in his IG alliance to do his RP dirty work.

Now tell me where i have insulted someone, if this is true, then i would have received a warning already.

Calling out Sargun and acting very childish can be considered insulting to the community.

No warning means no insults.

So OJ was innocent? Man, I wonder who actually committed the murder.

I said someone does not see the line between OOC and IC. Because you are all trying to take me off the map for OOC reasons, nobody has IC reasons to invade me because in 6 months i never invaded a sovereign country. Remember the nordland war? Full of OOC hatred, like all non planned wars of CNRP. Sorry for you, i'm not gonna ragequit.

Yes, because #CNRP is out to get you. Get over yourself. We don't hate you OOCly. You refuse to recognize the community that you play with. You treat the community with no respect, expect the same in return.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=75893

OOC: IG = RP for him. He wants us to respect his RP rules, and here it is.
Even so you can't play another county's population by the rules of CNRP.

No one but Junio Borghese can say whether or not his population is in anarchy.

Edited by Generalissimo

You refuse to recognize the community that you play with. You treat the community with no respect, expect the same in return.

I always recognized the community, i just don't recognize RP wars against me.

Regardless of all the poll you make and all the decisions the community will take on me, i will not end like Arathog, i will not quit... i will not stop roleplaying, even if it means roleplaying alone. Why? Because i have nothing better to do, actually, and because i have spent 6 months in the roleplay of my nation.

The only authority i recognize, is the authority of the Moderation staff of the CN forum. When they will tell me "you are no longer welcome here", then i will leave. Find evidences of my OOC insults and send them to the moderators.

Edited by Junio Borghese

Junio Borghese plays many elements, like politics and domestic affairs, that are applicable to the Fantasy RP (IC) forum - CNRP or otherwise.

People in game related do politics and domestic affairs. Botha-mode actually is closer to what the Game Related sub-forum is all about. If a Botha-Mode community can grow there, that would be great. Just don't try and take over the existing community because you don't want to lose Power over people.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=75908

The poll on this issue.

Edited by Tahsir Re

In-game he is in Anarchy. That means that his current government is Anarchy. Unless he wants to drop out of Botha mode permanently and RP that way.

In-game he is in Anarchy.

That means that his current government is Anarchy. Unless he wants to drop out of Botha mode permanently and RP that way.

Anarchy takes many forms, who are you to define anarchy?

Besides, an invasion is a legitimate reason for a breakdown of order.

A government can exist and be unable to exert authority when the bombs are falling.

Edited by Generalissimo

Anarchy takes many forms, who are you to define anarchy?

Besides, an invasion is a legitimate reason for a breakdown of order.

A government can exist and be unable to exert authority when the bombs are falling.

As per the IG explanation of Anarchy, and thus his type of Anarchy:

Anarchy - A complete lack of government that usually results in a state of lawlessness and disorder.

No, because even if IG alliances are not recognized in the roleplay by the majority of players, i do recognize an existing "Nord" alliance backing Italy in case of war (Nordreich). I would have never roleplayed my extremist policies (RP) without the necessary (IG and RP) support.

Ah, the crux of the issue. You Rp a highly antagonistic state, but deny the ability for anyone to show you the consequences.

ODN has power? :P

The problem is that he's taking an OOC asset and using it to benefit him IC. seems like a form of metagaming.

Exactly.

Except since he's in Botha mode, he has to recognize the IG anarchy.

I always recognized the community, i just don't recognize RP wars against me.

Regardless of all the poll you make and all the decisions the community will take on me, i will not end like Arathog, i will not quit... i will not stop roleplaying, even if it means roleplaying alone. Why? Because i have nothing better to do, actually, and because i have spent 6 months in the roleplay of my nation.

The only authority i recognize, is the authority of the Moderation staff of the CN forum. When they will tell me "you are no longer welcome here", then i will leave. Find evidences of my OOC insults and send them to the moderators.

Did anyone say the insults were OOC? No. kthnxbai.

You RP a highly antagonixstic state. Such things would have consequences. But you refuse to recognize such.

Are you saying i didn't roleplay for 6 months? I have done more roleplay than many other players who are not in Botha-Mode. There is an OOC hatred behind all of this, that's why i'm not gonna leave.

They would love to make me ragequit and delete me from the map (something they can't do - because my nation has been recognized, and thus it still exists) but that's not my behavior, i do not insult (oocly, i do rply insult nations but if they can't see the line between RP and OOC... that's not my fault), i do not lose control.

I suggest a simple deal: Let me live with my nation and stop telling me what to do, you will not feel any difference, those who roleplayed with me, will keep roleplaying with me, those who never roleplayed with me, will keep doing so.

Now tell me where i have insulted someone, if this is true, then i would have received a warning already. No warning means no insults. I said someone does not see the line between OOC and IC. Because you are all trying to take me off the map for OOC reasons, nobody has IC reasons to invade me because in 6 months i never invaded a sovereign country. Remember the nordland war? Full of OOC hatred, like all non planned wars of CNRP. Sorry for you, i'm not gonna ragequit.

Believe me there is no rule that prevents you being wiped for losing.

In-game he is in Anarchy. That means that his current government is Anarchy. Unless he wants to drop out of Botha mode permanently and RP that way.

If his in-game government is in anarchy, then he should RP accordingly as being in anarchy. That's what I did when I got rolled IG during the Karma War and going back earlier the South African War of 2007.

Junio, stop accusing #cnrp.

You were, and still are as far as I know, a SOPs (Highest ops setting next to founder & only Sargun can give). You used to go there every day, then stopped for some reason. The worst thing that happened was you'd post italian disco music all over the chat.:v:

They are indeed in anarchy! But they want a totalitarian state (according to the description i can read in the nation's info page), and since Italy is a democracy (apparently nobody noticed the transitional stage in progress), according to my country's RP history, a return to a totaliratian state means a return to old fascist ways.

They are pro dictatorship rioters, not communist or pro democracy. I was in democracy already, and it wasn't the majority's will, that's why the changes were slow and well planned.. looks like this kind of roleplay is new to many of the people in here.

Junio, stop accusing #cnrp.

You were, and still are as far as I know, a SOPs (Highest ops setting next to founder & only Sargun can give). You used to go there every day, then stopped for some reason. The worst thing that happened was you'd post italian disco music all over the chat.:v:

I stopped because work is taking away more time than two months ago, i am almost 20 and soon i will be completely independent.. i found an EMT job in northern Italy and in January i will have to move. No time to get in the chat as i used to do some months ago and suddenly everyone turned against me - i still think #cnrp has something to do with it, prove i am wrong.

I stopped because work is taking away more time than two months ago, i am almost 20 and soon i will be completely independent.. i found an EMT job in northern Italy and in January i will have to move. No time to get in the chat as i used to do some months ago and suddenly everyone turned against me - i still think #cnrp has something to do with it, prove i am wrong.

I think it's highly egotistical to say 'everyone is against me.' It's BS.

The burden of proof is on you, as the accuser in that circumstance.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

There aren't any logs?

Insulting a country doesn't automatically mean the antagonistic country is going to get invaded.

Iran, North Korea, Belarus, Lybia - those countries are still there. I remember Berlusconi saying "I have dated the wife of the swedish prime minister to get advantages from the european union" - as far as i know there have been no swedish bombers in Italian skies.

It's this lack of realism plus the OOC chaos behind the cnrp community that led me to close myself into my national roleplay.