OBP OOC Thread

Stefano Palmieri

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and Junio Borghese is playing CNRP, whether or not he has solidarity with the CNRP community is ultimately irrelevant.

Then he needs to punished, badly. This should be treated like a football match. You ignore the rules and ignore the ref then you get banned from the game. We should do the same.

Then he needs to punished, badly. This should be treated like a football match. You ignore the rules and ignore the ref then you get banned from the game. We should do the same.
Violations of CNRP rules are incredibly common when it come to conduct in warfare.

If we were half as strict as you advocate most of the CNRP community would be banned from CNRP.

Edited by Generalissimo

Violations of CNRP rules are incredibly common when it come to conduct in warfare.

If we were half as strict as you advocate most of the CNRP community would be banned from CNRP.

However, he consistently does it. not just in conflict situations (which he ignores anyway, usually).

Ok I'll give me two cents after reviewing all this drama.

Junio is more than allowed to RP how he wants. If he wants to only RP in-game situations and have no contact with the rest of the community, why can't he join the forum created specifically for that?

If you are on the CNRP map, it's implied you are part of the CNRP community. We do have certain rules you must follow and you can't simply bend them to suit yourself. The so-called "Botha mode" is allowed because Botha (and Rhodesia) are excellent RPers who remain neutral and are willing to interact with other players when required to do so. I'm sorry Junio, but you can't really do what you're doing. If that's how you want to RP, so be it; do it in the game-related RP subforum and don't be surprised when the mapmaker purges your nation.

Ok I'll give me two cents after reviewing all this drama.

Junio is more than allowed to RP how he wants. If he wants to only RP in-game situations and have no contact with the rest of the community, why can't he join the forum created specifically for that?

If you are on the CNRP map, it's implied you are part of the CNRP community. We do have certain rules you must follow and you can't simply bend them to suit yourself. The so-called "Botha mode" is allowed because Botha (and Rhodesia) are excellent RPers who remain neutral and are willing to interact with other players when required to do so. I'm sorry Junio, but you can't really do what you're doing. If that's how you want to RP, so be it; do it in the game-related RP subforum and don't be surprised when the mapmaker purges your nation.

Indeed. The use of IG alliances for IC purposes is already breaking the IC/OOC line and a form of metagaming, not allowing anyone attacking you ICly without getting their IG nation steamrolled by your IG alliance.

Junio's nation should not be in the CNRP map if he chooses to pull strings that violate CNRP rules and threatens RPers' IG nations to prevent him from being attacked ICly. If he refuses to recognize CNRP rules (even Botha Mode requires recognizing some of the important rules, such as wars and not metagaming) and the entire community, then he can either form his own RP world or RP in the IG National section.

even Botha Mode requires recognizing some of the important rules, such as wars and not metagaming

The stickler with wars in Botha Mode is the nature of wars themselves. Mutual wars are accepted and acknowledged, however unilateral wars are not. Most of the problem with wars and Botha Mode arises from these unilateral war declarations.

Like I said, the rules of CNRP are rules, and you can't get around them just because you don't want to lose your land. If you get invaded in RP, you get invaded in RP. You can't just not recognize the war because you don't want to be invaded.

In fact, it's been proven in the rules and in practice that if you choose to not recognize a war, the CNRP mods won't care. It's as simple as that. If you don't want to follow the rules of CNRP, you can roleplay in your own universe, we won't mind. But you want to roleplay your own way AND be part of the so called politics of CNRP? That's robbing the mansion and bribing the cops (because I strongly dislike the cake euphemism).

What I forsee happening is some !@#$%^& coming in here claiming to be in Botha mode. Lets say he's in TOP, because they currently have the biggest alliance score. Now, he starts mouthing off in character about every nation, while he's in Europe. He's basically using his alliance as a shield to be a $%&@wit and annoy the hell out of other RPers. I'm not saying Junio is this, I'm just saying this is what could happen.