So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Athens determined a tech raid was legal on nations wearing any AA under 10 members, and it was updated weeks ago, I don't have an exact date.

I'm confused here, since you just tech raided an AA with 39 members... PsyduckEmot.gif

NSO wasnt innocent, RAD were joking and NSo knew that, and made a huge deal out of it. Looking back on it, we should have attacked NSO over it.

Looking back, I wish you had.

I am super impressed with the whole NSO angle, it reeks of total !@#$%^&*, but it is such an accurate comparison I feel compelled to bow out of the thread in disgrace... yeah right.

So far I have seen too many ''bring its'' in this discussion. We shall see who brings what I guess.

You don't remember correctly. NSO asked to be attacked and decided to jump down RAD's throat when I actually took Anthony up on the offer.

It's funny how history is already being rewritten...

Asked to be attacked insomuch as posting a link to his nation and saying "do something about it." Quite stupid. But not nearly as stupid as you actually doing it, and choosing to open hostilities between your two alliances.

Can you show to me via link or logs where NSO agreed on duels? Oh and you disagree? But still trying to defend Athens in a much worse situation? -_-

I don't have anything to prove to you since you were so vigorously railing on RAD. Facts won't change your mind.

I don't think this is a "much worse situation." Tech raiding is a much more common practice than attacking someone without a solid CB. The CB for a tech raid is profit.

I'm fairly sure RAD engaged in friendly duels with various members of alliances. The only mistake RAD made was trusting a member of NSO. We disagreed with the CB, but we decided it was best to just walk with our heads held high through the situation.

Penkala: I think you were supporting RAD before. I love how you flop so.

Flip flop on what? I still don't like what NSO did, and I've never hidden that. That doesn't mean I'm not going to point out the situation was different from this situation. Please show me where I flip-flopped. :huh:

You don't remember correctly. NSO asked to be attacked and decided to jump down RAD's throat when I actually took Anthony up on the offer.

It was in a thread on these forums. Take my word for it or go find it yourself.

Yup, you know that Ivan and his cronies are always up to that

Why would Athens tech raid TOP? Telling them to attack a larger, well connected alliance is retarded. Of course they're not going to put their alliance at risk. Why in the hell would they do that?

I don't get this entire thread. Everyone's getting all hypothetical and "OMG THEY WOULDN'T BE ALL TOUGH IF THEY'D HIT THE #1 ALLIANCE IN THE GAME!"

Of course not. They wouldn't do that, either. The whole point of a tech raid is to profit. Attacking someone bigger than them would severely limit the profit that could be had from warring.

Everyone says that tech raiders have thick skulls... I think this thread shows it's quite possibly the other way around, with raiders being the most logical players in the game.

Tech raids are only profitable if the enemy does not fights back.

Which athens intends to ensure by giving them a 7 day war if they do.

You are disgracing the name you carry, athens.

...You're right, we totally need to go invoke the Moldavi Doctrine in support of Athens now to remain completely true to our previous actions.

Give it a rest already, you bitter, unfunny jackass.

NSO wasnt innocent, RAD were joking and NSo knew that, and made a huge deal out of it. Looking back on it, we should have attacked NSO over it.

Joke or not they attacked NSO what make war justified, to joke happens both sides need to agree with. And why you do not attacked? OH sorry, PC just take part of curbstomps.

Also I can you see you among those who are doing this dumb raid, I'm not surprised that PC or ex-PCers taking part of that.

Tech raids are only profitable if the enemy does not fights back.

Which athens intends to ensure by giving them a 7 day war if they do.

You are disgracing the name you carry, athens.

Bingo. I agree with everything said here.

I am super impressed with the whole NSO angle, it reeks of total !@#$%^&*
Pretty much. They can't win a debate on the merits of their own cluster$%&@s, so instead they try to change the terms and attempt to drag NSO through the mud.

What an amusing admission of defeat.

Edited by Fallen_Fool

Joke or not they attacked NSO what make war justified, to joke happens both sides need to agree with. And why you do not attacked? OH sorry, PC just take part of curbstomps.

You should go read our rules, we need approval and none of them were on at the time. Also leeching raids is bad.

Asked to be attacked = Agreeing on duels?

:huh:

I don't have anything to prove to you since you were so vigorously railing on RAD. Facts won't change your mind.

I don't think this is a "much worse situation." Tech raiding is a much more common practice than attacking someone without a solid CB. The CB for a tech raid is profit.

I'm sure that raid 40 men alliances are a common practice :rolleyes:

You should go read our rules, we need approval and none of them were on at the time. Also leeching raids is bad.

So what does you dragging your feet on sticking your nose where it didn't belong have anything to do with Athens right now?

Quit trying to play the same, tired old harp with your irreverence. This isn't about us, no matter how bad you want it to be.

Flip flop on what? I still don't like what NSO did, and I've never hidden that. That doesn't mean I'm not going to point out the situation was different from this situation. Please show me where I flip-flopped. :huh:

It used to be "RAD are 100% innocent." Which not even RAD agreed with.

But I'm not going to continue this derail, even if it was my fault. You can take my word for what it is or leave it there.

I'm sure that raid 40 men alliances are a common practice :rolleyes:

You really should reread the definition of "tech raid." There is no set limit on the size of the alliance, so long as their is a profit to be gained.

Edited by Unavailable Contact

It used to be "RAD are 100% innocent." Which not even RAD agreed with.

But I'm not going to continue this derail, even if it was my fault. You can take my word for what it is or leave it there.

Which is you trying to use a smokescreen called "irrelevant bitterness" to try and distract from a legitimate topic at hand. That you can't even back up your false assertions makes your efforts even more frustratingly asinine to have had to put up with.

Do you get bored sometimes?

I do indeed, but this isn't going to change anything. You picked an alliance specifically for its zero connections to any alliance, so it is highly unlikely anything will result from this except for this thread.

It's all about profit. That's why a lot of people build nations, you know.

So why did they decide to raid an established alliance. Wouldn't if have been easier if they all just raided separate nations? That way it would be extremely hard for a cohesive defense to be established, minimizing their damages and maximizing profits.

where did athens state that?

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1967088

1) All raids consist of 2 ground attacks followed by a peace offer. It is acceptable to do 2 more ground attacks after update and reoffer peace if your offer has not been accepted.

2) Unless you are attacked by your raid with CMs, Aircraft, Destructive Spy Ops, or Navy, ground attacks and nondestructive spy ops are the only forms of attack you are permitted. If your target uses any one of these on you, you are permitted to respond with all weapons and forms of attack except for nukes.

3) You are not permitted to nuke your target unless your target nukes you first.

4) Be respectful. No threatening messages. No intimidation. You are not there to crush your raid, you are just there to have a little fun and sharpen your war skills. Treat your raid with respect.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Any nation on alliance affiliation: ' none ' may be raided at any time without approval.

2) To raid any nation on any alliance affiliation, you must secure approval from the Strategos (Kazeki) or the Archon eponymos (Londo, Max).

Usually alliances stop the raid when the target isnt inactive.

This is condoned bullying.