GUN presents: FIGHT CLUB!

zenergy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be interesting to see who signs up for this. Like Fallin, I don't think it's clever to blow up extremely expensive infra for the entertainment of others – even without nukes, and with a far smaller nation than many, you're still talking tens of millions of dollars in damages.

The only way to make it worthwhile is to do a [ooc] UFC [/ooc] style promotion, maybe have a few highly visible people, preferably that don't like each other, go at it. There may be enough bets taking place that the winner may come out ahead in the conflict, money wise.

But, that would take a lot of hype, and I doubt anyone could pull something like that off. If it's just for bragging rights, so be it, but there are enough blowhards on PB that another really isn't needed.

Edited by astronaut jones

You’re missing the best part of this. I’m up for a fight, but I prefer the cowardly, self-preservation option of betting on the fights. Unfortunately, I have a habit of picking the underdogs which would explain why I’ve lost several hundred in tech bets.

Fight club has been, largely speaking, one on one fights and they’re easy enough to guess who can win. We’ve come close to having a couple of knockouts by the smaller guy, but by and large, it’s been clear cut. However, the 2 vs 2 or a 3 vs 3 matches are where the fun is. So many factors to consider.

Edited by Airgialla

There may be enough bets taking place that the winner may come out ahead in the conflict, money wise.

Except in order to come out ahead, even a small nation would have to fill its aid slots for a month :P

Hmm thats funny, I'd expect someone from TOP to say this, but I guess Gremlins is close enough to TOP.

Someone slip you a 'bait Citadel' card with your breakfast? I expect your quips about MHA and IRON being infra whores forthwith.

Think the other reason for this was the 'it's boring in peace' posts coming out lately. The idea here is at least to do something about it, although without the foreign relations repercussions of outright declaring war on someone.

As far as the grudge matches, that might be difficult if only because of declaration ranges. Not quite sure how you'd manage to regulate those, especially when some of the more well-known figures aren't the biggest NS banks. Then again, at least we'd know whose nations were heavyweights, cruiserweights, middleweights, et cetera.

Fight Club amounts to two nations agreeing to meet on foreign soil and do battle. There is no threat to the homeland. There is no danger of the conflict expanding.

Not everyone signs up for TE and wants to invest that much more time to the this multiverse. Some just want a quick war for some excitement and then be done with it and not worry about it. Fight Club is is ideal for this, keeps things fair and impartial, ensures that nobody's going to be completely destroyed, keeps the peace by limiting the war to the only volunteers and supplies an outlet for nations to settle disputes. Bettor's Lounge adds even more.

There are a few things missing so I'll bump.

#1 you pick a time frame. 3 days is cool. (How much can you lose for 3 days 1 vs 1?)

#2 you pick rules (nukes, navy, spies, 1vs1)

I very much enjoyed trying different tactics (it all failed and got my butt kicked) but it took me only 30 days to get back to where I was. It also showed me how really unprepared I was for an opponent my size.

How will you be scoring this??

And as someone said before, I think it was Londo, is there any GUN nations to Kick the crap out of Fight?

Yeah, a bunch of us are signed up. If there's anybody out there in the 27k range that wants to step up, I'm game. You got anybody, NATO? :P

Hmm... ACDC and Fark I believe did something similar, Bum Fights, noobs battle for a week and the "sponsors" (the ones who gave the noobs money to fight with) got 50 tech out of the deal. I was the first bum fight champion. :D

Anyway, I wouldn't except a lot of raiders to be doing this, its not profitable, however you are bound to get some people for it.

I'm not sure what place you tried to go, but the registration thread is working fine:

http://globalunitednations.net/forums/inde...?showtopic=9839

If you have any problems, please send me a PM and we'll get you sorted out asap.

EDIT:

I suck at registering accounts

Edited by SpiderJerusalem

Alright everybody, we've got some fights scheduled to begin very soon. Get over to www.globalunitednations.net asap and get your mask so you don't miss out on the action.

Remember, GUN will give $3m to each combatant, and an extra 50t to the winner, so this is an incredible deal for smaller nations. Get paid to learn how to fight - how cool is that?

BUT WE HAVE TE FOR THIS!

This is nice to see GUN, actually attempting to do something different.

I for one cannot be bothered with TE and if I fancy a fight anytime soon, I may just sign up for this little gentlemens club you've got here.

Same here, which is why I'm so pumped about FC. TE is cool for a lot of folks, but it doesn't do much for me, especially with no Aid.

Anybody around 27k NS got what it takes to step up for a round?

Guys:

Standard - More developed nations

TE - Less developed nations

There is a difference between 2k nations brawling and 80k nations going at it.

Now come on and get your fun and 3mil while the offer lasts!

Hell, I'll up the ante and include a tech conversion option for you bigger guys. Who wants some tech?

Why are there victims falling in line above me and below me, but no victims I can hit?

Bunch of pansies. Hey...I have a thought. A new CN organization known as the Panzy Division. Anyone within OrB's range that doesn't face him is a member of the Panzy Division! Face me and lose....you're just a Loser (not atypical). Face me and win...well...that's not likely to happen, so we don't really need a name, do we?

Or do you want to be the first to name those that can (hypothetically) match me? Think you got what it takes? Come on. Gimmie what you got, Panzy!

Why are there victims falling in line above me and below me, but no victims I can hit?

Bunch of pansies. Hey...I have a thought. A new CN organization known as the Panzy Division. Anyone within OrB's range that doesn't face him is a member of the Panzy Division! Face me and lose....you're just a Loser (not atypical). Face me and win...well...that's not likely to happen, so we don't really need a name, do we?

Or do you want to be the first to name those that can (hypothetically) match me? Think you got what it takes? Come on. Gimmie what you got, Panzy!

Lol, don't be scared off by all the tough talk guys. I hear OrB's last air raid had 45 bombers....

We're starting a round on Thursday with yours truly taking on Joe of Arc for a 3 day bloodbath. Log on to www.globalunitednations.net to check out the carnage!

Stop using my name, you are out of my damn range. :lol1: