The Mint Chocolate Accords

Laserwolf

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still laugh whenever I read Optional Defence Pact. Optional Agression clauses I can understand, but what is the point of having a pact if it is optional? You either trust your ally or you don't. Trust isn't optional. We all know this means if one ally gets into a war and is going to get destroyed, the other ally can cut and run. The Optional Deence Pact is an absurd and cowardly concept.

I don't mean to be offensive to GATO or the VE, if anything I want to congratulate them for this long-time-coming union, but it is the very concept of the treaty being signed that is ridiculous.

Edited by Ch33kY

I still laugh whenever I read Optional Defence Pact. Optional Agression clauses I can understand, but what is the point of having a pact if it is optional? You either trust your ally or you don't. Trust isn't optional. We all know this means if one ally gets into a war and is going to get destroyed, the other ally can cut and run. The Optional Deence Pact is an absurd and cowardly concept.

I don't mean to offensive to GATO or the VE, if anything I want to congratulate them for this long-time-coming union, but it is the very concept of the treaty being signed that is ridiculous.

I agree in a way actually. However, understand this ODP, or any ODP really, is meant to be a stepping stone, more of a formalization of sentiment and indication of the desire for a future upgrade then anything else.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

I don't mean to offensive to GATO or the VE, if anything I want to congratulate them for this long-time-coming union, but it is the very concept of the treaty being signed that is ridiculous.

An ODP tells the world who you would defend, and MDP tells them who you will defend. Besides, no one signs an ODP if they don't think that eventually the relationship could merit a defensive treaty.

Edited by Mathias

An ODP tells the world who you would defend, and MDP tells them who you will defend. Besides, no one signs an ODP if they don't think that eventually the relationship could merit a defensive treaty.

Thanks for explaining that. I had some questions about it myself :)