Submarine Numbers

king of cochin

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITDA, as regards your new proposal, in the infra/tech requirements, is that an OR condition or an AND condition? :D

I would say "and", but it doesn't really matter. Like I said in my first post suggesting it, I'm just tossing the idea around because I think it could have merit, or at least be used to make something that we can agree on.

(Also, I'd say that the two may not be necessary together, because it all seems pretty likely that a nation that meats the infra parameter will meat the tech parameter, and vice versa or at least be darn close to it)

Edited by Il Terra Di Agea

I see reason in ITDA's proposal.
Yah, I can see a change to Infrastructure based brackets. Something like this:

0-4,000: No multiplier

4,001-5,000: x2

5,001-6,000: x3

6,001-7,500: x4

7,501-Infinity: x5

And maybe even toss in a tech requirement for new brackets too, something like this:

0-4,000 Infra, 0-500 tech: No multiplier

4,001-5,000 Infra, 501-1,000 tech: x2

5,001-6,000 Infra, 1,001-2,000 tech: x3

6,001-7,500 Infra, 2,001-3,500: x4

7,501-Infinity Infra, 3,501-Infinity: x5

That would probably be a bit more fair than total NS.

As for Voodoo's concern, I've got nothing, it's the same issue that would dog any multiplier put in place, and it's a good point. I guess it would have to be up to everyone else to decide if the trade off is worthwhile

ITDA, as regards your new proposal, in the infra/tech requirements, is that an OR condition or an AND condition? :D
I would say "and", but it doesn't really matter. Like I said in my first post suggesting it, I'm just tossing the idea around because I think it could have merit, or at least be used to make something that we can agree on.

(Also, I'd say that the two may not be necessary together, because it all seems pretty likely that a nation that meats the infra parameter will meat the tech parameter, and vice versa or at least be darn close to it)

Actually, i'm in two different brackets--a higher bracket for infra, actually. But in any case I like you proposal...it makes sense.

If you made it AND, I'd be in the x3 bracket.

What about tech sellers? It wouldn't really be that fair to them.

Useless rant I typed for reasons unknown. Rant: although people need to learn that they're only stats and shouldn't affect their RP's by much.

Well, most people aren't selling tech after they pass 4000 infra, and if you were selling tech, and you never have more than 50, you already couldn't sustain a navy, so it seems like a non-issue.

CNRP is allegedly based on CyberNations, as such ratios of military strength should always be at a 1:1 ratio

Players with high nation strength already have enough of an advantage without giving them additional 'free' ships.

So a player with 16,000 infra with 10,000 tech should have the same amount of ships as a nation with 6,000 infra and 1,000 tech since ships are capped IG? Besides, it's harder to evenly calculate what is the strength of each ship that is being used and use the strength data to calculate how much ships that player should have if he/she is going to use those. How do you calculate how much strength a USS Iowa has compared to HMS Illustrious without being called out for bias?

Edited by HHAYD

when was the last time CNRP had ship combat that one side didn't go "LOL I SINK UR SHIPS BEFORE THEY CANZ SINKZ MINEZ CUZ I R GOT MIZZILEZ, AND I CAN DO THAT CUZ I READ UR AREPEE AND KNEW YOU WERE GOINGZ TO MIZZILEZ ME INSTEADZ"
Otto Verteidiger and I played a mutually agreed naval role-play and it was the most fun I ever had in this forum, it’s a darn pity we won't have an opportunity for a repeat performance in the next two years.

Isn't there a cap for how much ships you can have IG?

A cap based on your infra. The more infrasturcture (and naval improvements) you have, the more ships you can support. For example...

A person with 10,000 infra should be able to support 2 aircraft carriers with just the minimal improvements necessary, as the infra requirement for one is 5000.

Otto Verteidiger and I played a mutually agreed naval role-play and it was the most fun I ever had in this forum, it's a darn pity we won't have an opportunity for a repeat performance in the next two years.

If you want to blame anyone, blame Admin for bringing navies into the game... :P

JK, but I did want to make the point that your battles were not based on anything having to do with stats, as they happened long before navies were introduced to the game.

Just to point this out the purpose of the modifiers isn't to give everyone a navy on par with the US. The United States is in no way the standard for military size, defense spending, and naval size; its a military hegemon. What we have now I think is fine, if you want to increase it a little bit ok, but I don't think anyone should have a navy the size of the US's.

Edited by iamthey

Just to point this out the purpose of the modifiers isn't to give everyone a navy on par with the US. The United States is in no way the standard for military size, defense spending, and naval size; its a military hegemon. What we have now I think is fine, if you want to increase it a little bit ok, but I don't think anyone should have a navy the size of the US's.

Trust me, even with these multipliers, no one is getting a navy that size...

With multipliers, we can easily reach 280 naval vessels.
Currently, I can have a maximum of 68 ships.

340 after *5 multiplier. That's 60 ships bigger than the US Navy. Note that this is only battle-worthy ships.

China has: 58 submarines; 77 principal surface combatants; 84 amphibious warfare ships

Of course, those numbers don't take into account that landing ships aren't used in naval battles...