btw, the floating point rounding error struck again:

(-84.00000001, -150) gave 99%
(-84.00000002, -150) gave 100%

• Replies 997
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=5][b]Mars Hotspot Location (December 2012):[/b][/size]

[size=5][b](-84.00000002, -150) URL Segment: lon=-150&lat=-84.00000002[/b][/size]

Thanks to everyone who posted their points! :awesome:

[img]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D1g-a3EStPs/ULrR-GQ21wI/AAAAAAAAAhA/FghjBcGgvFQ/s0/Mars2012-12_00.png[/img]

[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Ou1XQa6bW5c/ULrTguCJ16I/AAAAAAAAAho/9uFEKNL63Hw/s0/Mars2012-12_01.png[/img]

Edited by Chintan

I just realized that the difference between having your colony at 100% vs. 99% is the same as the difference caused by the GRL changing by slightly more than 0.02. Or alternatively, the difference caused by waiting 4 days and having the happiness of all 3 mars wonders increase as a result.

And the difference is even smaller for the other two wonders. Quite tiny relative to everything else that happens. :o

Edited by Chintan

• 4 weeks later...

[size="5"][b]Mars Hotspot Location (January 2013):[/b][/size]

[size="5"][b](50, 136) URL Segment: lon=136&lat=50[/b][/size]

Happy new year everyone! :)

[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-eTM8VsvPJ6k/UOKSQbeIxAI/AAAAAAAAAjg/cKFFTJbehBs/s0/Mars2013-01_00.png[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Odd question, thought this was the best place for it as it deals with the Mars Wonders.

If my Mars Base expires, will my Mars Colony and Mars Mine also expire (as you need the base to have the colony or mine)?  I don't want to pay for another Mars Mine if it's just going to expire a hundred days after I get it.  And would that technically allow me to have both Moon and Mars wonders if I switch over when the Mar Base expires?  It's never been completely clear to me about how the wonders expire.

Odd question, thought this was the best place for it as it deals with the Mars Wonders.

If my Mars Base expires, will my Mars Colony and Mars Mine also expire (as you need the base to have the colony or mine)?  I don't want to pay for another Mars Mine if it's just going to expire a hundred days after I get it.  And would that technically allow me to have both Moon and Mars wonders if I switch over when the Mar Base expires?  It's never been completely clear to me about how the wonders expire.

If your Mars Base expires, your Mars Colony and Mars Mine won't expire.

That won't let you get Moon wonders.  You won't be allowed to buy the Moon Base if you have ANY mars wonders, and that includes the Mars Colony and Mars Mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Chintain, I don't think I've thanked you for this before (forgot my forums password for awhile), just logged in to say how useful this has been for me. Without this I'd probably just have my Mars wonders at around 50% all the time. >_>

• 5 weeks later...