Mars Hotspot

Sande

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I know that there's discussion of the triangulation and correction earlier in here and the Moon thread. Are there any bits of code linked anywhere that let you just put in the test points and find the hotspot?

Also I think I read somewhere that mars hotspot is always the same amount displaced from the moon one. How much is it exactly?

Try this:

lat=70.99999999&lon=-178

Are there any bits of code linked anywhere that let you just put in the test points and find the hotspot?

I actually just recently made this google doc that does just that: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eq3sCqMdlEnDPQ2EyF7Wc3Lp0kKrsZu7S4Uele91x0o/edit?usp=sharing

Try it out. You'll have to save a copy to use it (you can just save it to your own Google Drive).

Try this: This month the moon hotspot is -68, 72. So enter -68 72 100% as one of the moon test points, and give it a few seconds to calculate. It should narrow down the number of possibilities to 3, and one of them has nearly 99% probability of being the correct one. The mars location for that possibility is 70.99999999, -178, so that's a good point to test on mars. :)

Edited by Chintan

Try this:

lat=70.99999999&lon=-178

I actually just recently made this google doc that does just that: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eq3sCqMdlEnDPQ2EyF7Wc3Lp0kKrsZu7S4Uele91x0o/edit?usp=sharing
Try it out. You'll have to save a copy to use it (you can just save it to your own Google Drive).
Try this: This month the moon hotspot is -68, 72. So enter -68 72 100% as one of the moon test points, and give it a few seconds to calculate. It should narrow down the number of possibilities to 3, and one of them has nearly 99% probability of being the correct one. The mars location for that possibility is 70.99999999, -178, so that's a good point to test on mars. :)

Confirmed, 100% effectivness. Thanks Chin, and thanks for the link. I can't run it on my tablet but I'll give it a go on my desktop later on. :)

Mars Hotspot Location (October 2014):

(70.99999999, -178) URL Segment: lat=70.99999999&lon=-178

qLyOEbA.png

Pretty cool tool, Chintan. You should add a few cells at the top that have the most probable location so you don't have to scroll through all that shit to find it. Edited by Ghuxalia

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh yeah, try this instead:

(70.99999999, -178) URL Segment: lat=70.99999999&lon=-178

Same as where it was in October of this year.

That's it... 100%

Thanks as always, Chintan! ^_^

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...