Question...

Imperiatus

How do i communicate with my alliance members because its so different on this game i guess, unlike other games where there is a chatbox for people to well, chat. On CN, is this the only way of communication e.g. private letters, forums? Sorry, new to this game :o

gee..either people dont read their mails anymore or they are just plain ignoring me =/, sent over 20 mails for trade and not 1 replied

As a member of Legion you could either go to your own Alliance's Forums and request specific trades, or you can go to the Purple Unity Boards and register and post for trades in the Trades forum.

You would want to do trades In Color both because it is good for the color, but also it is good for you. All trades in Color get an extra +1 Happiness which translates into more cash for you since each point of Happiness gives you +$2.00 base and this can be increased with the right Improvements such as Banks. You get Improvement slots by adding population. You get population by increasing your Infrastructure. Which, of course, costs money. In your case Marks, although fortunately there is no Currency Exchange on Planet Bob so everyone's money has the same value relative to each others. Everything costs money on Planet Bob, however, so the goal is to minimize your costs while maximizing your income. This is where resources come in since they are among your best tools for doing both.

In point of fact though, you should also be looking at certain resources. It is true that a filled resource trade slot is better than an empty one, but there are better ones to choose from depending on your initial resources. You have Aluminum/Pigs which is not a bad combination. You should be able to get Bonus Resources with your initial resource set of Fast Food and Beer. Beer is good because you are in the Legion and everyone knows the Legion's lifeblood is beer. Construction is also possible, but it's a personal choice as to whether you want to get Marble and Iron or use those slots for other resources such as Fish or Uranium. Those are personal choices really.

As to why people might not be responding, not everyone checks their mail everyday. Some people, especially in peacetime, let things slide a bit. Nation rulers are pretty busy people after all. Lots of petitions to read, laws to write, and harems to sample. Also, simply sending out requests for trades is not helpful if the nations you are sending requests to already have one or both of your resources. Because they do not stack. Also, your resources might not give them the right Bonus Resources that they are looking for.

When doing trade requests I find it useful to look for nations that will really benefit from my resources. I look for nations that would get Fast Food if they just get my Pigs. I also send them an additional message outlining the trade and explaining the benefits in case they are not aware. In your case, you would point out (assuming it is an In Color trade) that they would get +1 Happiness as well, and the increased Population/Military benefits of Aluminum/Pigs, and hopefully it will be just what they need to also get Fast Food/Beer for +4 Happiness. I find such things often help in finding trades.

The key, ultimately, to a good trade is that all sides find equal benefit with having each other as trading partners. So it is key to spend a little time looking around to find other nations for whom your particular resources will benefit the most from.

Normally you find a like-minded alliance see, and then you move into a house with them. In the house, you put the government on the top floor, the active people in the basement and the slackers in the middle. Then you have a bat pole installed. That way, when the government go sliding down the bat pole, they can scream at the slackers in the middle and say:

HEY YOU SLACKERS! WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT FOR???

Normally, you'd think this would be about the end of the post, but just like CYBERNATIONS, this one is unique! So whenever someone slides down the pole and asks that question, it's customary for one of the slackers to retort with:

MY NAME IS RICARDO

I AM A RETARD-O

I LIVE ON THE MIDDLE FLOOR

I SLEEP ON A COUCH

AND STUFF MY FAT MOUTH

and then at precisely this time, you hear a *WOOOOOSSSHHHHH!* and another gov member goes sliding down the pole and they ask the same question.

So, as you can probably see by now, we are already in the midst of an infinite loop that is growing in intensity. The process goes faster and faster until gravity and friction start a massive spontaneous combustion and the house burns down and everyone needs to reroll.

tl;dr? IRC