An Announcement from the Emperor of the Roman Empire

Folger Soldier

You should at least have called a vote man! If you seize authority to do this than you are a traitor to the Empire. You must be ruled by the will of Rome, SENATUS POPULUSQUE ROMANUS!

Folger's OP states this decision was approved by the following individuals:

Folger, Emperor

TiredT, Praetor of War

Rand, Legatus

Carpatus, Praetor of Internal Affairs

Kulomascovia, Praetor of Foreign Affairs

Since I've not seen any of them state otherwise and several post supportingly, that looks like a pretty good vote.

We at TPF like RE in general, despite recent affairs. For me, I know so many of their members. Kulo was a trade partner last session, Carp and I have talked many times, and I've been a members of Folger's #drinking channel on coldfront almost since it's start. Andrewbird, ADude, KaiserMilch, Tallah, so many of the RE members are good people. I think the worst case scenerio for RE is fracturing and becoming two or more separate entities. This almost seems likely at this time, but I shall hold out hope it won't. Good luck guys, let me know if I can help out.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folger's OP states this decision was approved by the following individuals:

Folger, Emperor

TiredT, Praetor of War

Rand, Legatus

Carpatus, Praetor of Internal Affairs

Kulomascovia, Praetor of Foreign Affairs

Since I've not seen any of them state otherwise and several post supportingly, that looks like a pretty good vote.

We at TPF like RE in general, despite recent affairs. For me, I know so many of their members. Kulo was a trade partner last session, Carp and I have talked many times, and I've been a members of Folger's #drinking channel on coldfront almost since it's start. Andrewbird, ADude, KaiserMilch, Tallah, so many of the RE members are good people. I think the worst case scenerio for RE is fracturing and becoming two or more separate entities. This almost seems likely at this time, but I shall hold out hope it won't. Good luck guys, let me know if I can help out.

True, though I still think the alliance as a whole should have decided. I am sad that all these traitorous acts are going on. I am almost ashamed to be a part of the Empire if it weren't for the epic glory we get for following Rome's history like this.

You should at least have called a vote man! If you seize authority to do this than you are a traitor to the Empire. You must be ruled by the will of Rome, SENATUS POPULUSQUE ROMANUS!

DE OPPRESSO LIBER!

NEX UT PRODITOR!

ULTIONIS OBVIAM OCCISOR!

BELLUM PRO IUGUOLO!

VENIA NUNQUAM, PACIS NUNQUAM!

ATTERO BARBARUS!

NEX UT TIBERIUS QUOD SUUS SECUUTUS!

REPROBA REX RGIS MOS INTEREO!

RUINA PRO TOTUS QUISNAM INSISTO MALUM LEDO!

NEX PRO PACIS!

BELLUM SAECULA SAECULORUM IN HOSTILIS DE PHOENIX FOEDERO QUOD VERUS IMPERATOR, FOLGER!

Edited by Gabryal

DE OPPRESSO LIBER!

NEX UT PRODITOR!

ULTIONIS OBVIAM OCCISOR!

BELLUM PRO IUGUOLO!

VENIA NUNQUAM, PACIS NUNQUAM!

ATTERO BARBARUS!

NEX UT TIBERIUS QUOD SUUS SECUUTUS!

REPROBA REX RGIS MOS INTEREO!

RUINA PRO TOTUS QUISNAM INSISTO MALUM LEDO!

NEX PRO PACIS!

BELLUM SAECULA SAECULORUM IN HOSTILIS DE PHOENIX FOEDERO QUOD VERUS IMPERATOR, FOLGER!

I too wish for peace, I do not wish for war against either the MHA or TPF

So, what I see is. Tibs does a move to take TE back to the golden age and people are bawwing and crying foul?

Guess you didn't realize just how much a like you are, you guys are practically best friends :P

BG.

Many a time the hardest thing to do is to support those that have done right.

Its also honorable to have respect for one who does a tragedy and realizes it, wanting to atone for said thing.

(Just some quotes)

Edit: also latin has no puncutaion, lower case, or spaces for anyone wondering it looks like this:

NOVVS*ORDO*SECLORVM

;)

Edited by tallah

Guess you didn't realize just how much a like you are, you guys are practically best friends :P

BG.

Tibs, has always been a good friend of mine BG. Same with you and Thia, if you guys acknowledge this friendship or not you three all taught me something. BG, you know how I like the game to be played and you may be one of the better ones to understand why. I don't see the harm when the round restarts in like 2 weeks?

So, what I see is. Tibs does a move to take TE back to the golden age and people are bawwing and crying foul?

That's what it seems like. So instead of a cool evil war, we have 3 and most likely more alliances attacking 1. Hopefully RE can gain some allies to even the sides.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

That's what it seems like. So instead of a cool evil war, we have 3 and most likely more alliances attacking 1. Hopefully RE can gain some allies to even the sides.

Hopefully, I disapprove of Folger deposing Tiberius and completely agree with BEazy on this one.

Hopefully, I disapprove of Folger deposing Tiberius and completely agree with BEazy on this one.

Perhaps if you re-read this entire thread you will realize that numerous details within Tib's planned would've failed... and what do you mean by "hopefully" disapproving me? Grow some courage and stick up for what you're thinking, or sit down.

YOU BRUTUS! YOU JUDAS ISCARIOT! OH YOU TRAITOROUS WRETCH! YOU HAVE SEIZED POWER FOR YOURSELF! As you are Brutus so I am an Octavius, let the hell hounds rage and the dogs of war be loosed and all CRY HAVOC! Folger, you may have deposed what you think a Caesar, but you yourself have become like him in turn. As Caesar wanted power so Brutus did also. I denounce you as a traitor. I have read what Tiberius said and I do not believe you have the authority for this. I for one believe this game is all about power, power in Rome. Who shall seize that power? We shall see. You have fractured the Empire into two sides, but more will follow. Some will denounce you both as traitors and create their own factions of the Empire. IF ONLY YOU HAD CALLED A VOTE, A VOTE! ALAS! all is ruin and war. And we few true Romans must pick up the pieces. Tiberius may have been a deceiver. But you are the traitor, tell me which is worse. Curse you to Hades Brutus! May Caesar's ghost haunt you.

Good luck to the ones who follow Tibs. They will be crushed, its been said many times. :lol1:

Let no one misunderstand. . . . . The Empire will Live ON! Hail Rome. . and your all just jealous for the Glory of the Empire! B)

Seriously, I hope that our enemies don't misunderstand the situation. Irregardless of these developments, the nations of the Roman Empire, still have unity of purpose and a determination to end this round atop the heap. We still work as a group and if you mess with one - you mess with all. Don't get too arrogant and misjudge things. We are still very strong.

To our friends. . .thanks for your support! We won't forget!

Edited by ColonelTom

Many a time the hardest thing to do is to support those that have done right.

Its also honorable to have respect for one who does a tragedy and realizes it, wanting to atone for said thing.

(Just some quotes)

Edit: also latin has no puncutaion, lower case, or spaces for anyone wondering it looks like this:

NOVVS*ORDO*SECLORVM

;)

Truth, however since most people can't read Latin when it's proper form, I use Roman Catholic Latin ( the type I was taught ) when I write it, you are quite correct in your words however, and the "!" were for emphasis, Latin doesn't use them. Good show

Tibs, has always been a good friend of mine BG. Same with you and Thia, if you guys acknowledge this friendship or not you three all taught me something. BG, you know how I like the game to be played and you may be one of the better ones to understand why. I don't see the harm when the round restarts in like 2 weeks?

I've always believed you were clever Beazy, still believe it, the one point of contention I think you and I have always had is that, and correct me please if I'm wrong, TE is to be played one way and one way only, to do any other way is counter productive to the oft quoted "Soul, Heart, and Reason" of TE.

I disagree in that it's a game with many ways to play it, and let people choose their own way. As for me I personally like the idea of a hated rival who I'll spend the rest of my time on TE disrupting, destroying, annoying, crushing, and mocking. It's fun for me, others have their own tastes.

Interestingly there was a time where I would have done the same as many here and said "This is the way the game is to be played" as I've gone along I've realized that, you know what, play it how you like to play it.

For the record I'm not crying foul, I'm responding to betrayal. Anyone can, at anytime, betray my trust and stab me in the back. If they do though they risk the possibility that I will keep a long memory of such an event and strive to destroy them for all time. It's a risk everyone runs every time they attack someone, I personally think that some of it is silly, for instance. If someone were to hold a grudge because they were nuked in a war. Let it go, everyone get's nuked at the end of the round. However I won't say they shouldn't or can't do it, I'll just think they are stupid for it. I like to think that even though we look at things differently, you don't think I'm stupid.

PS: Every time I see your text color, to this day, it puts a smile on my face.

Also for the record, RE with Folger at it's head, and the many friends that I have with it, Alliance or no Alliance, I will always feel friendly towards.

Edited by Gabryal

This is why treaties are terrible ideas in TE. Nothing ever is as it seems.

A man is no better than his word. If you give your word, then you keep it. If you can't trust someone THEN a treaty is a bad idea, but morals don't automaticlly fly away in TE. You must choose that path.

For those that would say that Tiberius12 is a great leader with a great plan that almost worked, think that through. Twice this round RE has tried to manipulate Frostbite, and twice that has failed. Tiberius12 is now on the outside looking longingly inward and RE is in a precarious position. Looks like abject failure to me. This isn't horseshoes, so almost doesn't count by far.

RE, sometimes you simply can't fix some things. It is time for Frostbite to take a definitive stand and defend herself.

A man is no better than his word. If you give your word, then you keep it. If you can't trust someone THEN a treaty is a bad idea, but morals don't automaticlly fly away in TE. You must choose that path.

For those that would say that Tiberius12 is a great leader with a great plan that almost worked, think that through. Twice this round RE has tried to manipulate Frostbite, and twice that has failed. Tiberius12 is now on the outside looking longingly inward and RE is in a precarious position. Looks like abject failure to me. This isn't horseshoes, so almost doesn't count by far.

RE, sometimes you simply can't fix some things. It is time for Frostbite to take a definitive stand and defend herself.

I will say that my brief war with Frostbite has taught me a lot, I've come to know some of you, and I understand you better. I will admit at first I felt resentment towards a large unknown "intrustion" into TE. Now I see it as a blessing, something fresh and new. Frostbite is now, imho, a good addition to TE and one that will become a part of the larger experience of the game.

o7 FB for a short war that was cut short by our common goal of not wishing to be the puppets of a foreign tyrant.

We may have been forced twice this round into a war of 2 or 3 alliances on us, but our spirit shall not fail. Yes we have made mistakes, we all do, but just like Minas Tirith, I am willing to bet many of us will fight, regardless of the odds and regardless of who does/doesnt come to help. These wars truely unite the people that make the stand for what they believe and thier AA, its that spirit of comradery and honor that is gained fighting together that makes each alliance have a unique approach and feeling on TE. Murder Inc., RE, Frost, MHA and TPF have different approaches to the same game which makes this the war happy place it should be. Manipulation and betrayal to my reasoning ability is wrong, and like Kat said, (In reinterpretation please correct me if i am wrong) the way others view you is through the morals and actions you take during the round. When each round ends, the morals and honor reset as well, it has to be measured all over again.

(tl;dr read that thing! It was a pain to type lol :P)

As for the Latin, yep Gabs I agree that is not easy to read classic latin, RCL is so much easier :D

I think what's funniest in this situation is Tiberius thought he was fooling everyone and was some sort of mastermind that no one was able to handle.

History will show otherwise :)

You sir are very very wise. :wub:

Takes off Beazy's sun glasses, B) removes "both" patches from his eyes...THERE can you see better now? :lol1:

Perhaps if you re-read this entire thread you will realize that numerous details within Tib's planned would've failed... and what do you mean by "hopefully" disapproving me? Grow some courage and stick up for what you're thinking, or sit down.

I LOL'd, too funny DM.

Very good words of wisdom....For any occasion. :D

I've been betrayed by those whom I trusted most. I know most of you will never understand what I did, or why I did it. That's because you have no vision. You have no creativity, no ideas for a better Tournament Edition. I won't try and defend my actions, because nothing I say will convince any of you that what I did was right. But I will say this: I have always acted in the very best interests of the Roman Empire. Everything I do, I do to ensure that my alliance and my members are safe. This betrayal has wounded me deeply. I will not allow these traitors to destroy everything I built. As soon as I can I'll be sending the word out for any loyal members to join me in my fight against the corrupt members of the Roman Empire. We will have a fresh start, and we will not fail.

stop bawing about being betrayed. I commend you for what you tried to do, but seriously you got what you deserved. You turned TE into what it is now.

Welcome to the TE blacklist ;)

Maybe now, that the round is coming towards its end, you will see why I approached you guys early on. And why what I said has been wholly true for the better part of the round.

I am glad hostilities never began between us, it shows you guys were able to see through the lies and deceit placed upon and around you by a conniving and manipulative man such as Tiberius.

I'm sure everyone will love to see Caesar's/Tiberius's/Whatever-he-chooses-next-round's moves in the future and if he can actually live upon his words to bring me down with him, because for the time being Tiberius has begun a long chain of self-destruction and is unable to escape it.

Lying to keep up your previous Lies is a path by which will cause anyone's downfall.

Tiberius, I think you overlooked the fact that there are other ways to help your alliance than to betray your allies.

Folger, does betraying YOUR friends make you any better than Tiberius? Sure you may look like the good guy but I suggest you think about what you've done to get there.

You have pretty strong convictions for someone playing only 18 days. Do you and Tibs wear the same cologne?

Are you referring to WOLF, BEazy?

Edited by JimKongIl