Press Release from The Corporation

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. McNuggetDome,

So when we copyright a term, we have no concept of the law, but when you do it, it's acceptable?

It's the exact same term we're talking about here.

Please explain, educate us, Kevin...

You can copyright the term The Corporation of Serious Business all you like. The only way I would infringe on that is if I called myself "The Corporation of Silly Business." Just like I can copyright The Corporation, but the only way someone could violate that is if they named themselves "The Corp" and portrayed themselves as us. But if they wanted to name themselves "The Corporation of Employees" and made it clear they were a different alliance, with different colours and goals, then it would not be copyright violation.

Just like someone can name their hardware store "McDonalds" and as long as they didn't paint it red and yellow and sell hamburgers, they'd be fine.

I'm going to start an alliance. And it shall be called The Corporation of Seaworthy Liberian Cardboard Boxes.

This would be awesome. I'd consider joining.

The Corporation of Serious Business copyrighted both "Corporation of Serious Business" as well as "The Corporation " for short. It's all in our new investor prospectus. This has been documented.

So, as you spell out quite clearly, if someone were to create a Corporate themed cybernations alliance, that used a term we copyrighted, they would totally be in violation.

In as much, pay up sukka.

This would be awesome. I'd consider joining.

The Corporation of Serious Business copyrighted both "Corporation of Serious Business" as well as "The Corporation " for short. It's all in our new investor prospectus. This has been documented.

So, as you spell out quite clearly, if someone were to create a Corporate themed cybernations alliance, that used a term we copyrighted, they would totally be in violation.

In as much, pay up sukka.

The Corporation does not recognize "Corporation of Serious Business" or "CSB" as valid entities or alliances as no such in-game AA exists. As such, all your claims to any trademark infringements will be disregarded by The Corporation.

Have a good day.

Camelot was so much better then Athens.

No way man, Athens is the best alliance ever. ^_^

To be technical though, the bet was between ACV and Camelot, neither of which reached 3.00 score. But when I think back on all the fun times we had, and ACV had, it just goes to show how unimportant score really is. :P

To be technical though, the bet was between ACV and Camelot, neither of which reached 3.00 score. But when I think back on all the fun times we had, and ACV had, it just goes to show how unimportant score really is. :P

That sounds like the talk of the loser :P

No, of course that's true. We had some great time. However, when we saw the 3.00 staring at us last night, we couldn't resist :)