An official statement from The Grand Lodge of Freemasons

kuhnini

This is an official statement regarding the GOONS Piracy Act and the Masonic Hand of Mercy Policy.

Some readers may have noticed posts from some Masons in other OWF threads. Please understand that statements or opinions expressed by non-government officials of The Grand Lodge of Freemasons (The Lodge) on the OWF reflect individual opinions only and not Lodge policy. The following Council Members do speak for The Lodge: Alaric (Grand Master), Penedono (Grand Chancellor), Kuhnini (Grand Superintendent), Walking Dead (Grand Knight) and Sicotic (Grand Treasurer).

We are a defensive alliance. But, at times we reach out to tech-raid victims to offer them sanctuary. Obviously we do not accept nations that are warring with viable alliances.

While we are at odds with "The Piracy Act" we recognize GOONS sovereignty in their own affairs. Our contrasting 'Hand of Mercy' policy strives to diplomatically resolve tech-raids. Once peace is achieved - the 'victim' is free to join our ranks. Be advised that any nation flying 'Lodge Applicant' will be defended and protected as if he/she were a full brother/sister in The Lodge.

Let me reiterate, nations at war with a viable alliance will not be pursued or accepted by us.

Forum: www.square-n-compass.net

IRC: #glof on Coldfront

Regards,

The Lodge Council

The Grand Lodge of Freemasons

WaxSealRibbon.png

Be advised that any nation flying 'Lodge Applicant' will be defended and protected as if he/she were a full brother/sister in The Lodge.

Would this protection be extended to those who are raided but change their AA to 'Lodge Applicant' after the fact? I assume it wouldn't based on the content of other parts of your statement, but the additional clarification wouldn't hurt.

Seriously? Was this thread even needed?

Was your post needed? Don't answer, because it wasn't. If you have nothing of content to say, then don't say it.

This is an official statement regarding the GOONS Piracy Act and the Masonic Hand of Mercy Policy.

Some readers may have noticed posts from some Masons in other OWF threads. Please understand that statements or opinions expressed by non-government officials of The Grand Lodge of Freemasons (The Lodge) on the OWF reflect individual opinions only and not Lodge policy. The following Council Members do speak for The Lodge: Alaric (Grand Master), Penedono (Grand Chancellor), Kuhnini (Grand Superintendent), Walking Dead (Grand Knight) and Sicotic (Grand Treasurer).

We are a defensive alliance. But, at times we reach out to tech-raid victims to offer them sanctuary. Obviously we do not accept nations that are warring with viable alliances.

While we are at odds with "The Piracy Act" we recognize GOONS sovereignty in their own affairs. Our contrasting 'Hand of Mercy' policy strives to diplomatically resolve tech-raids. Once peace is achieved - the 'victim' is free to join our ranks. Be advised that any nation flying 'Lodge Applicant' will be defended and protected as if he/she were a full brother/sister in The Lodge.

Let me reiterate, nations at war with a viable alliance will not be pursued or accepted by us.

It's good to see an official statement issued by the Lodge concerning this matter. I'd reckon it's gotten very heated over the past few days of rhetoric and mud-slinging. Hopefully, this is the first step towards resolving this matter entirely and hopefully mending relations between yourselves and GOONS.

Good show GLOF, as always Vidia smiles at your ways.

o7

Would this protection be extended to those who are raided but change their AA to 'Lodge Applicant' after the fact? I assume it wouldn't based on the content of other parts of your statement, but the additional clarification wouldn't hurt.

It is the procedure of The Lodge to direct prospective applicants to change their AA "Lodge Applicant" only AFTER peace has been achieved. Being at peace is only the first step of the application process. We will not begin to process an application of a nation who is at war period. We will however enter negotiations with the perpetrator(s) of the raid to see if peace can be reached.

So your members antagonize an alliance in their announcement thread, and then you clarify your alliance's actual policy in your own announcement. I guess all that would be missing is an apology, but it seems the GOONS are alright with what you have given them. Good for them.

I love my Umbraillures. :) GOONS would rather know the true feelings of an alliance's membership than be blinded by an insincere apology. The important take-away here is that:

• GLoF members are prone to take immense liberty with the truth, even as far as their own alliance's policies, so be wary of any promise they make or "fact" they cite.
  • Even with the obviously poor showing they made in the other thread, especially with threats made against GOONS, they still try to subtly vilify us with their diction.

While, as I stated above, we are thankful for the clarification, we are in no way closer as alliances.

It is the procedure of The Lodge to direct prospective applicants to change their AA "Lodge Applicant" only AFTER peace has been achieved. Being at peace is only the first step of the application process. We will not begin to process an application of a nation who is at war period. We will however enter negotiations with the perpetrator(s) of the raid to see if peace can be reached.

Good man.

Thanks for the clarification.

Now please, don't go treading on my GOONSies. :P

...we are thankful for the clarification, we are in no way closer as alliances.

The Grand Lodge have been (and still is) allies with 'tech raiding' alliances before so I know that that won't stand in the way of diplomatic relations. However, the obvious hard-line stance of GOONS and the compassionate one of GLOF will more than likely echo your statement, salithus.

Having said that, I can recognise both sides of the arguement and both policies.

Good luck to GLOF and to GOONS as they raid and/or save the unaligned.

I love my Umbraillures. :) GOONS would rather know the true feelings of an alliance's membership than be blinded by an insincere apology. The important take-away here is that:

• GLoF members are prone to take immense liberty with the truth, even as far as their own alliance's policies, so be wary of any promise they make or "fact" they cite.
  • Even with the obviously poor showing they made in the other thread, especially with threats made against GOONS, they still try to subtly vilify us with their diction.

While, as I stated above, we are thankful for the clarification, we are in no way closer as alliances.

Looks like after fifteen opinions thus far your's is the only negative, how about you look to the history of your alliance before you paint one of the most honorable communities on Bob with your clever baw brush.

Oops, you better attack me for publicly disagreeing with your opinion. ;)

Looks like after fifteen opinions thus far your's is the only negative, how about you look to the history of your alliance before you paint one of the most honorable communities on Bob with your clever baw brush.

You're so far off base you're practically on the moon, which is funny because it'd be such a far less hospitable place than Planet Bob is showing it obviously can be if you would just shut the hell up. He thanked GLoF twice for the clarification of their policy, is that not enough?

This is our governments policy. I always speak for myself. We're glad to give you this clarification. The membership didn't even know the clarification was coming until it was posted. This is our gov speaking for the alliance.

Now that said, I never saw an apology, I saw our policy spelled out to avoid it being twisted into something that it's not.

There is some other issues too. But maybe I should give you a pass here. Your alliance is relatively new, and still quite small so maybe you don't know. Nobody with any experience in the world is wary of our promises. There's a reason that we have never had a large number of treaties. Before we sign a treaty we look to see what the alliances past is in keeping their end of the bargain. We always keep ours, so we are very careful with who we pick. If the Masons make a promise people know it will be upheld, ask any of our allies. There's a reason The Lodge unified OUT without even being in it.

Also, did you just accuse the OP of attempting to vilify you? That's a sad accusation to make. Stop making far reaching cheap shots and take what we say as it is.

But alas, our gov says their thing and you bring up what two out of 121 members had to say. Of course, maybe I should thank you. Last time Modus and I posted in the same thread we were at opposite ends, so at least you unified us :lol1:

Thank you GLoF gov. for posting this, although it would mean a lot more of you could reign in your illegitimates.

You assume too much.

I am one of the founders of the Lodge, first Grand Chancellor, have been a loyal Lodge Officer and am architect of the Masonic Code; we Masons are all equally legitimate or illegitimate, so check yo'self. :awesome:

You assume too much.

I am one of the founders of the Lodge, first Grand Chancellor, have been a loyal Lodge Officer and am architect of the Masonic Code; we Masons are all equally legitimate or illegitimate, so check yo'self. :awesome:

i don't think anyone cares that you were a founder and teh first grand chancellor, blah blah blah, i have a large epeen. Good for you, that doesn't make you any less of a !@#$ talker, it just means at one point in your existence people listened to you.

GLOF is a great alliance, and despite you trying to say "we're all equal" its clearly obvious that you are far less civil than your comrades. I dare say you are a stain on GLOFs otherwise sterling reputation.

Well I'm glad to see clarification and a topic from the GLOF. That is a good policy. Although I must admit being taken aback a little in regards to the tone of some of these statements as these, in comparison to other announcements from the GLOF, seem foreign to me.

Edited by Kzoppistan