The Fellowship goes to war.

Californian

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Shire's Hellion regiment followed the fellowship in their APCs. Their IR gear on active to catch the faintest whiffs of body heat emitted... although they thought, it might not so well in such extreme environment.

EDIT: Whoops quote

Edited by Quest07

Aragorn and his legion of followers ran towards the city when it came into view, yelling high pitched war cries as they entered the outskirts. However, they unexpectedly ran into no opposition. The city, if one could call it that, was deserted, and only half completed. Construction supplies and half built buildings were everywhere, and it looked like no living being had been here in quite a while.

Gimli walked into one of the larger buildings and found it was a fully stocked pub. "HERE'S THE GOOD STUFF, MATES!" He yelled to the followers as he chugged a whiskey to warm him up.

Aragorn announced to the crowd, I'm sorry, but no one's here. It appears as though this city, and quite possibly the entire Antarctic territory is deserted. As such, I am renaming is Gondor and will lead an expedition to see if there truly is anyone here. With that, he took a bottle of rum and raised it in a toast, "TO GONDOR!"

"TO GONDOR!"

The Rangers scowled angrily at Aragorn and his sudden shout. "Dude, too loud," one of them called out, while the rest simply rushed to where Gimli was and began chucking bottle after bottle of alcohols into the backpacks, while the two captains discussed how they could turn the Sack of the Pub into an epic tale of military prowess.

Bor Omir entered the pub and collected several bottles. He opened and sniffed the contents of each one, setting aside three. "The yellowed bottles are poision," he announced to the room.

Outside, a Caucasian Marine shouted, "Hey, look, I found a cannon!" loud enough for Bor Omir to hear. He dropped the alcohol into his bag and carried the poison in his hand to the cannon. He stuck a bottle of it into the cannon barrel, pushed it in, added some gunpowder, and lit the fuse. The durable bottle fired and went directly for the Uruk Hai, and would shatter on contact.

Hearing Bor Omir's warning, the Rangers of the battleship North looked at each other, whistled, and took what they had assumed were alcohol back out from their backpacks.

"And you wanted to drink this stuff," the fastest guy mocked his comrades.

"What are you talking about, clearly we were trying to stop other people from accidenttally drinking any," Captain Elladane admonished him, emptying his bulging pack as fast as possible.

Then there was a loud explosion outside, and the Rangers of the North rushed out just in time to see Bor Ormir shooting the cannon.

OOC: well look guys, i'm going to reroll again (no orcs, seriously this time) and i'd like to ask if i can have this land back please.

OOC: I believe we should allow him this ability. He's decided to take a much more reasonable course. I've given him the perfect nation idea for his communistic feel. I believe it should give him some fun RP's. Also, nothing batcrap insane will come out of this one.

OOC: I believe we should allow him this ability. He's decided to take a much more reasonable course. I've given him the perfect nation idea for his communistic feel. I believe it should give him some fun RP's. Also, nothing batcrap insane will come out of this one.

OOC: Well, the folks in Antarctica aren't deciding the fate of Mordor, it's more like the massive invasion on his Asian holdings by Impy is going to sway into making a clean slate... but he'll be back on tomorrow to decide whether it turns into a gray protectorate again or not. <_<

OOC: In that case, i hope people won't mind if i make a little victory celebration to end the thread -- On Antarctica, anyway.

A single plane flew over the city, dropping several packages attached to parachutes. Once on the ground, they would easily be identified as the legendary Treebard© All-weather podium speakers, and the last package contained a stack of particularly good Rock albums as well as liberal amounts of alcohol.

Edited by Amyante

Citing the Zhukov Doctrine, Buryatia declares a protectorate over the former Asian holdings of "Mordor". Buryatian soldiers cross the border to enforce the doctrine.

Buryatian Artillery begins bombarding military targets on the former Mordor side of the border, while the Buryatian Airforce establishes total air superiority over the territory.

_615781_art300.jpg

-Buryatian Artillery

EDIT: Added more specific detail

Edited by Imperator Azenquor

Gimli had downed over 20 bottles of the good stuff before hearing Bor Omir's warning. Suddenly, he started convulsing and was on the ground, the color drained from his body. Aragorn and Legolas rushed over to his side, but nothing could save him. With a look of contempt in his eyes, they became glazed over and he made no more movements.

"NOOOOOOOOO," shouted Aragorn, "what bar contains massive amounts of poison instead of alcohol? This is ridiculous and highlights the absurdity of this nation. I must avenge the death of Gimli, and I'd like Legolas and a few of you to follow."

Aragorn and the small group walked outside to where Bor Omir was shooting at 2 rocks. "Drunk again, eh Bor Omir?" Legolas chuckled as he squinted and saw two real Uruk Hai in the distance. "Look over there!"

With the two 'things' in view, the men started charging, razing their swords and loading their automatic rifles...

Arwen threw the liqour to Merry and Pippin. She never drank. She was sleeping until she heard the choke of Gimli and woke up. She was tired of the trip and this death even more so. When she saw Aragorn charging, she raised her sword and along with Merry and Pippin charged. Merry was carrying half a bottle of whiskey along with him threatining to hit the Uruk-hai with them.

A stream of Caucasian Marines entered and exited the bar, carrying loads of poison with them. Bor Omir and a number of Marines manned the cannon, firing the poison out of it. A few other Marines had found a bunch of cannons, and so the poison cannon fire increased tenfold.

***Classified***

In addition to the Task Force being recalled from Antarctica, the Beta Task Force, based on Buryatia's South coast, is deployed to the coast of Mordor. The Destroyers BNS Krasnoyarsk and BNS Volga, and the Frigate BNS Imperator leave port and head towards the coast.

MordorMap.png

-Map showing Naval deployments (Red Xs) and Troop movements (Red Arrows)

The horde arrived at the Uruk Hai who seemed to stand still, bent over in laughter for some reason. Aragorn raised his sword while Legolas notched an arrow onto his bow...

-----------------------------

Of the 10,000 FRG troops originally sent, 9,500 have been recalled while 500 have landed by the deserted city of Minas Morgul. They planted a Grøenlandian flag and quickly radioed their superiors.

A Grøenlandian Foreign Affairs official on a news station, "Grøenlandia claims the former Mordor territories of Antarctica."