Small announcement from your local Anarchist Alliance

The DOA government has changed to another Charter yet again. There was stuff that couldn't be done under the previous one. So....I now bring you the DOA Charter 2.0! Enjoy:

HALOallianceflag-1-1-1.png

Democratic Order of Anarchy Charter

Preamble

The Democratic Order of Anarchy (hereby referred as DOA) establishes this Charter of the alliance. Any current and future members are to adhere and follow it.

Article I: Membership

Any and all persons may enter the DOA as long as they meet the following criteria:

• Must not be on any PZI or EZI listings
  • Must fill out application correctly
  • Willing to participate to advance the alliance in any way

Article II: Government

The High Council is made up of 3 members who lead the alliance.

Any and all Foreign Affairs shall be decided on a 2/3 vote.

Article III: Elections

Elections for High Council shall happen every 3 months.

Anyone can run for the High Council as long as they have been in the alliance from at least 45 days.

Article IV: Declaration of War

A 2/3 vote of the High Council is needed to declare war on any alliance.

Nukes shall only be used by a unanimous vote of the High Council

Article V: Inactivity

If any Council member is inactive for more than 3 days, and no one knows where he/she is, the other High Council Members shall appoint someone to take temporary powers of the inactive Council Member.

Article VI: Removal

Any High Council member may be removed if the another agrees. If it is done so, then a special election shall be held to have another put into place.

Amendments to Charter

Any and all Amendments to the DOA charter must be unanimously agreed upon by the DOA government.

SIGNED

AsianLeader-High Council Member

Ghux- High Council Member

Spark8989- High Council Member

EDIT: fixing tags

Edited by AsianLeader

An anarchist alliance with a high council? Truth in advertising, please.

Agreed. I lol'd hard.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, alliances are typically formed by power-hungry noobs who decide that being "Assistant to Deputy of ________" in X alliance isn't enough to satisfy their ambition. These people have no intention of climbing up to the top in their respective alliances so they form their own.

New Alliances [with DoA as an example] tend to lack contributions to the community, and tend to fail hard.

Agreed. I lol'd hard.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, alliances are typically formed by power-hungry noobs who decide that being "Assistant to Deputy of ________" in X alliance isn't enough to satisfy their ambition. These people have no intention of climbing up to the top in their respective alliances so they form their own.

New Alliances [with DoA as an example] tend to lack contributions to the community, and tend to fail hard.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your contributions to this community. What with your quality posting, your irrational hatred of people you've had no prior knowledge of, your internet tough guy stance and making pink lulzier than ever, we sure are blessed to have you with us.

Edit: I fail at typing

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

Agreed. I lol'd hard.

I would like to say something about this. First off, though I was "Assistant to Deputy of ________" in X alliance, I was also the Minister of said alliance, and believe I could have gotten to the top, but left on reasons which should be kept between myself and my old alliance.

You say "New Alliances tend to lack contributions to the community, and tend to fail hard" though your alliance is "newer" than the DOA.......just wanted to point that out......

didn't Vox make the same claims?

No, when we claimed to be an anarchy we were. Then we realised it wasn't working for our purposes so we ditched that and formed a democratic, inclusive government.

Anyway the name is obviously a joke. Democratic Order of Anarchy? Come now. None of those words belongs next to the other.

I don't know why an alliance called the Democratic Order of Anarchy needs to actually practise the doctrines outlined in their name. [ooc]the Democratic People's Republic of Korea[/ooc] isn't exactly a Democratic People's Republic, now is it? They may call it whatever they wish - names aren't the things, after all. Its like saying that the Jedi Order aren't entitled to their name because none of them are practicing jedi with their own working lightsaber.

Good luck and well done on your charter revision.

Edited by Crushtania

No, when we claimed to be an anarchy we were. Then we realised it wasn't working for our purposes so we ditched that and formed a democratic, inclusive government.

Anyway the name is obviously a joke. Democratic Order of Anarchy? Come now. None of those words belongs next to the other.

Actually Democracy and Anarchism belong together. and Order does not in the classical sense of order, or the standard definition of anarchy (not anarchism). But you are broadly correct.

I would like to say something about this. First off, though I was "Assistant to Deputy of ________" in X alliance, I was also the Minister of said alliance, and believe I could have gotten to the top, but left on reasons which should be kept between myself and my old alliance.

You say "New Alliances tend to lack contributions to the community, and tend to fail hard" though your alliance is "newer" than the DOA.......just wanted to point that out......

I did not form my alliance, and the people who did form my alliance previously lead alliances for 2+ years. It's not as new as the dates may suggest.

I never tire of the it's-not-anarchy-if-you-have-structure argument. I've read it in every single LSF thread for the past 3 years, and it's still as fresh as the very first time, and I'll never grow weary of suggesting that people actually study the rich history of political anarchism before making such silly statements.

Anyhow... Congratulations to DOA on their new charter.

-Craig

Edited by Comrade Craig

Those of us who have grown up on these late days of the Vicky commune can't understand how much fuss the wording of democracy order and anarchy on the same sentence can awake, when all of them are interconnected. Maybe one day the inhabitants of Bob may realise it.

Another thing is when those words are used under corrupt circunstances such as this, as the spirit of the name doesn't follow by the letter, but such is the world. Good luck DoA, from your libertarian neighbours.