Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Felix von Agnu

Quoth the Raven

ravenbanner.png

Over our first couple of weeks of existence we at Nevermore have been doing some revisions on our charter that we feel are a necessity for our survival and growth

This change comes for many reasons. First of which is for the benefit of our members. Both Anubis and I have come from alliances where the gov goes out and signs treaties. All the general membership hears of it is after its signed. We feel this can lead to situations where the membership will be called upon to defend an ally they know nothing about, or even dislike. To counter this, we have decided upon a new treaty ratification process. After the government members decide to approve a treaty, the general membership will be informed their opinion, in form of vote and word, is requested. They then have the opportunity to disapprove of the treaty.

We feel this will have other positive effects as well. It will help foster a more active membership. Not least of which, it will help form friendships that will go deeper than the current government, as they must win the membership over as well. If this means we have less treaties, and better friends, we feel that trade is not only acceptable, but desirable.

Here are the changes to our charter.

The Authority Section has been changed from this

Section 3.01A: Authority

* 1. The Consuls of Nevermore shall determine the direction that Nevermore shall take.

* 2. The Consuls shall appoint all Ministers to their position.

* 3. The Consuls shall determine all sanctions placed on members up to and including ZI

* 4. The Consuls make the final call on all treaty signings and declarations of war.

To This

Section 3.01A: Authority

* 1. The Consuls of Nevermore shall determine the direction that Nevermore shall take.

* 2. The Consuls shall appoint all Ministers to their position.

* 3. The Consuls shall determine all sanctions placed on members up to and including ZI

* 4. The Consuls make the final call on all declarations of war.

* 5. The Consuls have the final call on presenting a prospective treaty to the Nevermore General Membership

And then Adding A Treaty Ratification Process as follows

Section 6.04: Treaty Ratification Process: Once the government members (by majority) decide to sign a treaty, the General Membership will have the chance to vote for or against the treaty. A majority vote (51% of total votes) is required to pass the treaty. The voting period will start on a day to be specified in an alliance-wide bulletin, then proceed for 3 days. In the event of a tie, the treaty does not get signed.

Signed

Agnu - External Consul

Anubis - Internal Consul

Panther - Minister of Internal Affairs

On another note, we would like to invite everyone to stop by our forums, and check out our latest feature, Agnu's Badass site of the week. Just stop by and read it here: http://nevermore.motionforum.net/twilight-...eek-t50.htm#155

Good move, transparency is always something to strive for in an alliance.

This Amendement will serve us well and give our members more say in the direction of which our alliance will take.

o/ Nevermore

o/ Red

Nice amendment, if only everybody would make these sorts of moves we wouldn't have such a ridiculous treaty web.

o/ Nevermore

Good to see you guys are doing well.

o/ Nevermore

How it should always be done, in my humble opinion. Good work Nevermore, I always like to see a bit of democracy on Bob :)

Agnu - External Consul

Anubis - Internal Consul

Panther - Minister of Internal Affairs

Oh this is going to get confusing.

Panther - Minister of Internal Affairs of Nevermore

Pantherrex - Minister of Domestic Affairs of Zenith, Nevermore's protector.

:huh:

We like to make people think :P

I think that it is great that you have focused on building internally and finding a structure that fits you before treating to everyone and their brother. Good luck, and I hope your membership realizes just how lucky they are and takes advantage of it.

brb, I just asploded

o/ Nevermore, with Agnu at the helm, what could go wrong?

since KanaX hasn't gotten here yet...

Only problem with this is that Agnoob is on there, you guys should fix that...

Best of luck with your democracy thing, hopefully you'll be on the upside of the mixed results I've seen from this sort of setup.

Sorry I missed this.. been busy rebuilding and rep prepping...

Congrats to Agnu and friends...

Needs more KanaX :P

oo/ Agnu :wub:

*wishes his friends were all together again :(