How much of your RL persona makes up your CN character?

Blacky

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't role play, sure I like it but it really isn't me, sircrimsion actually really sounds like "sir.crimson" ( I once had someone say to me that he thought I was circumcision :D) and am, as you can tell by my avatar, a fan of king crimson (Epitaph is a brillant song)

I tried for a while to be a one of those raging manics it didn't work mostly because I found out after words I had made myself to look like a royal jack $@!...

Edited by sircrimson

I play a much better political, pragmatic and diplomatic game as my CN persona. My RL politics have absolutely nothing to do with my CN politics. I favored much more authoritarian policies back in TAB but have yielded to more a merit-based yet democratic (but not liberal - and I use the term as in a broad systemic ideology, not the US liberal/conservative divide, etc.) outlook in MHA. I think I'm a bit nicer and more outgoing on CN than I am in RL too :P

Edited by Crushtania

What is also interesting is the RL age of alliance leaderships and the matureness that is present. There are teenagers with such a good grasp of diplomacy and leadership as they oversee hundreds of people including people much older.

We talk about how RL personas make up CN characters. How about the other way around? Do any of you in leadership positions believe that running day-to-day operations in your alliance will benefit you later in RL?

What is also interesting is the RL age of alliance leaderships and the matureness that is present. There are teenagers with such a good grasp of diplomacy and leadership as they oversee hundreds of people including people much older.

We talk about how RL personas make up CN characters. How about the other way around? Do any of you in leadership positions believe that running day-to-day operations in your alliance will benefit you later in RL?

Not all players are teenagers, I am 36 and a diplomat for the New Polar Order, And I am aware of a sizable number of players of "mature years". But I agree that a certain degree of maturity is required in the leaders and functionaries of an alliance for it to perform at its best. And I am quietly pleased that so many teenagers in CN have these traits.

But to elaborate on this point about maturity, I have observed in CN that an immature alliance will tend to be self destructive and get itself involved in needless wars that deplete its strength and ultimately cause it to collapse, whereas a mature alliance will chose its battles carefully and only take to the field when the outcome of a battle has almost always been predetermined to be a success (there are exceptions to this rule and a mature alliance will sometimes find itself in an unfavourable situation that they did not predict, but this is due to another alliance using this skill more effectively).

This has fostered a Darwinian process that has weeded out many of the "lulz" alliances and left us with a reasonably mature crop of sanctioned alliances.

And in response to your question, I have found some of the lessons I have learned in CN to be valuable in my daily out of game life.

I too am an older player at 37, I am second in command of The Mafia...I do find it refreshing that some of the younger players possess the diplomacy skills needed to survive in this game. I think that skills learned in CN do help and apply to RL...mainly organization and even responsibility to some extent..I know if I am supposed to do something for my alliance, I feel obligated to have it done when I say it will be done....so I think in a nutshell this game does teach us all some things.

There is no real difference between my in game character and myself in RL. The only real difference is that I would not be as....''outgoing'' (if you will) in RL as I am in this.I don't feel like I have to pretend I'm someone else here...so what you see is what you get...in RL :lol1:

My IC persona is totally different from my RL persona, except for a few things here and there.

IC I drink rum, bring women and cookies everywhere, and am an old man with a sizable beard, who speaks his mind, but only on occasion, unless he is joking with friends, at which point he becomes "young" and jokes a lot.

OOC: I am 17, pretty "noisy" don't drink any alcohol at all, am most definitely NOT a pimp of any kind, though I do have lady friends. :P and am serious much more of the time. Basically, I made myself a new me for CN purposes, and have stuck with it for 3 years.