Army storm protest in Milan, 2 dead

Agostinho Neto

1947celeredivaresed.jpg

Italian soldiers protecting a government building

RAI Radio Televisione Italiana

MILAN - Troops fired at crowds of anti-government protesters who fought back with petrol bombs and rocks in Milan today, in violence that killed two people, injured dozens and pushed Italy deeper into another strike crisis.

General Junio Borghese, who declared a state of siege, authorized the use of live rounds against strikers and protesters. It is the second general strike in one month, the last one left at least hundred bodies laying on the streets. During the day, black smoke billowed into the sky over the city, protesters set fire to several buses to block the troops and a side of a government building was ablaze.

One person was shot dead in fighting between protesters and residents angry about the demonstrations, Defense Minister Rodolfo Graziani, said on television. The emergency service said another person was also fatally shot in the violence, sparked by Italy's intractable anarchists.

The emergency service said 94 people, including soldiers, were injured in this morning's clashes. Troops advanced into an area held by protesters near the Transvaaler embassy, setting the stage for a final push to end the demonstrations that have further hobbled a country still recovering from the past economic crisis.

Edited by Junio Borghese

96925653.jpg

Italian tanks near Government buildings

RADIO ITALIA LIBERA

RADIO FREE ITALY

The Italian armoured divisions opened fire on crowd of protesters tonight in Milan, and troops have poured into the city in a massive dawn offensive. At least 100 italian tanks are reported to have entered Milan and troops deployed throughout the city are battling with partisan forces for strategic positions. General Junio Borghese declared the martial law and suspension of radio-tv communication. Pictures and footages have almost ceased to come out of the country but some free-press journalists have managed to take pictures of Italian tanks infront of Government buildings.

The riot is a response to the worsening economic crisis and the total suppression of civil and political rights. The protest turned from a simple strike to a city-wide revolt against the fascist regime who led italy for the last month. Reports that the leaders of the revolt were captured in the attack have not been confirmed. But in an unscheduled newscast on RAI Radio-Television shortly after midnight, Borghese claimed to have "crushed the forces of reactionary conspiracy against the Italian people".

Despite Italy's claims, heavy fighting is reported to be continuing throughout the city for key installations such as railway stations and major roads.

A clear showing that fascism has not and will not work in Europe. The fascist regime in Italy is truly reprehensible, killing your own citizens because they disagree with your government. Well it just goes to show that even the citizens can barely put up with this kind of rule. As in Transvaal, the Hanseatic Commonwealth's borders are opened to refugees wishing to flee from the from the death and killing in Northern Italy.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

We would advise the Fascist scum to our north, that while we made peace with you, we do not condone you, and still view the area you're in as part of the Roman Empire. We will only say this once:

Quit killing innocent Italian citizens. Would you shoot your brother? No. You wouldn't. End the bloodshed, now.

We would advise the Fascist scum to our north, that while we made peace with you, we do not condone you, and still view the area you're in as part of the Roman Empire. We will only say this once:

Quit killing innocent Italian citizens. Would you shoot your brother? No. You wouldn't. End the bloodshed, now.

Frankly with this crazed dictator I wouldn't know.

The Republic of Euzkadi condemns this latest act of babarity, the current regime in Italy is an abomination and a disgrace to Europe. We stand ready to aid the pro-democracy movement and call on Europe to subject the military regime to political isolation and economic sanctions.

81827.jpg

Italian "Black Shirts" marching in the streets of Milan

General Junio Borghese says social order has been gradually restored in Milan after the deadly riot. The Provisional Military Government is dealing with the aftermath of the violence. The General says the government has taken immediate and effective measures to restore stability in the city and he said a contingency plan and a series of measures have been carried out to protect people's lives and property.

"The top priority is to protect the safety of people, so we have armoured vehicles and soldiers to patrol the city. We also have asked some stores to close their doors in time to avoid further losses of property. What's more, we had also imposed some temporary traffic controls."

Borghese says these measures helped the local government quickly bring the situation in Milan under control and detain most of the rioters. Borghese says the detained suspects of the violence will be prosecuted in accordance with the law. "The army are examining their involvement in the riot and their criminal acts. We will try them according to legal proceedings."

The riot left more than 370 people dead and nearly 1,700 injured.

The Republic of Euzkadi has little faith in Italian governments ability to conduct an impartial investigation into the actions of its own military. Law and order is not simply an instrument of the state with which to pummel innocent people and we find the final death toll of 370 a shocking indictment of the contempt with which the Italian government treats its own citizens.

The Republic of Euzkadi has little faith in Italian governments ability to conduct an impartial investigation into the actions of its own military. Law and order is not simply an instrument of the state with which to pummel innocent people and we find the final death toll of 370 a shocking indictment of the contempt with which the Italian government treats its own citizens.

We do hope that you meant government's, because the Roman Empire has done no wrong to its citizens. Hopefully, it was an accidental error, and not intentional.

If the lowly soldier who fired the bullet is arrested, why should the politician who gave the order go free?

We could not agree more.

"We have complete faith in the judicial system to run fair trials on the rioters."

Complete faith in a judicial system run by a mad, crazed dictator? We fail to see how you could have faith in such a system.

Complete faith in a judicial system run by a mad, crazed dictator? We fail to see how you could have faith in such a system.

"Do you think Roman Emperors were democratic-peace-loving hippies? You haven't been elected too, your country is not democratic, just like mine. The sole fact you think you claim to be the successor of the Roman Empire makes you the crazy guy, at least i do not consider myself the "Emperor of the Romans" just because i control whats left of Rome.. you see me going around cialming to be Gengis Khan and ride a horse wih some funny winter hat? And just for the record, keep your peace keeping bombers out of my country, we don't like strangers" General Junio Borghese commented in a note.

Edited by Junio Borghese

While our country may not be democratic, you will not find anywhere in our nation, our military harming our citizens. A death for no cause, or death at all, for that matter, is a waste of life. We do however like to point out that our emperor, Emperor Constantine Cato, isn't a crazed dictator, ruling the country on a whim, like your fascist muppet.

We do not claim to be the successor to the Roman Empire. We claim to be the Italians, Romans, who want to continue the Glory of Rome. If your meager and feeble fascist minds cannot comprehend that, then please, do not insult us.

"Do you think Roman Emperors were democratic-peace-loving hippies? You haven't been elected too, your country is not democratic, just like mine. The sole fact you think you claim to be the successor of the Roman Empire makes you the crazy guy, at least i do not consider myself the "Emperor of the Romans" just because i control whats left of Rome.. you see me going around cialming to be Gengis Khan and ride a horse wih some funny winter hat? And just for the record, keep your peace keeping bombers out of my country, we don't like strangers" General Junio Borghese commented in a note.

How can you consider them strangers when you both occupy Italy and both have Italian people present in your territory?

"Because he believes there should be only one. Perhaps this is a ploy in an attempt to draw the Romans into a conflict."

I'm sure the Fascists remember our 'war'. It ended nearly 24 hours after our declaration, with the surrender of the majority of Fascist forces.

"The actions being carried out in Italy have outraged and shocked me completely even do we have an ocean between us we still ask that the bloodshed must end before the General does something that he regrets " says Yahoda leader of the Communist republic of Bringdom

We do hope that you meant government's, because the Roman Empire has done no wrong to its citizens. Hopefully, it was an accidental error, and not intentional.

We apoligize for any misunderstanding but our statement was directed solely at the Borghese regime.

If violence continues then Pax Pacis peace keepers will be despatched to the area to ensure that any violence is halted.

The Republic of Euzkadi is willing to act in concert with any such forces by contributing military units to any such peacekeeping mission.

The conduct of the 'ancient' Roman emperors has no bearing on how nations act in the present, it is unacceptable in modern Europe to have a regime willing to murder its own citizens in cold blood on a whim. Any investigation conducted by your government would in our mind simply lead to scapegoats being prosecuted while it remains clear that soldiers obey orders and therefore responsibility lies with the senior officals in your regime including yourself, does the buck not stop with the head of state in an authoritarian regime?