The GMs Court

hawk11

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='29 March 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1269856548' post='2239903']
So do transport planes count against your total number of in game planes? So far I'm only counting combat aircraft and helicopters as part of that, but I'm happy to change it.
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure planes covered actual jet fighters and bombers... Helicopters fell under the 'common sense' rule as they are not considered part of the airforce, but the air army. I could be wrong too. Transports are also clumped together with these too.

TBM: If you think someone is cheating call them out and they will have to provide some pictures with the CN timestamp visible. Problem solved :P.

EM & TBM: Transports & cargo planes are not counted. Helicopters it would probably depend on the helicopter. A helicopter with light armaments used as a transport probably wouldn't count, a gunship with missiles and automatic weapons that probably does count.

Edited by iamthey

[quote name='iamthey' date='29 March 2010 - 01:51 PM' timestamp='1269885080' post='2240117']
TBM: If you think someone is cheating call them out and they will have to provide some pictures with the CN timestamp visible. Problem solved :P.

EM & TBM: Transports & cargo planes are not counted. Helicopters it would probably depend on the helicopter. [b]A helicopter with light armaments used as a transport probably wouldn't count, a gunship with missiles and automatic weapons that probably does count.[/b]
[/quote]

Really? Can we have like a concrete ruling on this?

Helicopters are not 'strike' things like a plane or cruise missile- they linger on the battlefield, quite like a tank.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='29 March 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1269908793' post='2240540']
Wait, did you say max planes we could have?

I'm confused.

Holy *#$%, I thought it was current planes you had this second.
[/quote]

Fizzy...THEY JUST RULED ON IT! <_< Two days ago. Page just before this one.

[quote name='iamthey' date='27 March 2010 - 08:54 AM' timestamp='1269708864' post='2238374']
So we talked over the issue of planes, and the final ruling on the whole matter was decided.

Squadrons:

Nations with less than 500 tech may utilize 'half' squadrons (which would be less than or equal to 6).
Nations with greater than 500 tech may utilize full squadrons (which would be greater than 6 (perhaps cap it at a maximum of 12)).

Max planes vs IG planes.

As soldiers and tanks can be purchased instantly IG this is reflected in RP by capping one's soldiers/tanks a the max level specific to your nation (and applying the soldier *10 multiplier after this). On the other hand, as nukes and ships cannot be purchased instantly IG, this is reflected in RP by capping one's soldiers/tanks at their respective IG level.

The issue of planes has historically fallen into the latter category, however it has done so irrespective to its IG stage: that you can purchase planes instantly. That said, in order to correct this inconsistency one's RP planes are now considered to be capped at your nation specific max level (if you could have 50 or 60 or 105 planes in game, then thats how many half-squadrons/squadrons you could have in RP).
[/quote]

CN wise I think a squadron of gunships would count as 1 plane IG. (Note that a helicopter gunship is one purchasable option under the aircraft purchase section). That is just my personal opinion. I would prefer that it just be more of a common sense thing, as it has never really been a problem in the past. If someone decides to go crazy then we can step in.

Edited by iamthey

Question,

In light of Centurius' re-roll as Athens, I would like to ask the GMs if it is possible to preserve your story line in one country while you re-roll in another country. So in otherwords, I realize I am merged with Subtle, but say I wanted to Re-Roll somewhere else in the world, found that to be a horrible mistake and wanted to return to Australia. Could I do that without having to destroy my entire story line, just give Subtle the command of the nation and all that, while I would be free to RP as another separate country away from the bounds of Australia. But if that country failed, or got horridly boring or something else, to return to Australia and pick up where I left off. Just curious, thanks.

~Sarah

Personally, if it was me I'd just give Subtle the nation with the understanding you could take it back at a later time. That's an understanding between the two of you that preserves your characters and population for later use. Just don't use any of your old bits and piece in your new nation is what I'd suggest.

I mean anything..

seriously.. NOT A thing..

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='31 March 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1270040377' post='2242006']
Personally, if it was me I'd just give Subtle the nation with the understanding you could take it back at a later time. That's an understanding between the two of you that preserves your characters and population for later use. Just don't use any of your old bits and piece in your new nation is what I'd suggest.

I mean anything..

seriously.. NOT A thing..
[/quote]

Wasn't going to...especially considering where I'm going. Thanks Fire, this is probably what I'll do.

With the new conversation ability, I was wondering if PMs could be considered as IC. We already have it set up that IRC conversations in #cnrpic can be considered IC. The system of using PMs for IC discussion will reduce metagaming and make it so that a setup cannot be ruined. Contacting GMs over classified military deployments and other secretive operations could prove useful.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='31 March 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1270101434' post='2243346']
With the new conversation ability, I was wondering if PMs could be considered as IC. We already have it set up that IRC conversations in #cnrpic can be considered IC. The system of using PMs for IC discussion will reduce metagaming and make it so that a setup cannot be ruined. Contacting GMs over classified military deployments and other secretive operations could prove useful.
[/quote]
[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='01 April 2010 - 04:38 AM' timestamp='1270121863' post='2243570']
Anything ought to be considered IC so long as both parties are aware and willing. Note.. AWARE and WILLING...
[/quote]
[quote name='Sargun' date='01 April 2010 - 10:19 AM' timestamp='1270142370' post='2243976']
The reason it works in #cnrpic is because all parties are aware and willing. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]
[/quote]
I have nothing wrong with either of those methods...so long as they get posted in the forum. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img]

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

What are both parties? If Im nation A, and Im working with nation B on something I dont want nation C to know, are A and B knowing fine?

[quote]I have nothing wrong with either of those methods...so long as they get posted in the forum. [/quote]

thats the thing, what if what we are doing, we dont want people to know about because of metagaming?

Edited by Acca Dacca

As far as I am concerned. If it is two leaders/governments communicating, planning, or doing diplomacy its fine.

If it is something like fleet deployments, invasion, attacks, construction or anything else that is concrete then it should be posted.

[quote name='iamthey' date='01 April 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1270187351' post='2245121']
As far as I am concerned. If it is two leaders/governments communicating, planning, or doing diplomacy its fine.

If it is something like fleet deployments, invasion, attacks, construction or anything else that is concrete then it should be posted.
[/quote]

I dunno.. a meeting should be posted on the forums with private tags. Think about it.. how else can someone spy if the meeting isn't posted in public? My mole that I planted in so in so's government can't be used to eavesdrop.

Pretty fine line here about all of this.