The GMs Court

hawk11

I have a question.

In the "Oh hi thar Finland" thread, did I do anything against the rules? I do not believe so.

1. I had all 3 of the characters in question completely in my control, thus, I am not breaking the "No leaders can die" rule because Comrade knew perfectly well they were in a dangerous situation (Aka, in control of my government). They were in a situation where they were their entire lives were under my control, because they were in my prisons.

2. The plane, using a standard turboprop transport, weights about 11,000kg and was going ~370mph, crashing into harbor-depth waters at full speed. We all know that water "Shatters" things going at high speeds that hit them, because of the sudden slowdown, and a human body hitting water at 370mph while metal and fire hits it from behind isn't going to survive.

3. Earlier on he posted "I quit" and only later came back, now I may be wrong about this, but I remember the guidelines saying that means he forfeit all connections to Molakia, meaning it's civilians and leaders. If I'm wrong about this, than I retract this point.

4. I know this has little influence on any decisions, but I DID flip a coin.

I am generally against retcons, but if I honestly did something that broke the rules, then I will concede the point.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly Uber its a respect thing. A person spends a great deal of time creating characters and putting time into shaping them, I could understand the killing of one or even two, but three seems a bit much to completely kill. In addition, I also think for the death of any character you should ask for the other RP for their death. Yes, some of us won't let people die, but at the same time, being imprisoned and all that there should be some concessions reached. What I would like to see at this point is for you and Comrade talk about the characters and possibly letting a few of them live at the moment so that he can continue on with his RP. However, it was perfectly legal and does not have to be rewritten unless both parties agree and while I disagree with it. Nothing is dramatically wrong or illegal.

Honestly Uber its a respect thing. A person spends a great deal of time creating characters and putting time into shaping them, I could understand the killing of one or even two, but three seems a bit much to completely kill. In addition, I also think for the death of any character you should ask for the other RP for their death. Yes, some of us won't let people die, but at the same time, being imprisoned and all that there should be some concessions reached. What I would like to see at this point is for you and Comrade talk about the characters and possibly letting a few of them live at the moment so that he can continue on with his RP. However, it was perfectly legal and does not have to be rewritten unless both parties agree and while I disagree with it. Nothing is dramatically wrong or illegal.

I let several other characters go (aka, his entire parliament and 2 people from the trial, and anyone who wasn't in Kotka when I captured it.), but sure, I'll flip a coin to see if one of them survived, though I can't really understand how. I'll contact AJ later about how to keep a brain alive in a jar or how somebody strapped into a seat could survive such an impact.

Also, I've acted polite the entire time, even when he declared war on me for no reason, personally I believe if there is an issue of respect, Comrade owes me an apology for essentially telling me to "$%&@ off" when I tried to discuss the war OOC. And then we have the fact that he personally sent me a PM declaring, "So be it. Consider all your characters fairgame for retalition". I don't really care if somebody takes a shot at my characters, but what I see here is OOC-motivated aggression. None of my characters (except for the Hyena) had ANYTHING to do with this. There is no reason for anyone to attack them because of the actions of a terrorist group. His declaration is completely OOC and is blurring the IC/OOC line to a point of a RL vendetta. I have acted defensively this entire time, and I intend to continue to act defensively, though I don't take kindly to threats.

Nobody WANTS their characters to die, but IC actions have IC consequences.

I'm mainly bothered by how Comrade is turning this OOC.

The killing of a major character is something that, out of respect for a fellow RPer in the community, should not be done without that person's permission. This is especially when you kill them via airplane crash or any other means in which the RPer that created the character has no way of continuing that major character. This goes for everyone's major characters, even yours. I know you wouldn't like it if someone killed Uberstein right now.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

The killing of a major character is something that, out of respect for a fellow RPer in the community, should not be done without that person's permission. This is especially when you kill them via airplane crash or any other means in which the RPer that created the character has no way of continuing that major character. This goes for everyone's major characters, even yours. I know you wouldn't like it if someone killed Uberstein right now.

Eh, it would mostly just mess up some short term plans I have for him, but nothing major. The man is getting old. :P

And then I have the fun RP of all of his insane nephews fighting for his fortune. :awesome:

But the point is, it was fully within my rights to do this, I broke no rules, though I admit I should have given him maybe 24 hours notice that I was going to flip a coin just to be polite.

Also, I believe it was you that tried to do something much like this before, I remember a diplomat or leader of yours pulling a gun on Uberstein's body double. Or was that someone else, my memory is far from perfect, lol.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Eh, it would mostly just mess up some short term plans I have for him, but nothing major. The man is getting old. :P

And then I have the fun RP of all of his insane nephews fighting for his fortune. :awesome:

But the point is, it was fully within my rights to do this, I broke no rules, though I admit I should have given him maybe 24 hours notice that I was going to flip a coin just to be polite.

Also, I believe it was you that tried to do something much like this before, I remember a diplomat or leader of yours pulling a gun on Uberstein's body double. Or was that someone else, my memory is far from perfect, lol.

I shot the real Uber, you never stated it was a double. :P

I shot the real Uber, you never stated it was a double. :P

Yes, I did, near the beginning of the war, I RPed somebody taking Uberstein's place. The son of Gustafsson (Forgot that guy's first name). Are you really going to try and re-start that argument? *le sigh*

Edited by BaronUberstein

My arguement has been said by several other, respected RPers. Its safe to assume I dont have to add anything. You want to work out a deal? Hop onto IRC or shoot a PM. If your not going to Negotiate, than dont bother. Im going to continue on my merry way with my RPs.

Once again, as unfortunate as this is. The move was legal, it is a very disrespectful move, but given the circumstances of the war and the trial, etc. And the fact that both Comrade and Uber refuse to work together, therefore, without a rewrite, the plane ride happened and the consequences stand as such.

Once again, as unfortunate as this is. The move was legal, it is a very disrespectful move, but given the circumstances of the war and the trial, etc. And the fact that both Comrade and Uber refuse to work together, therefore, without a rewrite, the plane ride happened and the consequences stand as such.

And the "loldoubles"?

I'd like spy rolls on finding someone via triangulation or tracking of their messages.

MolakiaSpyOdds.png

And based on these IC messages:

ComradeMessages.png

I'm going off that I can track where he's sending them from, if it's radio, from triangulation. My government doesn't have internet, just Intranet, meaning it can't be email unless he's in my system.

Thanks. And don't worry, I don't plan to kill them. :P

Also just putting this out there...you want anything and I mean anything that Lynneth, Lavo, or V will ever use in RPs as to robotics, you MUST talk to me, Ty(Californian), or Elrich first.

I already have some robotized walkers (no, not fancy AI). Is this an issue?