The GMs Court

hawk11

It's actually entirely your fault you don't trust anybody in the first place. Nobody can force you to not trust them.

I added more to my post. I can't help it if somebody's OOC actions make them untrustable in my eyes. I'm not going to name names because that would simply create a fight and more anger in the community when I've attempted to simply avoid that. It would be counter-intuitive to suddenly start going after them.

EDIT:

No need to reply to my post here if you feel so compelled, PM's will work fine and not derail the topic.

Wait...I'm asking people to take it to PM's...I've become what I hate! OH GOD! *jumps off bridge*

But seriously, just send me a PM if you feel the urge too complain about my stance. (Compliments work too, I guess, though I doubt I'll get many of those. :P )

Edited by BaronUberstein

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first of all. This Nord stuff has to stop, its not about dividing GMs up to have them represent made up, fictional groups that we make up in our game. Ty was not chosen cause he was a 'Nord' and I was not chosen cause I was 'Anti-Nord' we were picked because we are active players who want to try our hardest to improve this game. Just as Voodoo and Iat are trying to do, Voodoo with the recent tech thread which I thank him for because it takes a lot of pressure off of my chest and the other GMs I'm sure, and Iat with a brand new clean map which will hopefully last longer than 2 weeks. This shouldn't be about Mods, or GMs, or fictional cliques of players, it should be about the community improving itself, making this game more enjoyable to us all. Voodoo and Iat have done this, just as Ty and Elrich have done this. However, VVV has explained that the GMs are not going to be replaced, therefore we move on. However, I am never one to say that people are not able to take this game in to their own hands. The title GM does not make me, or anyone else better than a player, and this should not be used as an ego-trip for anyone. If the Community is happy then I'm happy and I think we're all happy.

Proposals are awesome, debate is awesome, and changes are awesome. But to do these things we have to be able to work together and not begin saying people are unfit to monitor what goes on because of an RP move they made over 3-4 months ago.

The bolded sentences stood out for me. Overall I don't think there should be any GM's, but if we have to have them they should be people who aren't going to let it inflate their egos. That's why I didn’t like the first group of GM's and ultimately why I don’t like the GM position in general. I don’t care who the GM's are as long as they don't ruin cnrp for me.

An added note: I don't distrust people because of IC actions, that would be absurd. I distrust said people because of how I've seen them act OOC.

Right, and doing things IC like making the most oppressive government to ever exist in RP makes me a Commie-Nazi terrible person OOC, and you've seen me do so many OOC things. Your logic is infallible.

But, you can't hear me, so I figure I'll just go be a terrible person elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

In all honesty, Uberstein, you pretty much recognize and not recognize what you choose, so why does who is the GM matter to you? You're ignoring half the people in CNRP, so really, are you a functioning member of the CNRP story, or just someone who advances his nation in the RP and only interacts with a few people, that's Botha mode if I've ever seen it, and I think their opinion should be counted, but should not have any effect on what happens in CNRP, because they don't play CNRP, they just take up space on the map.

That's my opinion, and I don't care if Uberstein reads it or has me on ignore, it's for you guys to read and think about.

Obviously, I overestimated your stubbornness and made an exaggeration, I apologize.

No need to apologize. There are simply people I do not respect due to what I've seen of their OOC side. I've taken several people off my ignore list because they were only ignored for IC reasons, which is bad form, but there are still others who I have on my ignore list because I don't respect them enough to trust them in an RP, and want nothing to do with them.

Speaking of which, I should remove you from my ignore list.

This is a question for the GM's. How do I use spy odds in a spy attack on another nation.

See I have this idea planned where I have a group of "terrorists" really hired mercs to attack one of my airports and kill a large number of civilians before escaping though one of them is shot by the leader and left behind dead. Now I intend this dead merc to be from another nation and then I intend to go further with the RP from there.

Now I have 90% spy odds on the other nation so what effect will that have on me being able to RP an ex-citizen being from their nation and can I rp the ex-citizen by myself or must I get the other person's permission. Be aware I am going for an ex-citizen of that nation not a current one.

This is a question for the GM's. How do I use spy odds in a spy attack on another nation.

See I have this idea planned where I have a group of "terrorists" really hired mercs to attack one of my airports and kill a large number of civilians before escaping though one of them is shot by the leader and left behind dead. Now I intend this dead merc to be from another nation and then I intend to go further with the RP from there.

Now I have 90% spy odds on the other nation so what effect will that have on me being able to RP an ex-citizen being from their nation and can I rp the ex-citizen by myself or must I get the other person's permission. Be aware I am going for an ex-citizen of that nation not a current one.

Modern Warfare 2 much?

First issue:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=73130

This is the accused thread.

The question is be plain simple and clear.

1. Lynneth roleplayed he sent 10 vehicles and 130 men in my territory without noticing me and asking me if there are any kind of border checks or restrictions.

2. Lynneth roleplayed he built missile defense systems in the Vatican, without roleplaying how he managed to transport personnel and equipments in the Vatican - to this point i add the fact Zingara, the nation of Gnost Dural, has no missile defense systems

When i asked him to give me explanation, he said "i don't care", so for the first time in almost 2 years of CNRP - i ask the GMs to take a decision on the issue and find out if his actions go against the rules of roleplay, without roleplaying all the aspects and possible obstacles a convoy might encounter to cross the border Austria-Italy.

I think it should be considered null and void for light godmodding, and due to the fact the nation of Gnost Dural (now Zingara, in Texas), does not own any missile defense systems.

Second Issue:

Transfer of power trought OOC means from Gnost Dural to King Chris

The second issue is the OOC transfer of power between Gnost Dural and King Chris, meaning King Chris will roleplay Pope Benedict in the Vatican, and Gnost Dural will roleplay Texas.

First of all, i made an OOC deal with Gnost Dural - he promised me a 20$ donation, i was surprised, but i accepted (i see nothing bad in it), and i should have smelled it was just an excuse but whatever, it's a game.. i dont care, as long as it bring good roleplay and deep society roleplay to my nation (until it comes to things like the afromentioned thread).

1. Gnost Dural does not roleplay "the Vatican", he roleplays "the Pope", it's different.

2. Gnost Dural made an OOC pact with me, he didn't respect it (not a big deal, i'm not going to call the European Court for that, but i feel disappointed because i got tricked, and fooled). The pact was. You roleplayed the Vatican because i decided to give it to you, if i said no you can't then nothing of that would have never happened.

3. Since the pact was between me and Gnost Dural, and King Chris does not control the Vatican, Gnost dural does not have the ooc authority and permission to transfer this land to King Chris, without King Chris asking my permission.

I will patiently await a verdict from the court. Thank you

First issue:

1. Lynneth roleplayed he sent 10 vehicles and 130 men in my territory without noticing me and asking me if there are any kind of border checks or restrictions.

2. Lynneth roleplayed he built missile defense systems in the Vatican, without roleplaying how he managed to transport personnel and equipments in the Vatican - to this point i add the fact Zingara, the nation of Gnost Dural, has no missile defense systems

When i asked him to give me explanation, he said "i don't care", so for the first time in almost 2 years of CNRP - i ask the GMs to take a decision on the issue and find out if his actions go against the rules of roleplay, without roleplaying all the aspects and possible obstacles a convoy might encounter to cross the border Austria-Italy.

I think it should be considered null and void for light godmodding, and due to the fact the nation of Gnost Dural (now Zingara, in Texas), does not own any missile defense systems.

Second Issue:

Transfer of power trought OOC means from Gnost Dural to King Chris

The second issue is the OOC transfer of power between Gnost Dural and King Chris, meaning King Chris will roleplay Pope Benedict in the Vatican, and Gnost Dural will roleplay Texas.

First of all, i made an OOC deal with Gnost Dural - he promised me a 20$ donation, i was surprised, but i accepted (i see nothing bad in it), and i should have smelled it was just an excuse but whatever, it's a game.. i dont care, as long as it bring good roleplay and deep society roleplay to my nation (until it comes to things like the afromentioned thread).

1. Gnost Dural does not roleplay "the Vatican", he roleplays "the Pope", it's different.

2. Gnost Dural made an OOC pact with me, he didn't respect it (not a big deal, i'm not going to call the European Court for that, but i feel disappointed because i got tricked, and fooled). The pact was. You roleplayed the Vatican because i decided to give it to you, if i said no you can't then nothing of that would have never happened.

3. Since the pact was between me and Gnost Dural, and King Chris does not control the Vatican, Gnost dural does not have the ooc authority and permission to transfer this land to King Chris, without King Chris asking my permission.

I will patiently await a verdict from the court. Thank you

1) Is upto the GM's to decide but number two isn't. As soon as you said Gnost could RP as the vatican it became Gnost's not yours if he then decides to allow King Chris to RP it in place for King Chris' nation then there is nothing you can do about it as you do not control the vatican anymore.

First issue:

I don't care. It's fine by me if that stuff got stopped at the border and sent back. :V

1) Is upto the GM's to decide but number two isn't. As soon as you said Gnost could RP as the vatican it became Gnost's not yours if he then decides to allow King Chris to RP it in place for King Chris' nation then there is nothing you can do about it as you do not control the vatican anymore.

EDIT - sorry i tought you were Gnost Dural

Edited by Junio Borghese

Gnost and KC cannot switch countries for OOC reasons (it's the same as giving each other their lands), and there is no IC reason to switch so the switch should be void in the first place.

Gnost and KC cannot switch countries for OOC reasons (it's the same as giving each other their lands), and there is no IC reason to switch so the switch should be void in the first place.

What do you mean no IC reason for then switch. Its the same characters and same land controlled by two different players.

What do you mean no IC reason for then switch. Its the same characters and same land controlled by two different players.

Because King Chris will now completely change the attitude of the pope against me icly? And this is not fair, this is against the rules of roleplay.

I don't think you people understand how serious are the relations between the Italian Republic, the real one, and the Vatican. The Vatican has all interests to keep good relations with the Italian State, because of economical privileges and several other advantages in financial and political spheres.

Gnost Dural called for realistic roleplay - well, Italy, the one i roleplay here, is a totalitarian fascist dictatorship comparable to North Korea in terms of freedoms.

Only freedom of religion is guaranteed because of the IG and IC connections and alliance between me and Kaiser Martens (who roleplays a Norse country, and that's why Norse and Catholicism are tolerated in Italy). In the Italy i roleplay, Norse religion is the majority because the people have long been influenced and tied with Kaiser Martens, and now i am even part of Nordreich, an IG alliance strongly based on Nordic roots.

All my national roleplays are somehow connected to IG events and statistics, nothing is "random" or "unconnected with IG stats".

Edited by Junio Borghese

Actually, it IS the same land. And to some extent, the characters. He actually turned Texas around in a plausible manner.

I've read his post. In the "time span" between Texas stopped being Texas (see: NOT ANY TIME WHATSOEVER) the economy magically boomed, an entire government magically changed a position to a meritocracy and there was not a single word of complaint or protest? This is an entire flip of a country that is sitting next to another country that would love to see the slightest bit of unrest. This is not plausible.

I've read his post. In the "time span" between Texas stopped being Texas (see: NOT ANY TIME WHATSOEVER) the economy magically boomed, an entire government magically changed a position to a meritocracy and there was not a single word of complaint or protest? This is an entire flip of a country that is sitting next to another country that would love to see the slightest bit of unrest. This is not plausible.

And that bordering country is probably experiencing unrest of its own...we haven;t heard much from Otto.