The Empire recognizes the stat of war with Yamato

The Empire hereby recognizes the state of war recognized and initiated by the state of Yamato against Lu, current member of the Dragon Bloc.

We hereby offer these surrender terms for their acceptance, they will get progressively steeper as Yamato engages in military activity.

1. End this senseless war.

2. Sign a NAP with Lu.

3. Lu and Yamato representatives engaged in the heated exchange which started this mess will apologize to each other for belligerent tone.

4. Yamato drops all land claims to every territory in Asia that it does not already posses and instead seeks tourist access for its citizens to visit the homelands of their ancestory and seeks open border agreement with sovereigns over those domains.

Pretty light and reasonable, aren't they? Imperial Forces and Bloc forces are in a pure defensive stance and shall remain so until Yamato initiates aggression.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Not to act like big here...but can we wait for Sumer to post her acceptance of this? So this doesn't turn into another argument between nations that aren't really involved at the moment. Take your globalization arguments to another thread that you've derailed.

These terms are fair and reasonable. We stand be our DE allies in this time of crisis.

***Classified***

The RN fleets deployed to the DE have arrived and are now commencing operations just outside Yamato's (and Palintine's, to clear up any possible confusion) waters. The fleet will be ensuring that Yamato vessels are not able to reinforce their other holdings and their forces outside their main holdings. The RAF detachments arrived before the RN fleets and are currently on stand-by.

With apologies to Yamato Pax Pacis peace keeping forces have already lifted off, their destination being Yamato itself.

*Classified message to Yamato*

"I apologise for acting without much warning but in the interests of peace and stability I shall be moving a force of peace keepers into your region. Please be aware they will not try to take control or get in your way they are there for your safety just as much as any other. I ask for your assistance and co operation in this matter.

Glorious Aotearoa condemns this attack on your ally, and calls for the Dragon Empire to stand down.

We also call for you to be expelled from the Pax Pacifica on ground of failing to meet the requirements and violating Clause one.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Glorious Aotearoa condemns this attack on your ally, and calls for you to stand down.

We also call for you to be expelled from the Pax Pacifica on ground of failing to meet the requirements and violating Clause one.

"You are referring to the Dragon Empire, we presume?"

OOC: @ Sarah. Sorry. i'll tdo my best to try and avoid that.

RE: Greater Aotearoa

"We haven't attacked anyone yet. We'll stand down when they do. Troops are stationed in Lu and along the east coast for our protection. Navies are along the coastline. That is all. This ball is in Yamato's court."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

RE: Greater Aotearoa

"We haven't attacked anyone yet. We'll stand down when they do. Troops are stationed in Lu and along the east coast for our protection. Navies are along the coastline. That is all. This ball is in Yamato's court."

You are still in violation of Article one of the Pax Pacifica.

Yamato initiated the state of war and there have been no military operations.

No violation.

Yes, Yamato did initiate the state of war with the Lu Empire, and correct, that has not violated the Pax. However, Clause one prevents signatories from initiating states of war with each other, something the Dragon Empire has done to Yamato, so hence, the Dragon Empire is in violation.

"Not true, I only recognized the state of war they declared on our ally, and therefore us by proxy."

We believe that because Yamato declared on Lu, bring the Dragon Empire into the conflict, DE did not initiate the state of war and until DE attacks ('overt military actions'), he has not violated the agreement.

Clause One. Non aggression. Signatories of this pact agree to not initiate states of war nor engage in covert or overt military actions against each other.
Edited by iKrolm

"Not true, I only recognized the state of war they declared on our ally, and therefore us by proxy."

Incorrect. The Dragon Empire and Lu are separate, sovereign nations. There are two states of war here. The one Yamato initiated against Lu, and the one initiated by the Dragon Empire against Yamato.

We do not recognize Yamato having initiated any state of war between itself and the Dragon Empire, as it has only Declared war on Lu. The Dragon Empire, stating the Dragon Block MDP as CB then initiated a state of war with Yamato.

So, either the Dragon Empire is in Violation, or Lu is not a sovereign nation, and actually part of the Dragon Empire, which is the only war Yamato could have initiated the state of war between itself and the Dragon Empire.

Yes, Yamato did initiate the state of war with the Lu Empire, and correct, that has not violated the Pax. However, Clause one prevents signatories from initiating states of war with each other, something the Dragon Empire has done to Yamato, so hence, the Dragon Empire is in violation.

initiate: to begin, set going, or originate

I do not believe that the Dragon Empire has begun a war with Yamato. They are the aggressors.

The Melvin Republic has taken note of the warrantless diplomatic aggression Glorious Aotearoa is partaking in.

initiate: to begin, set going, or originate

I do not believe that the Dragon Empire has begun a war with Yamato. They are the aggressors.

The Melvin Republic has taken note of the warrantless diplomatic aggression Glorious Aotearoa is partaking in.

Before there was no state of war between Yamato and the Dragon Empire. With the announcement there is. Hence, you started it. In defense of an ally, yes, in a defensive manner yes, however, your nation, the Dragon Empire was the one to initiate the state of war between itself and Yamato.