NPO Terms

Starbuck

NPO Terms  

567 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. 6-8 times they've collected? Numerically yes, but you know as well as I do that proportion comes into play when dealing with an alliance with 700-800 members as opposed to one with maybe 200.

2. "Back in '54, popcorn cost a nickel."

"Well, grandpa, clearly popcorn would've been a wise commodity in which to invest back then. Its value has skyrocketed!"

:rolleyes:

So add up all the nations in all those alliances they collected from. I'm sure it will far outscore what nations NPO has left. I'm guessing well over 2000 nations paid 1/8 of what 180 NPO nations are going to be made to pay. C'mon man think.

2. Exactly. You get less popcorn for a nickle today than you did in '54. So if tech costs more today you should get less than you did in '07. That's going by what Karma is saying anyway.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. 6-8 times they've collected? Numerically yes, but you know as well as I do that proportion comes into play when dealing with an alliance with 700-800 members as opposed to one with maybe 200.

You might want to read a couple of posts above you:

And since I've seen it mentioned, I'll also talk about proportionality. That too, depends on what criteria you use to determine proportions; number of nations can be a good one; but you can also use things like difference in days fought, comparing two reparitions cases in terms of relative % of tech sent vs total tech, compare the difference in total infra, or even morality-based indicators such as the aggression I have seen some people invoke. One look at the top two alliances will show that judging by total members alone isn't the best of indicators. Then, you'd also need to take into account any additional rep-related restrictions; such as the number of nations that can or cannot send. This is an even more complex and subjective calculation that the one above, and I would not touch it with a two foot pole.

Also, when are going to compare the tech paid by 190 members to that that has to be paid by 181, I think your criteria fail twice over.

I don't see how Karma is any good. The terms imply Karma has won, but the war is not over. Just because our allies have been beaten down or left us in cowardice doesn't mean we are beaten. Karma preaches how horribly evil the NPO is, yet they want to pimp NPO for money until the end of Cybernations.

What happened to Matt Conrad? I figured he'd want to address this since it flies in the face of his justification for taxing NPO 6-8 times the reps they've collected from their wars combined.

Sorry about that, I was taking care of other matters. Try to not be in such a hurry when I know you miss me :D

Anyways, if you want to talk about NPO taking proportional reps, just look at what happened to Athens. They paid 14k tech when they had 16 total tech. That alone is proportional to NPO's current terms.

Also, people who are feigning moral outrage towards Drostan's post, please stop trying to make out what isn't there. It's becoming sad when anything that remotely points towards RL is now being used as a weapon so people can cry OOC attack. Take a joke for what it is, a joke.

@Letum

Most of your tech has been purchased through tech deals. Your non tech selling nations don't buy most of their tech through non-tech deal methods. This deflates the cost of that tech if you're auditing it's cost by how much the player would buy it for.

Sorry about that, I was taking care of other matters. Try to not be in such a hurry when I know you miss me :D

Anyways, if you want to talk about NPO taking proportional reps, just look at what happened to Athens. They paid 14k tech when they had 16 total tech. That alone is proportional to NPO's current terms.

Also, people who are feigning moral outrage towards Drostan's post, please stop trying to make out what isn't there. It's becoming sad when anything that remotely points towards RL is now being used as a weapon so people can cry OOC attack. Take a joke for what it is, a joke.

@Letum

Most of your tech has been purchased through tech deals. Your non tech selling nations don't buy most of their tech through non-tech deal methods. This deflates the cost of that tech if you're auditing it's cost by how much the player would buy it for.

98.2% sure NPO didn't take the whole 14k tech from Athens.

Also, ohhhh so now the tech isn't worth anything? Nice 180.

98.2% sure NPO didn't take the whole 14k tech from Athens.

Also, ohhhh so now the tech isn't worth anything? Nice 180.

What? When did I say tech isn't worth anything? I was responding to the fact that Letum priced the tech at the price players would pay if they bought tech themselves instead of through tech deals. Add in the proportionality of reps from WoTC alone. While you're right they didn't take all, although most, of the 14k from Athens, they also took a hefty sum from MK and LOST. I can go further with reps from other AA's in previous wars.

What? When did I say tech isn't worth anything? I was responding to the fact that Letum priced the tech at the price players would pay if they bought tech themselves instead of through tech deals. Add in the proportionality of reps from WoTC alone. While you're right they didn't take all, although most, of the 14k from Athens, they also took a hefty sum from MK and LOST. I can go further with reps from other AA's in previous wars.

You should. Add up all the reps from all the nations combined NPO ever took a rep from.

Wait..... we did that already.

Theres all sorts of posts on the OWF about how NPO deserves such harsh terms to be in line with all the evil things we've done.

So heres a list of all those evil things we've done in those evil wars we viciously started.

* First Arctic War - Unknown reparations paid or not paid to NPO

* Citrus War - $500,000 paid to NPO.

* ICSN Debacle - Unknown reparations paid or not paid to NPO

* Second Polar War - No reparations Paid to NPO

* Great War I - No reparations paid.

* Great War II - No repartions paid to NPO.

* Holy War of Farkistan - No reparations paid to NPO

* Great War III - $800,000,000 paid to NPO and pals.

* The Alaskan Folly - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Green Civil War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* NPO-ONOS War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* FAN-WUT War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Great War IV - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Reeducation of Devildogs - No reparations paid to NPO.

* FAN-1V War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Continuum-GPA War - 10,000 technology or $300,000,000 paid to NPO.

* Wolfpack War - 3,600 technology paid to NPO.

* GATO-1V War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Golden Sabres War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* NPO-BDC War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* CIS-1V War - No reparations paid to NPO.

* Great War 5 -

o 500 tech

o 58,000 tech

o 2,000 tech

o 8,000 tech

o Total Great War 5 Reparations = 68,500 Technology.

Total Reparations New Pacific Order Recieved: $800,500,000 and 82,100 Technology.

Karma Terms: $7,000,000,000,000 and 300,000 technology.

Karma demands roughly 8.75x more money than NPO got from her wars,

and

Roughly 3.65x the Technology NPO recieved from her wars.

It amounts to around 800,500,000 (ie under a billion) and around What was it less than 82,100k tech total from probably well over 2000 nations over the course of their existence.

You guys wanna take $7 billion and 300 k tech from 180 members? C'mon your proportionality !@#$%^&* fails Matt.

Edited by magicninja

You should. Add up all the reps from all the nations combined NPO ever took a rep from.

Wait..... we did that already.

It amounts to around 800,500,000 (ie under a billion) and around What was it less than 82,100k tech total from probably well over 2000 nations over the course of their existence.

You guys wanna take $7 billion and 300 k tech from 180 members? C'mon your proportionality !@#$%^&* fails Matt.

I believe that particular chart was addressed quite well in the thread you found it in. Was is Azaghul who showed that that chart is actually missing reps and details? Anyways, someone did. I don't really feel like finding it now since it's pretty late over here, but I might search for it tomorrow if no one else finds it.

I believe that particular chart was addressed quite well in the thread you found it in. Was is Azaghul who showed that that chart is actually missing reps and details? Anyways, someone did. I don't really feel like finding it now since it's pretty late over here, but I might search for it tomorrow if no one else finds it.

Still you would need to find over 2 and a half billion and another 70k tech just to make it half. You aren't gonna find that much man. You know that. You won't find anywhere close to it but I'll remember this for tomorrow.

I would accept peace with NPO if every single member of Pacifica would post an apology on YouTube. I would require no further payments or anything. Just one topic with 707 704 YouTube links in which every single member would sit in front of their webcam to say he/she is sorry for all this.

Still you would need to find over 2 and a half billion and another 70k tech just to make it half. You aren't gonna find that much man. You know that. You won't find anywhere close to it but I'll remember this for tomorrow.

Do I need to make my 13 nukes offer again?

All I want from NPO is an apology for !@#$@#$ up ONOS.

Its this kind of post that annoys the hell out of me. That happened when, about two years ago?. Stop whining about the past and get over it!. Some members of the community probably don't even know who the hell ONOS was. Honestly, sometimes am all in favor of admin just resetting this game.

Its this kind of post that annoys the hell out of me. That happened when, about two years ago?. Stop whining about the past and get over it!. Some members of the community probably don't even know who the hell ONOS was. Honestly, sometimes am all in favor of admin just resetting this game.

I'll remind you to just "get over it" when Pacifica takes their revenge on Karma in two years.

Edited by Martijn

What goes around comes around, right?. ;)

Exactly. CN is a slow game. You shouldn't be suprised or annoyed that alliances retaliate for something months or even years later. That's what you get with a game at a pace of only one tick a day.

Edited by Martijn

We never forget.

I find it incredibly rich for anyone to make such a claim, or at least anyone who truly enjoys being in the alliance they are. To tell someone to get over the unjust and complete destruction of a noble and hardworking alliance is ludicrous.

When you are truly a part of a community nothing hurts more than to see it destroyed. Pacificans would do well to remember this when criticizing Karma and their motives. And if Pacifica wants to be a part of the post-war world, they will have to make these concessions and admit where the alliance as a whole has gone wrong.

Personally, I'll accept nothing less.