RP Time Scale

V The King

RP Time Scale  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Acting under the assumption that RP'ers generally prefer either 3 months = 1 year or 1 month - 1 year, and that the RP time scale came under scrutiny... it's time to vote.

If you do vote, please post a justification, since polls concerning RP get a lot of outside votes.

"Time Scale" usually implies average time passed after a given period of RL time, and is mostly applied to developmental/construction/mobilization/etc. RP. Of course, when it comes to meetings, wars, etc., it's going to run slower. Time scales are not applicable to private RP's.
Edited by V The King

One year playing Cybernations is a long time, I feel like it is more fun and realistic to RP with rapid time progression. It allows neat projects to be built, and fits in nicely with wonders (I don't see any countries getting Internet, Universal Health Care, and a Strategic Defense system completed all in one year). 1 month = 1 year was my vote. I feel like it allows us to fit our rapid style of gameplay into a realistic timeframe.

1m = 1y is the worst system ever made and I will not follow it no matter how you say it, and if you interact with me I will use three months = one year just like I always have. If your defense systems are scheduled to be built in one year and I invade you a month after you start they're one-third done.

1m = 1y is the worst system ever made and I will not follow it no matter how you say it, and if you interact with me I will use three months = one year just like I always have. If your defense systems are scheduled to be built in one year and I invade you a month after you start they're one-third done.

Tell that to Sarah, who RP's according to that scale.

For the record, I've never been a strong advocate for any one system, but i'd say one month=1 year is the one I'm most in favor of.

One year playing Cybernations is a long time, I feel like it is more fun and realistic to RP with rapid time progression. It allows neat projects to be built, and fits in nicely with wonders (I don't see any countries getting Internet, Universal Health Care, and a Strategic Defense system completed all in one year). 1 month = 1 year was my vote. I feel like it allows us to fit our rapid style of gameplay into a realistic timeframe.

I agree with sir jesus on this. I find 1month=1year to be the better scale.

Sorry, Sargun. <3

No fixed time scale. Don't need to argue about it because the current way works, and as long as no one tries to do something really dumb (i.e. a RP year in a RL week), then we won't need to worry about this.

I agree with you.

Wait, my character grew one year older in the RP while sitting in a boat waiting for DeSchaine to get done with RL and pay attention to his imaginary one?! Something I've learnt over the years in other RPs and here also...

In RPs, whether we declare it as something or not, time not only flows at different rates at different RL times, it is also non-linear and also non-singular... there can be two or more timelines accidentally that merge back together later on in apparent contradictions and five years will pass by for one nation while another details out minutes of characters life. You can't force my characters to age or change nor can I force yours... time just doesn't pass like that in the RP world. In the end, we each have timelines which we perceive on each story as we come to them. You can't logically force this on people the idea of a time-scale in CNRP is silly and I nor anyone else would follow it. No matter how hard you want it.

"Time Scale" usually implies average time passed after a given period of RL time, and is mostly applied to developmental/construction/mobilization/etc. RP. Of course, when it comes to meetings, wars, etc., it's going to run slower.

I voted 1 RL month= 1 RP year, but I think that shoud only apply if there is more than one RPer in an RP, or if it is an open RP. If it is closed or just your writing, you should be able to do it at your own pace.

I voted 1 RL month= 1 RP year, but I think that shoud only apply if there is more than one RPer in an RP, or if it is an open RP. If it is closed or just your writing, you should be able to do it at your own pace.

Well remembered, time scales do not apply to private RP's, of course.

Tell that to Sarah, who RP's according to that scale.

For the record, I've never been a strong advocate for any one system, but i'd say one month=1 year is the one I'm most in favor of.

I did tell it to Sarah, and that means every time Sarah and Hiley go on a date she's three years younger.

I agree with sir jesus on this. I find 1month=1year to be the better scale.

Sorry, Sargun. <3

You're also a silly kraut. <3

lolarkantos (no real reason for this)