Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Take your time. Besides it is a slow season in RP.

OOC: Especially considering that the new school seasons are starting all over the US. And I'm sure in many other countries.

IC: "I am told that Promised Land flew its flags at half-mast upon receiving word of Maelstrom's death." The representative looked solemn himself.

"With the secession of some of our members, the rosters for public offices has been reshuffled and normally elected seats temporarily have become appointments of the executor. The appointments were made based on the known preferences of council members. If there are no objections, the new placements shall be ratified." Tidus noted. (See the New Dragon Empire Constitution Link in my sig for new govt structure.)

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The recent events threaten to bring Asia to the brink of war.

Chernorussia has been accused of spying on the Haruhiist Empire.

However that we believe is not a region where we have interests or influences.

We have a situation quite closer to home.

A senior government functionary of Lu Empire has died in a helicopter crash and Lu Empire has been accusing the People's Republic of China of shooting down the said helicopter. Both nations have deployed troops to forward areas further exacerbating the tensions in the region.

Both nations were once part of Dragon Empire and once seceded have not maintained any Mutual Defense treaties with us. Moreover Lu Empire is now part of the Asiatic Unity Pact.

Given the circumstances the Kingdom of Cochin advocates we make statement tentatively supporting the People's Republic of China pending corroborative results from an impartial investigation of the crash.

We seek the opinion from the other members of Dragon Empire Triumvirate.

Edited by king of cochin

Amyante stepped into the room housing the Imperial Congress, flanked by Dragonisian guards. She took a deep breath at being in a place she'd never thought to have visited, but as a member of both the Bloc as well as a founding member of the AUP, it seemed the circumstances allowed it. Tidus gave her a nod telling her she was cleared to speak, and she coughed softly before stepping forward to the microphone where she would be heard by the nations making up the Dragon Empire

- "Good evening, representatives of the Dragon Empire. I stand before you today as a representative of the Asiatic Unity Pact, due to Chairman Tidus' proposal for the Dragon Empire to join the AUP. To my knowledge there are no objections to your membership. However, there is a small matter that needs to be discussed before the actual voting process can begin. While the Dragon Empire is composed out of several nations they have merged into one, making them both one nation and several. Legislatively, we can only assign one voting slot to the Empire as a whole as per the 'one nation, one vote' policy of the AUP. These would need to be discussed prior to the actual application if it causes any issues, and you are all of course free to ask questions prior to placing your votes."

Folding her hands in front of her, she looked across the room to see if anyone would be taking her up on her offer, occasionally glancing at the voting board to check up on how the proposal was holding up.

Tidus chuckled faintly, "That was actually already expected, at least by me, I doubt any other in here would have it any other way. We are one nation. One vote is appropriate."

"Dragonisia also moves we recognize a state of war with Chernorussia given their treatment of foreign diplomats.. in support of our neighbors in Buryatia."

"With votes of 2/3 of membership in favor of these motions, they go forward and we are now at war with Chernorussia in support of Buryatia and will grant any assistance they need, although we doubt it will be needed any request will not be rescinded and the state of war will remain in effect until Buryatia recognizes peace with Chernorussia."

"We will petition the AUP for membership immediately."

One of Megan's Aide comes into the Congress, he left a letter and left immediately. The letter read-

Leaders of the Empire,

Recently the Lu Empire has fallen, and they have left quite a bit of space on the world map. The leaders of the People's Republic wishing to unite more regions have started moving troops into the Provinces of Sichuan and Shaanxi and Muncipality of Chongqing. These are geographically close to us and we wish this annexation to be peaceful. The rest of the lands, we do not wish to have a say in and the Empire may do what it wants with it.

Regards,

Megan Fox

Deputy Premier of People's Republic of China.

Yuan Zhi Wei bowed after he entered the room. "As you may or may not know, I was the former Emperor of Hae Da Fung. Due to the pendant that was given to me at Maelstrom's funeral, I have decided it is now time to return to the world stage.

And so I humbly request the former Hae Da Fung Tibetian lands back under the Hae Da Fung banner. Thank you." He bowed again and awaited a response.

The Kingdom of Cochin welcomes Hae Da Fung back as the government of Tibet. We thank Hae da Fung for the assurance regarding our bases and strategic assets established in Tibet.

The various military and police units are being readied for withdrawal. We hope that HDF would integrate the civil service and local government system we have established in the Tibet. That would guarantee the jobs of many civil service employees, policemen, firemen and other providers of civic services.

One of Megan's Aide comes into the Congress, he left a letter and left immediately. The letter read-

Leaders of the Empire,

Recently the Lu Empire has fallen, and they have left quite a bit of space on the world map. The leaders of the People's Republic wishing to unite more regions have started moving troops into the Provinces of Sichuan and Shaanxi and Muncipality of Chongqing. These are geographically close to us and we wish this annexation to be peaceful. The rest of the lands, we do not wish to have a say in and the Empire may do what it wants with it.

Regards,

Megan Fox

Deputy Premier of People's Republic of China.

One addendum, Chongquing was not part of Lu Empire, but is part of Melvin Republic, it will be retained by MR as will all MR claims.

Apology to the Empire

Earlier today few map makers in the PRC mistakenly placed Sichuan and Chongqing a part of Lu Empire instead of the Melvin Republic. We apoligize for this and we have pulled out all the forces in these provinces as well as 13,000 Prisoners of War from the Lu Empire. We instead wish to annex Gansu, an old province of the Corporation and since its fall the Lu Empire. We are willing to send reperations to the Melvin Republic because of our costly error. 

Megan Fox

"It was an honest mistake.. even the congress had overlooked the maps initially. I see no problem with ceding Gansu as an alternative as it currently lies in a state of chaos with the collapse of Lu, but I'll leave that decision up to Cochin since it is in their protectorate zone."