Grizz Goose's beer reviews

Per the terms of the IRON peace agreement, several members of IRON's gov are required to review 5 beers for me. I figured instead of posting all of the beer reviews at once, I'd just post them as they came in.

This is the first review from Grizz Goose. Very well done, and I can't wait to see the rest of the reviews. The only downside is that I'm thirsty for a good beer now, though.

Pyramid Snow Cap

snow_cap.jpg

A seasonal ale that is available between October and January. It is a deep mahogany colored beer with a smooth refreshing texture. The 7% Alcohol by volume beverage will fill you with holiday cheer. It goes great with your fresh killed game (great with Deer or Elk) or just to sip while watching the snowfall. Smells and tastes of sweet, medium toasted bready grains, spicy hops, a bit of brown sugar. A very drinkable beverage with a creamy, medium body. Definitely worth a try.

Dundee Wheat Honey

dundee-honey-brown-glass.jpg

It poured a light amber color with a finger of white head. The aroma had a sweetness to it that was a bit hard to point out. For the taste a slight honey flavor. The smell has a nice crisp wheat taste with a bit of honey, along with a tad of a hop smell also. Taste has a good balance to it. There is a crisp wheat flavor with a slight touch of honey, tasty but not overpowering. There is a good tinge of hop taste as well, but it yields to the wheat flavor. The 4.5% alcohol by volume is just right for your leisurely BBQ or picnic.

Ropewalk Amber Ale

2996507346_4ea2133c44.jpg

Amber in color with a sweet flavor. This brew you can taste the malt in it. This is a refreshing beer for summer days sitting by the pool or relaxing and watching the sun set. This is a beer I recommend drinking cold, once it warms up the flavor seems to change some and it is not as delectable. This is a 5.5% alcohol by volume that is a tasty treat for the evenings.

Summer Honey

4358.jpg

4.7% alcohol by volume brew flavored with Montana honey. This like the Honey Wheat beer, has a light amber color and is kissed with honey. A great beer for summer days sitting on the porch or cook’n up some grub. Crisp taste and refreshing feel. A delightful beer when you are looking for one that is not very heavy.

Chili Beer

296798134_76a9778bd7.jpg

If you have never heard of it its for a couple reasons. 1 it is hard to find they do not produce much of it, they say “We drink all we can and sell the rest” 2 Could be too hot for the weak. There is a pepper floating in the bottle. Open it and you smell rancid chili. It looks like a micro brew, yellow in color and there is no head on the beer. You take a drink, its kind of sweet but then a fiery burn sets in. The taste is as you would expect from a micro brew, but with a jalapeño taste to it. A good beer to dare someone to drink but I would not buy it again nor do I recommend it, except to say you have drank it.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jalapenos in beer sounds absolutely repulsive. Whoever made that should feel bad, and you should feel bad for drinking it. :gag:
[13:45] <+Ominae[Fark]> the whole thing with the chili brew

[13:45] <+Ominae[Fark]> is that alcohol opens up pores

[13:45] <+Ominae[Fark]> and makes the effect of capsaicin that much more potent

Jalapenos in beer sounds absolutely repulsive. Whoever made that should feel bad, and you should feel bad for drinking it. :gag:

It's worse than you think.

Oh god, west coast beer. :blink: Honey beer is so ... ungh, whose idea was that?

I do miss west coast cider though.

Do they even have those on the West Coast yet? I think I've only seen them in Philly on a regular basis in the past year or so (its brewed in Killington Vermont, I think).

ooc-

South Burlington actually. I don't know if they've made it all the way out there. I've been drinking them here in upstate NY for quite some time and I am utterly spoiled.

Bacon > beer

I'm about to sign a mutual aggression treaty with Slayer99

It's worse than you think.

Oh god, west coast beer. :blink: Honey beer is so ... ungh, whose idea was that?

I do miss west coast cider though.

Being a Grizz I like Honey so a honey brew is just an added bonus.

And West Coast FTW!!!

This is the first review from Grizz Goose. Very well done, and I can't wait to see the rest of the reviews. The only downside is that I'm thirsty for a good beer now, though.

I'd like to thank Goose for this report, though, as many others have already pointed out, the rest of my day will be filled with illusions of beer, hops and waterfowl alike.

I'd like to see some Magic Hat brews featured.

One of my favorites, though I've grown quite fond of Brooklyn Brewery as of late. Their IPA is quite bold if you're in the mood.

Also, if you're into the fruity stuff, the Sam Adams Blackberry Witbier isn't half bad either. My $.02 :awesome: