Planet Express has landed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck with Defcon 2.0 Zoom.

Yeah this really isn't DefCon 2.0. None of us were even around for DefCon's founding not to mention it is 4/100 members and a fraction of our former NS.

I wouldn't exactly call that a reunion party. DefCon is my past and everyone elses.

We're not attempting any reformation whatsoever. It just happens to be convenient that a friendship blossomed from our DefCon days and we kept in contact.

I would just like to make that clear to anyone else thinking it.

Heh, I've considered creating an alliance called Planet Express for years now. It's great to see a Futurama-themed alliance in the Cyberverse.

I wish you the best of luck.

I was always unsure whether Vanguard was futurama based due to your former sigs. Thanks for the well wishes

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

Good News everyone, you are now reading this pleasant topic in the voice of Hubert J. Fanrsworth.

The moment i read Good News. lol

Interesting....So Nemesis aren't "able to sign protectorates due to their charter" but this is acceptable....hmmmm fun stuff

Well, I've learned a lot after this thread, it has opened my eyes....it really has.

Oh, we're sorry, we were told by someone that you were leaving the game... Pardon us for not having correct information.

Grats Zoom, keep in touch

I hail this as one of the portents of the second coming!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/reviews/8092758.stm

Futurama to make return on US TV

Animated comedy Futurama is to return to US TV screens with 26 new episodes - seven years after it was axed by Fox.

They will air in 2010 on cable network Comedy Central, which shows repeats and previously commissioned four specials.

Futurama tells the story of pizza delivery boy Philip Fry, who was cryogenically frozen at the end of 1999 before being defrosted in 2999.

Creators Matt Groening and David X Cohen said they were "excited and amazed" the show was returning.

'Passionate fans'

The show, which follows the space-age adventures of Fry, his love interest Turanga Leela, and Bender - a cigar smoking misanthropic robot - originally ran on Fox between 1999 and 2003.

The popularity of the repeats of the 72 original episodes - bought from Fox in 2006 - as well as strong DVD sales for the four feature-length specials have led to the resurrection.

Groening, who also created The Simpsons, said: "We're thrilled Futurama is coming back.

"We now have only 25,766 episodes to make before we catch up with Bender and Fry in the year 3000."

Comedy Central's David Bernath said there remained "a deep and passionate fan base for this intelligent and very funny show that matches perfectly with our audience".

"It's fantastic that we can add brand new instalments of Leela, Fry and Bender's adventures to our existing library," he added.

In 2005, Fox resurrected another animated comedy, Family Guy, which it had cancelled in 2002.

I suggest all of you whom wish to see their favourite series return to our screens to go to nemesis's members and ask them to go create an alliance in that format!

(only kidding, Hoo would kill me).

Yeah this really isn't DefCon 2.0. None of us were even around for DefCon's founding not to mention it is 4/100 members and a fraction of our former NS.

I wouldn't exactly call that a reunion party. DefCon is my past and everyone elses.

We're not attempting any reformation whatsoever. It just happens to be convenient that a friendship blossomed from our DefCon days and we kept in contact.

I would just like to make that clear to anyone else thinking it.

so you're Defcon 2.0?