Sileathonomics

Sileath

The OP is attempting to fix a shortcoming that, so far as I can tell, all alliance have with regards to their nations growth. It's the first time I've seen someone make an attempt at fixing it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP is attempting to fix a shortcoming that, so far as I can tell, all alliance have with regards to their nations growth. It's the first time I've seen someone make an attempt at fixing it.

For him it's not about "fixing" so much as making a name for himself. His first attempt at institutionalizing this comedy didn't go over so well when he tried to compel compliance when he had no actual capacity to do so.

And this is an alliance here, that has legal channels for coup'ing folk.

Upper class (situational based - needs WRC) with a DRA would do two 3/50s (four slots) aid one nation and receive 50 tech from a tech banker

Upper class (situation based - needs WRC) without a DRA would do one 3/50 (one slot), aid two nations and receive 100 tech from tech bankers

Wow under your system I'd -never- get a DRA. Seriously. Send out more money for the same amount of tech?

That is horrible for growth. Especially when 3mil/150 tech is considered cheap.

For Bourgeoisie nations (I am one of those) the profit from a 3/100 tech deal would roughly be the cost of one day of bills with 5 Labor Camps.

That is not optimal use of alliance resources.

Upper class (situational based - needs WRC) with a DRA would do two 3/50s (four slots) aid one nation and receive 50 tech from a tech banker

Upper class (situation based - needs WRC) without a DRA would do one 3/50 (one slot), aid two nations and receive 100 tech from tech bankers

Upper class (merit based - already has WRC) with a DRA would do one 3/50 (two slots) aid two nations and receive 100 tech from tech bankers

Upper class (merit based - already has WRC) without a DRA would do one 3/50 (two slots) aid two nations and receive 50 tech from a tech banker

So based on each of those specific classifications, what would be the monthly intake of tech and outflow of cash. (Month = 4 Cycles/5 - 6 Slots Pending On DRA)

I just want to know the theoretical monthly figure if it's done correctly.

For Bourgeoisie nations (I am one of those) the profit from a 3/100 tech deal would roughly be the cost of one day of bills with 5 Labor Camps.

That is not optimal use of alliance resources.

I buy tech, and I am within your range. My collection pays for 2 days worth of bills. How would Sileathonomics benefit me more, when what I have been doing has been working just fine?

Edited by Voodoo Nova

So based on each of those specific classifications, what would be the monthly intake of tech and outflow of cash. (Month = 4 Cycles/5 - 6 Slots Pending On DRA)

I just want to know the theoretical monthly figure if it's done correctly.

150 tech in, $9 million out -> 600 tech in, $36 million out

100 tech in, $9 million out x 2, 150 tech in, $6 million out x 2 -> 500 tech in, $30 million out

Upper class (merit based - already has WRC) with a DRA would do one 3/50 (two slots) aid two nations and receive 100 tech from tech bankers

150 tech in, $9 million out -> 600 tech in, $36 million out

Upper class (merit based - already has WRC) without a DRA would do one 3/50 (two slots) aid two nations and receive 50 tech from a tech banker

100 tech in, $9 million out -> 400 tech in, $36 million out

Edited by Sileath

I buy tech, and I am within your range. My collection pays for 2 days worth of bills. How would Sileathonomics benefit me more, when what I have been doing has been working just fine?

Purchasing tech at your level stunts your growth. You only need 870 tech (assume 900) for WRC, which can be accomplished through 18 3/50 deals, which would take 9 cycles (2 months) if you did two per cycle. This assumes that noone will tech bank for you.

You still need the Pentagon to be eligible for WRC, and that's not including having 8,500 infrastructure, for which you might want to have Interstate System. You will also likely want to get Manhattan Project first as well.

Your best option, due to the technology you already have, is to sled as much as possible, take temporary economic trades when you collect, and kick down 3 mil for a social mobility aid program when possible so the nations who go through it will be most likely to want to tech bank for you when they ascend to bourgeoisie. Use the profits from the sled to purchase additional wonders and infrastructure.

Your post isn't very clear and I'm not really sure I understand it.

It sounds like some kind of scheme which includes nations tech for longer in exchange for getting tech back later. That's something I've been doing with good results in MK for a while.

You should not be getting a DRA before a WRC anyway, which is why the situational based aiding is set up like that.

Okay, this is where this whole line of conversation ends.

Your argument is now "you should not be getting something which helps your tech grow faster before getting a massively tech-dependent wonder."

Your argument is now "you should not be getting something which helps your tech grow faster before getting a massively tech-dependent wonder."

Not to mention that tech isn't useful just for getting a WRC. A WRC is useful because it massively increases the usefulness of tech.

6K tech + WRC > 6K tech + no WRC > 2K tech + WRC

Getting tech for a WRC is putting the cart before the horse.

Edited by Azaghul

CN is not a peaceful world. If I wanted people to get the WRC as quickly as possible, I would have them forgo obtaining a MP first, but militarily that is not realistic.

Not to mention that tech isn't useful just for getting a WRC. A WRC is useful because it massively increases the usefulness of tech.

This is why tech bankers exist. It's more important for a nation with 5k tech to get up to 6k tech than it is for a nation with 500 tech to get up to 1500 tech.

Actually, it takes so long to get all that tech that it would be advantageous to start it's accumulation ahead of time.

This is why tech bankers exist. It's more important for a nation with 5k tech to get up to 6k tech than it is for a nation with 500 tech to get up to 1500 tech.

And I presume this is the purpose of the system. To target tech growth where it is more advantageous?

Actually, it takes so long to get all that tech that it would be advantageous to start it's accumulation ahead of time.

That's 125 tech per cycle. Times four, that's 600 tech per cycle, so 3.5 months to get the tech for WRC.

Since a nation becomes upper class after their third econ wonder..

SM -> SSS -> NRL -> MP -> GT -> SDI -> IS -> WRC

I threw in SDI because it's a good wonder to have.

Regardless, they have plenty of time to get the tech.

SM -> SSS -> NRL -> MP -> GT -> SDI -> IS -> WRC

Where's the pentagon?

And do you really think that a nation will get to 8,500 infra within 8 months of their first wonder purchase after spending 100m on an MP and 75m on an SDI?