Re: Valhalla

I would like to thank our opponents for showing honor and class, and also for being one ~@#& of a good time. If it were possible to buy ever one of you a pint of ale, I would. I tip my hat to you.

$%&@! Should have remembered the ale reps, how could neither Sceptor nor myself think of this D:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the lack of tech extortion does not make these terms the equivalent of white peace. their treaties are suspended, and, not the importance of this next one, they are allowed no external aid. that means torn, among others, cannot assist them in rebuilding for three months. that is a term that borders on being harsh and potentially extends towards cruelty, depending largely on the general financial status of valhalla.

there is a whole lot more to white peace than the lack of extortion, and i am sad to see many people ignorant of that.

Valhalla has been bragging about having massive warchests and being able to keep up the war for a while. They can use that money to rebuild the nations that need help. Plus, having limited nukes and navy is going to help them grow as it lowers their bills. This basically translates into: "Any amount of money Valhalla makes is directly put into ... Valhalla".

It may not be white peace but it sure it ain't as harsh as some would have liked. Those terms are pretty lenient, to be honest.

Valhalla has been bragging about having massive warchests and being able to keep up the war for a while. They can use that money to rebuild the nations that need help. Plus, having limited nukes and navy is going to help them grow as it lowers their bills. This basically translates into: "Any amount of money Valhalla makes is directly put into ... Valhalla".

It may not be white peace but it sure it ain't as harsh as some would have liked. Those terms are pretty lenient, to be honest.

and i agree that these terms are far more merciful than i think anyone expected, and that is respectable. i am just pointing out that this is not white peace.

It kinda is.

not really, white peace is when both sides just walk away. i.e. it's a draw, no winner or loser.

In this case, we've surrendered i.e. we're admitting we lost

The terms are far from unfair; but they are terms, not a white peace.

No that you wont accept the change and will continue to harbor ill will regardless. I have not sniped at you or STA yet you will take any oppurtunity to do so no matter what we do. I look forward to the day you eat your words.

Won't accept change? What exactly are you basing this on? You've shown no signs of having changed. Sure, your members have said you've learned your lesson plenty of times but anyone could just as easily claim they have grown fairy wings and flown to the moon. Believe me, if you could actually change and stop acting like dicks no one would be more happy than I but until you support your claims with actions I'll remain a cynic.

First to the loudmouth valhalla members. I just really hope that your opinion is not the one of the general membership in valhalla. Trying to spin this to a win because you were let of easy sickens me.

Neneko, I believe that with 2 .gov and 2 ex-.gov all posting to those individuals "STFU you are being an $@!" pretty clearly indicates that it not only isnt condoned but is viewed as rude and incorrect.

@Valhallan's- Get a grip! We fought a good fight but we lost. We had fun and THAT is the ONLY point to be making in this thread.

I was going to reply to defend my position on what a white peace is, but really this isn't my fight so I'll just leave the thread. I'm sure someone else connected to this directly will pick up my last thought.

You all have a good day :awesome:

Harsh terms meant to cripple them would have never been accepted by the general memership

I already mentioned this, but there is little more infuriating to me than alliances giving out terms they would never accept themselves. What kind of thought process goes into that?

I already mentioned this, but there is little more infuriating to me than alliances giving out terms they would never accept themselves. What kind of thought process goes into that?

The same thought process that has generated almost 50 pages....

@Valhallan's- Get a grip! We fought a good fight but we lost. We had fun and THAT is the ONLY point to be making in this thread.

o/ chefjoe

o/ to peace and a long prosperous future.

not really, white peace is when both sides just walk away. i.e. it's a draw, no winner or loser.

In this case, we've surrendered i.e. we're admitting we lost

The terms are far from unfair; but they are terms, not a white peace.

remove the bolded section and you have what is generally accepted as white peace. it may or may not be the case that it is considered a draw; often, there is a winner and a loser, and sometimes one party simply decides to leave a war with no stipulations whatsoever when it is clear they are not needed (i believe nso did this). the basis of white peace is that no party has any stipulations beyond not re-entering the war and, usually, an admission of defeat. anything as much as an apology beyond that is not white peace, and the terms given to valhalla most certainly are not.

Considering the sheer volume of commentary, I suspect that that could have been directed to "@Everyone" and still contained a completely accurate summary of the original posting.

Unfortunately, I've now added to the growing morass myself.

Morons? Trolls? Hypocrisy? Whining? Tough guy acts? Lies?

Plus you missed

bitterness, anger, revenge, grudges and hate.

Humanities finest emotions.....

Also before you try, no im not saying I am not prey to all of the above too.

Hence why I answered bzelger the way I did ;)

Plus you missed

bitterness, anger, revenge, grudges and hate.

Humanities finest emotions.....

Also before you try, no im not saying I am not prey to all of the above too.

Hence why I answered bzelger the way I did ;)

I wasn't going to try anything. For the first time in my life, I was actually trying to joke with a Valhallan. I guess I'll just go back to hating you.