Siberian Tiger Alliance Announcement

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You certainly pick a fairly weak and hypocritical topic to rail against.

I am a hypocrite...how? I would really, really love to hear this. I think my record is pretty good when I was MoFA of IRON, but if you could kindly point out to me how I was somehow hypocritical during my tenure as MoFA, please by all means...

You really are doing a masterful job spinning and controlling this conversation, Tyga. Bravo.

It's a war and you have to back your allies, no one is questioning that. However all I was saying was that it would have been nice if White on White violence had been avoided. Aqua has had similar situations before, most recently when NATO (the only Aqua alliance that entered for tC) attacked the Internationale, a member of Power Rangers with TAB and allies of the allies of many Aqua alliances. But even though NATO was such an outlier, no Aqua alliance hit them. NATO also did not attack any Aqua alliances after they hit NATO's MDP partners. It is possible, Tyga, the question is whether it's something you want to try.

And at that, my deluded ramblings are tired. Good night, Tyga.

That is not what you said at all. You stated avoiding white-on-white conflict was not possible for the STA. Where is the white-on-white conflict involving the STA? Enlighten me. Last I looked, the STA was not at war and Molon Labe and DOOM, who we fought up until a few days ago, were not white team alliances.

No, you decided to take a potshot at the STA based on your own fantasies and I called you on it. You tell me where the STA violated the SNOW treaty and then I'll concede the point.

If I wanted to violate the SNOW treaty or wanted to devalue it then the STA would have gone to war with TPF via our MDP with the New Sith Order. Yes, TPF attacked our allies and you are pointing the finger at the STA!

As it turns out, we honoured the SNOW treaty and then followed the withdrawal procedure to the letter. No, I went far and above that and spoke to TOOL who administrate SNOW before I informed anyone else on the SNOW forum of our intent to leave SNOW.

To the detriment of our allied we honoured SNOW and you have the gall to try and paint the STA as the ones pushing for white-on-white conflict. Laughable.

However all I was saying was that it would have been nice if White on White violence had been avoided.

Could you link me to our DoW against another SNOW signatory? You seem to know things about my alliance that I don't.

I should add that anyone suggesting that the STA is in any way 'dishonorable' is way off the mark.

I'll agree. STA is doing the honorable thing in cancelling before considering any attacks.

They also raise a valid argument that it is unfair to expect them to abide by a principle now that was not extended to them in the last war.

That doesn't mean however that inter-white violence doesn't hurt the sphere and isn't something we should all work to avoid in the future. If they feel this is something they need to do for this war then perhaps at least White can agree to see if we can put such violence behind us after.

That is not what you said at all. You stated avoiding white-on-white conflict was not possible for the STA. Where is the white-on-white conflict involving the STA? Enlighten me. Last I looked, the STA was not at war and Molon Labe and DOOM, who we fought up until a few days ago, were not white team alliances.

No, you decided to take a potshot at the STA based on your own fantasies and I called you on it. You tell me where the STA violated the SNOW treaty and then I'll concede the point.

If I wanted to violate the SNOW treaty or wanted to devalue it then the STA would have gone to war with TPF via our MDP with the New Sith Order. Yes, TPF attacked our allies and you are pointing the finger at the STA!

As it turns out, we honoured the SNOW treaty and then followed the withdrawal procedure to the letter. No, I went far and above that and spoke to TOOL who administrate SNOW before I informed anyone else on the SNOW forum of our intent to leave SNOW.

To the detriment of our allied we honoured SNOW and you have the gall to try and paint the STA as the ones pushing for white-on-white conflict. Laughable.

I would have just said, "Your tears are delicious, now show me why you're crying them," but you said it much more diplomatically.

Hey, at least you don't have to tolerate us any more. ^_^

Edit: Also, there is no white on white violence going on. Save your outrage until it's needed.

The start of this conversation implied that it was coming, I figured that I'd strike while the moral indignation was hot. Or maybe I just had another deluded rambling come on. ;)

And while you're enjoying throwing my words back on me, don't forget the part where I said that I don't like or hate STA, I just hadn't had the chance to get to know them.

In practice, the cancellation means very little for Zenith. If an STA nation has a combo I need, I'll trade with them and possibly send aid for a harbor. We don't discriminate based on alliances for trades. We are all in this (on White) together. But is there really anything wrong with wanting a treaty that says that and not liking it when neighbors fight neighbors?

Edited by Duncan King

MK declared on TPF...

Our treaty obligations are defensive. The moment someone declares on MK (like, say ML) we will help them. But we have stated before to our allies that we will not declare offensively with them.

Edit: DOOM never declared on MK, my bad.

Edited by Jyrinx

Treaties get stretched and bent all the time. Sometimes they even get enacted as the result of an action that hasn't even happened yet.

You'd think if STA was going to use our mutual defense pact to enter our war with you aggressively they'd have done it when you were still capable of putting up a meaningful fight.

In practice, the cancellation means very little for Zenith. If an STA nation has a combo I need, I'll trade with them and possibly send aid for a harbor. We don't discriminate based on alliances for trades. We are all in this (on White) together. But is there really anything wrong with wanting a treaty that says that and not liking it when neighbors fight neighbors?

so SNOW is worthless?

either way you roll the die, good decision here STA.

That comment was a little more 'directed' than perhaps it seemed.

Also, I was just funnin with ya for Old Tymes sake. I'm not really expectin anything.

Excellent. All is ready for the surprise Tiger Pounce. B)

I don't think Tyga would attack TPF. He's not underhanded, he probably felt this decision was neccessary. And hey if he felt it was neccessary then we're not one to question his motives. Good luck to both parties, I hope you guys find an amicable solution to make up on the white sphere.

The start of this conversation implied that it was coming, I figured that I'd strike while the moral indignation was hot. Or maybe I just had another deluded rambling come on. ;)

The latter. :P

And while you're enjoying throwing my words back on me, don't forget the part where I said that I don't like or hate STA, I just hadn't had the chance to get to know them.

I don't see anyone question that.

I don't see anywhere in my announcement that said we would not trade with other alliances. We did before SNOW and we will after we have left SNOW.

No one on white seemed to care when white was actually attacking white last year.

You'd think if STA was going to use our mutual defense pact to enter our war with you aggressively they'd have done it when you were still capable of putting up a meaningful fight.

You may have missed my response to Tyga on this. It's a few posts above yours. That comment was not directed at STA or MK. I should not have expected you to understand. I apologize.

If you read the OP more carefully I think you might find that you're mistaken.

I wasn't in the channel for that bit. Very diplomatic of you though.

There is nothing wrong with it, as long as it doesn't conflict with more pressing obligations. We didn't leave because we objected to the nature of the treaty. It was simply an unfortunate necessity.