Northern Republic Movements & News

Californian

Today Grøenlandia has started construction of its inland border defenses. These placements used to not be necessary, however due to changing times the decision was made to build fortifications. Minefields, dragonsteeth, and Czech hedgehogs are being built and positioned, as are a serious of bunkers and other fortifications. The government has acknowledged it will release more information later on these defenses. There has also been a rumor of a new defensive called 'RAGE', however we have no details to confirm or deny this...

*Classified*

We have begun building RAGE (Retractable Armored Gun Emplacements). Here is a basic diagram and specifications:

ge1x.png

ge2h.png

When retracted, it is essentially impossible to detect. As can be seen, it has heavy armor and is extremely difficult to destroy.

+Armament

Thanks to designs provided by the GGE, we have started to manufacture the following:

- HEM (High Explosive - Modified) Rounds: Used as a heavy armor piercing round

- DPICM (Extended Range Dual Purpose Improved Conventional Munition) Round: Unleashes 100 anti personal and light armor bomblets in a 20 meter radius.

All armament has been modified to fit in the 16in barrel and has an approx range of 50 km. It takes ~6 men to man each one of these, ~4 rounds per minute, and takes 5 minute to move upwards, and 5 minute to fully retract.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: With the effort your using to design this thing, you're better just building a missile silo which can pop-up, do some multi-rocket launch action, and pop back down to reload...

OOC: Thank you for the technical input.

IC:

*Classified (Very Secrit)*

With war approaching, we have put the RAGE system on hold. We fear it will only take away valuable time, resources, and manpower which we currently require.

We are now at DEFCON 2. 100,000 Border Guard have been called up and are heading to the border, with more reserve forces ready and mobilized. All troops carry white camouflage, munitions, and G36 Assault Rifles. These troops have lived in the snow their entire lives and are some of the best snow fighters in the world. Along with these troops the following have been dispatched to the border defenses:

-1000 of our MBT, the Leopard2, with white camouflage.

-1250 of our heavy artillery, the SdKfz 124 Wespel Self Propelled Howitzer.

-Around 15 squadrons of our fighter aircraft, the Lu-65 Eagle

In addition, civilians have been given mandatory time off their job to help build Grøenlandia's border defenses. Landmines, dragonsteeth, and Czech hedgehogs have been erected as a first line of defense and fortifications, bunkers, and anti-aircraft batteries are also being built. Surface-to-air missiles are being distributed amongst all fortifications, especially near the border.

Much of the coast with strategic value has been mined. This includes thermite mines and Orca Mines (developed by GGE) which can be temporarily deactivated by a Grøenlandia ship.

Below is a rough outline of the defenses (some information is not accurate/available due to security):

nk5prep.png

Orange = mines, etc. Green = defensive fortifications Black = Major bunker/base Yellow= Main Flak batteries Blue = mines

We have also refurbished bunkers in cities and are distributing gas masks and iodine tablets to all civilians.

*End Classified*

The FR of Grøenlandia has begun mobilizing because of what appears to be a possible outbreak of war. Being a newly formed Republic next to one of the largest communist nations actively spreading its horrid disease is unfortunate, however our freedom and values shall not waver.

I must reiterate we have no intention of launching any offensive strikes. We fully support the NC's doctrine of peace and are only preparing to defend ourselves. We will not give up our country easily and it shall shine red with the blood of us and our enemies before it is given up.

Edited by Californian

OOC: I did move my army, see here.

However:

1. Where did your fortifications come from so suddenly? Your borders stretch through half the island, even my economy would have problems building that stuff so quickly.

2. How did you find out that I'm actually moving forces into your direction? Greenland is huge, and I specifically mentioned using camouflage and you did not say anything about finding me.

Answer those please. Otherwise, I'm gonna call metagaming.

Edited by Lynneth

However:

1. Where did your fortifications come from so suddenly? Your borders stretch through half the island, even my economy would have problems building that stuff so quickly.

2. How did you find out that I'm actually moving forces into your direction? Greenland is huge, and I specifically mentioned using camouflage and you did not say anything about finding me.

OOC: Because you're an enemy of his, and he sees you as a threat maybe?

Edited by VinceSixx

OOC: Because you're an enemy of his, and he sees you as a threat maybe?

OOC: So because a neighbor would be a threat I can suddenly see him while it is noted he uses camouflage and I can suddenly place fortifications which would make even a modern nation bankrupt in such a short time frame :rolleyes: .

OOC: Lynneth is a part of the TEC. the TEC is in a state of war with the NC, and by proxy, Canada would be in a state of war with Grøenlandia. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

OOC: Wrong Lynneth applied for Observer state he isn't TEC

OOC: That still doesn't face the issue of building all of that instantly.

WWII with cheaper materials and slave labor took 2 years to build the Atlantic wall, how exactly are you building things to modern standards on a line almost just as long in an instant?

OOC: True, it will take some time to build everything, but the fact that he is defending himself against another nation that is not allied to him can be explained in many different ways.

However:

OOC:

1. No where did I say they were completed. I said we have begun building them.

2. I am part of the NC and we are in a state of war at the moment. Of course I will be mobilizing my troops and strengthening my defenses. You have taken an unfavorable view with the NC many times and are communist. We are part of the NC and are a republic who dislikes communists. Should be fairly obvious why we are building defenses, etc.

Anyways I don't know if you were referring to the speech my leader gave about Canada knocking at our doorsteps, but you do realize it's just propaganda to motivate my people, right? And Uberstein, I realize that, but once again its just propaganda, of course my top generals are going to call my troops some of the best soldiers.

OOC: True, it will take some time to build everything, but the fact that he is defending himself against another nation that is not allied to him can be explained in many different ways.

OOC: It doesn't matter how you can explain it when the real reason is metagaming.

OOC: Thank you for the technical input.

IC:

*Classified (Very Secrit)*

With war approaching, we have put the RAGE system on hold. We fear it will only take away valuable time, resources, and manpower which we currently require.

We are now at DEFCON 2. 100,000 Border Guard have been called up and are heading to the border, with more reserve forces ready and mobilized. All troops carry white camouflage, munitions, and G36 Assault Rifles. These troops have lived in the snow their entire lives and are some of the best snow fighters in the world. Along with these troops the following have been dispatched to the border defenses:

-1000 of our MBT, the Leopard2, with white camouflage.

-1250 of our heavy artillery, the SdKfz 124 Wespel Self Propelled Howitzer.

-Around 15 squadrons of our fighter aircraft, the Lu-65 Eagle

In addition, civilians have been given mandatory time off their job to help build Grøenlandia's border defenses. Landmines, dragonsteeth, and Czech hedgehogs have been erected as a first line of defense and fortifications, bunkers, and anti-aircraft batteries are also being built. Surface-to-air missiles are being distributed amongst all fortifications, especially near the border.

Much of the coast with strategic value has been mined. This includes thermite mines and Orca Mines (developed by GGE) which can be temporarily deactivated by a Grøenlandia ship.

Below is a rough outline of the defenses (some information is not accurate/available due to security):

nk5prep.png

Orange = mines, etc. Green = defensive fortifications Black = Major bunker/base Yellow= Main Flak batteries Blue = mines

We have also refurbished bunkers in cities and are distributing gas masks and iodine tablets to all civilians.

*End Classified*

The FR of Grøenlandia has begun mobilizing because of what appears to be a possible outbreak of war. We see Canadian troops practically knocking at our doorstep and we are alarmed, to say the least. Being a newly formed Republic next to one of the largest communist nations actively spreading its horrid disease is unfortunate, however our freedom and values shall not waver.

I must reiterate we have no intention of launching any offensive strikes. We fully support the NC's doctrine of peace and are only preparing to defend ourselves. We will not give up our country easily and it shall shine red with the blood of us and our enemies before it is given up.

Anyone can easily tell that Canada is doing nothing wrong. It's obvious to everyone around the world that Canada is merely conducting routine military exercises. We're surprised a nation of the NC would be so startled by wide scale military exercises, especially considering the NC's affinity for staging military exercises so close to their peaceful neighbor's borders. Silly northern people, your comedic approach to foreign and domestic policy continues to amuse us all.

OOC: lol so many bitter tears.

Satellite intel is indeed a beautiful thing.

Edited by Malatose

OOC: And he specifically used camouflage against satellites.

Learn to read please.

camoflauge against satellites? umm, how exactly is he doing this? because regardless a satellite will pick up the extra traffic and logistics activity.

camoflauge against satellites? umm, how exactly is he doing this? because regardless a satellite will pick up the extra traffic and logistics activity.

OOC: Tags please, also while they will notice some activity when the tanks and Soldiers look the same as their environment I dare you to find them.