Cowardice or Something Else? Maybe a little Support for them.

Rajistani

Alright many people are saying NPOs allies quit on them because they are cowards. Now after a bit of thinking, and getting some sleep, I don't think this is the case.

Here is a link containing the stat breakdown IF they (IRON n CO) had honored their treaties.

A few notes:

- Instead of calculating Karma (since noone is sure how many of them there actually are, and who will chain MDPs etc.), I just subtracted everyone that WOULDN'T be on their "side" (neutrals, allies of NPO, unaligned etc.). I used that total as the Max Karma could ever become.

- I put Gramlins as ones who would NOT attack NPO, because I am sure they take their commitment to MHA seriously, and we have all seen MHAs stance.

- I removed alliances that recently canceled some treaties on NPO, since they cannot attack, as it would be bandwaggoning. I am assuming noone wants to war MHA and Gramlins. Harmlins.

- I am assuming NONE of IRON/TPFs/GGAs/Valhallas etc. allies will help them.

EDIT: Alright well my point is they aren't cowards because they got the strength to win potentially... they must be leaving for another reason. what reason is that, is what im asking.

Edit2: Obviously it's that its a ploy. (after those released logs)

<potato> you do have a point: NPO's allies didn't bail on them

<Rajistani|IDC> im awesome

<potato> I wouldn't go that far

Edited by Rajistani

All this information is public, of course, so why did IRON and Co. cancel on NPO, on a war they WOULD HAVE won?

Because they have never had to fight a coalition so determined, united, or statistically strong. They are used to sending their targets into diplomatic isolation. Well guess what? All these Karma alliances met up in diplomatic isolation and decided to return stronger for it.

Yea dude, saying they would have won is a little far fetched in my opinion. If Karma was so worried, they wouldn't be so upset these alliances ditched the NPO, or 'supposedly ditched' them - They'd be happy. Happy they wouldn't be pounded, but no, you don't see that do you? I don't. They wanted a fight. They were determined. They would have won, though my assumption is like yours: we wont know till their allies come back.

Edited by Ejayrazz

as i said in another thread before it got locked, is that was 1V and Q alliances approached about NPO going to war with OV. i believe though have read through most topics because of the spam. but if IRON and co. didnt receive word about OV why should they feel obligated to defend in a war that NPO began :/ Treaties work that NPO should notify them before dragging them into a war.

They had more valid reasons for canceling than what they chose to convey. Apparently private channels mentality kind of went too far here. I trust that a more thorough announcement, one way or another, will be forthcoming.

Ummm.... here's your own numbers, back atcha.

Karma 100% (By your estimation): 271,252,158 NS: 47,043 nukes

Karma 50%: 135,626,079: 23,521.5 nukes

Hegemony MAX With Coalition of Cowardice (CoC): 79,971,536: 13,197 nukes

I sincerely doubt Karma would ever have reached that 100% mark, but they would not be as low as the 50% (which you labeled MAX on your spreadsheet in the final analysis). Also, the nukes will likely be more than halfway between the two numbers, as micro-alliances wouldn't have access to them.

I'll give you the average NS point, but that is all. Even with 50% strength, Karma would almost double the nukes of the Hegemony. With only 15 million more overall NS, Karma would double Hegemony in that category as well. And 15 million is small potatoes when you're talking the entire game.

The CoC is aptly named.

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by Bellisus

Because they have never had to fight a coalition so determined, united, or statistically strong. They are used to sending their targets into diplomatic isolation. Well guess what? All these Karma alliances met up in diplomatic isolation and decided to return stronger for it.

As my breakdown shows, you are not statistically stronger than them. As the post above this one (Heft's) suggests, there must be other reasons. And while I do empathize with your position, you do realize that you were in "diplomatic isolation" because you defended your allies. Allies do wrong things, and we defend them anyways, we may not be allies with them afterwards, but during the conflict we honor our signature, because in this world, and the real one, our word is all we have.

Yea dude, saying they would have won is a little far fetched in my opinion. If Karma was so worried, they wouldn't be so upset these alliances ditched the NPO, or 'supposedly ditched' them - They'd be happy. Happy they wouldn't be pounded, but no, you don't see that do you? I don't. They wanted a fight. They were determined. They would have won, though my assumption is like yours: we wont know till their allies come back.

No one can be sure who would have "won." It would be close in the beginning, just like UJW was. It would come down to who held more weight in their allies eyes, which way the propaganda swinged, and, most importantly, the activity of the average member in these alliances. Even if the smaller alliances have the numbers to overwhelm the giants, the giants have experience, and banking systems to fuel a large scale war. You cannot say the same for the smaller alliances.

as i said in another thread before it got locked, is that was 1V and Q alliances approached about NPO going to war with OV. i believe though have read through most topics because of the spam. but if IRON and co. didnt receive word about OV why should they feel obligated to defend in a war that NPO began :/ Treaties work that NPO should notify them before dragging them into a war.

TORN isn't in 1V. And that is true, NPO did notify them. Everyone was in those private channels, Q members, STA members, TOP members, VE members (by members i mean leadership)

Ummm.... here's your own numbers, back atcha.

Karma 100% (By your estimation): 271,252,158 NS: 47,043 nukes

Karma 50%: 135,626,079: 23,521.5 nukes

Hegemony MAX With Coalition of Cowardice (CoC): 79,971,536: 13,197 nukes

I sincerely doubt Karma would ever have reached that 100% mark, but they would not be as low as the 50% (which you labeled MAX on your spreadsheet in the final analysis). Also, the nukes will likely be more than halfway between the two numbers, as micro-alliances wouldn't have access to them.

I'll give you the average NS point, but that is all. Even with 50% strength, Karma would almost double the nukes of the Hegemony. With only 15 million more overall NS, Karma would double Hegemony in that category as well. And 15 million is small potatoes when you're talking the entire game.

The CoC is aptly named.

EDIT: Spelling

I took 50% because those numbers are ALL the nations that aren't on either side. As stated in the notes, this means I am including alliances like RDD or Alpha Omega and EVERY protectorate (or insert any random alliance with no direct ties to anyone), and every small allaince with only a few people, and all those people who fly a 1 man affiliation because they don't want to get raided

Edit: Sorry for double post.

Edit 2: Micro alliances do have nukes. Look at CoMA (Coalition of Micro Alliances), none of them will be involved in this conflict, but I added them on the "Karma" side, since we dont have a definite on who would do what. I also added SPARTA to the Karma side, even though they would side on the fence if anything since they have many ties to both sides, and their close allie, MHA, is sitting on the side.

Edited by Rajistani

They had more valid reasons for canceling than what they chose to convey. Apparently private channels mentality kind of went too far here. I trust that a more thorough announcement, one way or another, will be forthcoming.

This. I have faith they'll explain soon.

If all The Hegemony finally joins at update, they will be near in score to the karma side, maybe something like 2vs3 for Karma at the end :P, thats fightable, also if The Hegemony go to a nuke war (I remember the picture with The Hegemony stats with more than 25K nukes) they will destroy almost all the Karma side even if they finally loose the war (25k now + those purchased to replace the launched ones)

Most of the people here seems to be thinking that a coalition with enought nukes to destroy almost all planet bob :P will be easily defeated.

If all The Hegemony finally joins at update, they will be near in score to the karma side, maybe something like 2vs3 for Karma at the end :P, thats fightable, also if The Hegemony go to a nuke war (I remember the picture with The Hegemony stats with more than 25K nukes) they will destroy almost all the Karma side even if they finally loose the war (25k now + those purchased to replace the launched ones)

Most of the people here seems to be thinking that a coalition with enought nukes to destroy almost all planet bob :P will be easily defeated.

My best case scenario is highiest NS in the gam eis 10k NS. :D

He and 3 of his friends are going rogue in defence of NPO. This makes him important.

It does make him important, we need the help of our friends in these dark times, and who are you again?

Edited by James Dahl

He and 3 of his friends are going rogue in defence of NPO. This makes him important.

I have a treaty. I think you are confusing me for someone else.

Anyways that has nothing to do with the topic. I made the stats, thoughts.

Edited by Rajistani