You know you've overdosed on CN when...

jaaku

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a game that was designed to take 5 minutes a day, takes up nearly your entire Sunday to catch up on the week's news within your alliance forum. Wouldn't trade if for the world. LOVE this game!

You were there when he designed it?

When it's your 5 year anniversary with your wife yesterday and you adjust celebration plans around CN so that you can be online at midnight update FOR A WAR THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!!

You could just take down the war system the week of your anniversary.

When you create elaborate back stories for some of your close CN friends in the hope of persuading your RL friends you're not a nerd and actually know the people you've been skyping with for the past 3 hours.

lol my friends have questioned by participation the Polaris' private channel. I just brush it off as old friends from school because I don't feel like explaining anything.

When you stay up to 6am cause you cant sleep thinking about CN

When you start up an internet radio station that broadcasts talk shows revolving around in game politics...................

When you stay up to listen that alk show and miss school the next day because you dident wake up

When you use some of your limited vacation time for work to do CN stuff.

When you realize some days you spend just as much time doing your CN job and your RL job.

When you are thinking about real life diplomatic situations, and you think to yourself that you could do a better job than is being done because your a MoFA.

When your friends know that you're not really going to bed early, you're ditching them because something is going on in CN.

Edited by Great Lakes Union

Whenever I email or something, I always have to take care not to sign it with "-Bama". I think I've done it a few times, actually.

Once in history class, my teacher said something along the lines of "Britain ascended to world power status through an unjust system of colonial oppression", and I thought to myself... BRITAIN ASCENDS BY THE UNJUST PATH!!! (old UJW-era meme)

-Bama

EDIT: Oh, and at church once, I almost said "Continuum" instead of "Communion".

Edited by BamaBuc

When you create elaborate back stories for some of your close CN friends in the hope of persuading your RL friends you're not a nerd and actually know the people you've been skyping with for the past 3 hours.

I knew I heard voices in the background last time we talked!

1. When you hear someone say "woo" in real life and you yell out "Woo for Yawoo!" and everyone turns to look at you.

2. When you try to recruit half of your Residence Hall (dorm) wing into playing CN and are sad at only being able to convert 6/30

3. When you sign your name as "Yawoo" on a Medieval History Midterm... and then realize it right before you hand it to your Professor.

4. When you start using "NO U" as a legitimate comeback to an insult in RL

5. When you actually quote prices on custom flags in order to see if you could afford buying one with your alliance's image on it.

6. When you can carry on conversations with RL people and use CN as legitimate references.

7. When you've had more than one dream about CN.

7a. When you've woken yourself up saying "I'LL ZI YOU FIRST!" and then realize you aren't actually at war with anyone, and haven't been for months...

8. When RL friends have referred to you as your CN name in the past, and you've replied in character.

4. When you start using "NO U" as a legitimate comeback to an insult in RL

I heard "NO U" used long before CN. A good decade, as a matter of fact. :P

However, CN brought it back into my vocabulary after an at least 8-year hiatus :ph34r: