Democracy, Communism, or a little of both?

JimmyChang

In all the alliances there are in the world of Bob, many have different forms of how they run. Some run on one leader for their entire duration, or untill the leader decides to resign. Some of them have monthly elections to see who will get what position.

My question is: Which would you prefer in an alliance: Democracy, Facism, Communism, or a mix of all in some way. Explain why you would choose or not choose this type of govenment

Gotta keep to the "one-person-rule" strategy, at least until you get alot of active members. Here's why:

- Got only a few members? Chances are, there's probably not enough spots anyways...

- Got enough members for gov? What about the elections? It's going to be 1-5 people voting. Can somebody say, reverse dictatorship? :awesome:

- If in the event some idiot gets elected into office, you're all screwed. See George Bush for an example.

- Smaller groups need to rely on more decision-efficient government structures than democracy. Taking several days to decide if to attack an aggressive 3-man alliance, for example, puts more valuable resources, money, and time than someone saying "attack this guy" with good intentions.

- Government members work best when there's connections between the members IMO. If a leader and his head gov work one way and all like it, then here comes some other guy who runs things all differently and screws up the effective way of getting things done that the old group did...and etc.

Basically, dictatorships aren't the most beautiful stereotype, but they're the most effective government systems for "teams" of alliances. ;)

Democracy.

I hate the idea of "xxx is Emperor for life". It's partly why I joined ACF. They have 3 rulers, and get voted in by the alliance. No position is eternal. But if we all love our High Council so much, we can vote them as many terms as we want, which is cool and appealing. But Communism I don't like one bit. Facism is... well... I don't know much about it, but nothing is as appealing as Democracy to me.

I would prefer a stable leadership instead of one dictated at the whims of democratic procedures.

Ultimately, even the most autocratic alliances are democratic since all members can vote with their feet and leave if they are not happy with the leadership.

I really don't get this, and I think the fact that you made this thread pretty much proves that you really don't know about how these alliances actually work; it's absurd to make you pick between communist and democratic alliances considering that all communist alliances we have here are basically based on direct, participatory democratic model while ideology is just glitter around the core idea.

I really don't get this, and I think the fact that you made this thread pretty much proves that you really don't know about how these alliances actually work; it's absurd to make you pick between communist and democratic alliances considering that all communist alliances we have here are basically based on direct, participatory democratic model while ideology is just glitter around the core idea.

True. The most democratic alliances that I've seen have been "commie" alliances.

I would prefer a stable leadership instead of one dictated at the whims of democratic procedures.

Ultimately, even the most autocratic alliances are democratic since all members can vote with their feet and leave if they are not happy with the leadership.

Except in GGA. :awesome:

Also, Communism and Democracy aren't opposing political systems...

To be honest, I think the fact that you made the reply to this person who 'really doesnt know how alliances actually work' is quite bias, since 1) I was only asking for an opinion, not a dis. and 2) I have been in an alliance for more than 2 months now and I am a regular active member. Im not saying this means thatI know EVERYTHING about alliances, I just know that im not clueless.

Except in GGA. :awesome:

Also, Communism and Democracy aren't opposing political systems...

I never said they were or were not ;)

I personally like a meritocracy with a mix in of democracy.

Find a good group of people, start up an alliance. Start out with 2-3 guys as head honchos, call em whatever. They appoint ministers based on merit and experience. Every 3 months have an election for one of the head honcho's seats.

Simple, effective, very strong, shouldn't be a problem with power politics. Problem is, its hard to find really good people that know their stuff to fill the positions. And then you'll always have the regular members that whine and complain about lack of democracy.

My question is: Which would you prefer in an alliance: Democracy, Facism, Communism, or a mix of all in some way. Explain why you would choose or not choose this type of govenment

Agreed with bilrow

And also, Communism has never successfully been implemented in the modern world of Bob that I can recall. Even the Commies have free enterprise.

every alliance needs a Parliament style thing as well for your members to voice their opinion

Or to keep them content with the belief that they can voice their opinion

To be honest, I think the fact that you made the reply to this person who 'really doesnt know how alliances actually work' is quite bias, since 1) I was only asking for an opinion, not a dis. and 2) I have been in an alliance for more than 2 months now and I am a regular active member. Im not saying this means thatI know EVERYTHING about alliances, I just know that im not clueless.

Nice to see that you decided not to actually address my point instead of somewhat irrelevant observations. My argument stands still, you can't make people to make decision between communism and democracy, when democracy is a way to run the alliance, followed by basically all communist alliances around, while communism itself is just a theme, like ancient Greece, imperial Germany or Mongolian nationalism.

Fascism/Monarchy mixed with democracy, ruler leads forever, other positions are elected, and every alliance needs a Parliament style thing as well for your members to voice their opinion.

^^^^^ what i agree with