Paying for Trade

Timeline

Hello everyone

Well i wanted to know if anyone had rules to this, as i know some people pay for trade, me i pay up to 3m for the trade i want, how ever i have not yet been bitten, so i guess i am kind of lucky that way.

What are your views on if someone takes your money then within 28 days stop the trade.

My view on what people should ask for when paying for trade

1) Once trade have been paid for its for life.

2) If a trade is stopped no warning

2a) By the seller, he has to repay the full amount he was given for the trade plus any rep's the stopping of the trade may cause, failing to do so can be counted as an act of war.

2b) By the Buyer, He has no reason to do so how ever if he do then thats his right, no extra money or reps are to be paid

3) If the trade is stooped with 28 days warning

3a) By the seller, once the warning is given the seller have 28 days to repay what he was paid for the trade

3b) The buyer, do not have to give warning

4) If the trade is stopped within 3 months

4a) The seller, it the trade is stopped within 3 months he will need to pay back all the amount given to him plus any reps within 7 days failing to do so will be an act of war.

4b) The buyer can stop the trade as and when he wish.

I'd say this this would be better served on another board, but I'll leave that for the mods to deal with.

No amount of money is worth a "trade for life". A very long time perhaps, but forever is unrealistic to the nature of the game.

Nations might need different resources at different phases of their life cycle.

A new nation can really use resources that discount the 3 primary growth factors of land, infra, and tech. An older nation has no use for tech discounts as no matter the discount to purchase through your nation it is simply cheaper to buy it. That older nation needs resources that boost the number of taxpayers and reduce the daily maintenance costs.

Furthermore, nations in alliances play certain roles, like banker or squad leader. Those types of nations can use other resource sets as best choices. But they may end up changing roles a few months later. Let's also remember that nations and sometimes whole alliances move to different team colors as well.

The game is very fluid. To expect permanent stability in a trade is unrealistic. If you pay a startup nation 3M and you get six months then I'd say you got your money's worth. More like 3 months for a midsized nation. If they want to back out much earlier then ask for a prorated amount back and take in the considerations on why they want to drop the trade. Yes, I would get mad if I paid 3M and the guy dropped me within a couple weeks. But those kind of players are pretty rare. A quick note to one of their alliance leaders tends to fix the problem quickly.

The smaller nations I trade with know I make more than the maximum aid gift every day. I let them bug me every couple of months for a handout and think nothing of it. Imo, if the extra money gets them to stay in the game longer then the money was well spent.

28 days? I'd say the amount you gave would not cover longer than that anyway. If someone accepts a monthly trade aid and cancels after a week, then they'd get a visit from Mr Tank. If you want a specific agreement, ask your trade partners to sign a treaty with you first. Or move to a better colour like Green <_<

I never pay for trades, a while back I got kind of desperate as 4 people cancelled on me within 48 hours and I had been putting of collecting for 12 days already, but besides that event I never even considered it. And with my cattle and oil I don't have the best resources available or anything.

28 days? I'd say the amount you gave would not cover longer than that anyway. If someone accepts a monthly trade aid and cancels after a week, then they'd get a visit from Mr Tank. If you want a specific agreement, ask your trade partners to sign a treaty with you first. Or move to a better colour like Green <_<

I have never had problems of that level with trades as 80% of my trades are with friends :P, this was a general question

I just paid 3M for temp trades with people to help them out and to infra jump, it was well worth it. I'm also presently paying someone for a uranium/rubber trade that supplemented my infra jump and to help me finish nuking up. So really, it's best if you're going to pay for the trade, agree upon the terms of the trade first.

Hell, I had someone from MK decline my money/temp trade proposal because they thought I wouldn't be making that much money if I jumped from 4999 infra, they thought they were doing me a favor. :rolleyes: That guy was out 3M dollars because he was stupid.

trades are aalways up to the nations. If the nation wants to end the trade it is his choice. It would be respectful to give warning and offer to repay. Going to war over a trade is not the way to go though. If you pay that much for a trade you better know the person you made it with will keep it

I've never paid for trades, well not exactly, I've been it two trade circles, in my second one now, when my first one fell apart, I formed my second one with a slightly different set. I like my trade circles to be inalliance or with good friends, so as Director of Recruitment at FEAR, I just recruited new nations that had the resources I wanted, and gave them money to buy enough infra to get 1k citizens and to buy a harbor, then had all of them trade with eachother and the circle was formed. I never plan on paying for a trade, now I would pay for a trade circle.

If you plan on paying for trades, write up a set of terms and make sure you have screenies of the deal and the acceptance of the terms. That way you have proof that the nation committed an "Act of War" (assuming you have an article about violations of these terms = AoW) against you and can either force a return of your money, get clearance from the individual's alliance to DoW him, or both, depending on circumstances.

It's your own responsibility to ensure you have the proper documentation of terms for trade payment.

I never pay for trades. Instead I will make a deal where I will pay 3 days of my trading partners bills if I am the one to cancel the trade so they can have enough time to find a new trading partner and make a profit at the same time.

Edited by Drai