A Ragnarok Anouncement

o/ RoK

o/ NATO

Sometimes relationships need a little time to regrow. I look forward to it.

And let's leave it at that.

Being that I've worked with SpiderJ in RokGov and gotten to know Wentworth from our trade ring...

Your both acting like jerks! You both have your points and insults but please don't turn this thread into a Flame fest :(

I like both SpiderJ and Wentworth, do you guys have some kind of bad blood or did this just spontaneously erupt?

Come on Planet Bob, cut NATO some slack, they were our protectors once.

Even if Great War whatever comes tomorrow and were on 2 different sides of the line, don't expect us to be throwing blows

In fact this whole "War is coming" thing is over rated.

*sighs*

o/ NATO

o/ Rok

o/ Aqua :wub:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course ACV rings a bell. They were a wonderful ally who at a time had a misguided leader. Surely someone such as yourself should have sense the sarcasm in my reply to your backhanded compliment.

Misguided, I agree. He was misguided when he put in motion a treaty with a certain ally. He was even more misguided when he signed it. His biggest blunder was trusting someone who dealt in diplomatic doubletalk, backstabbing and dishonor.

iClean was a great leader and a great man. Don't you DARE demean my former Commanding Officer. It was a mistake for you to have received any medal from the ACV besides the metal from our weapons. Don't think we forgot why the Armed Coalition of Valor, your "wondeful ally" isn't around anymore.

(OOC: This post reflects my own personal opinion and not necessarily that of my alliance.)

Would it make any difference if I told no NATO members to post here? Sorry to RoK for letting you down and for letting relations slip. I'm going to explain it all below and nobody should be blamed for anything that happened but me. Gen_Lee has earned our respect and admiration and I hope this is a new beginning. Message me with any questions.

We downgraded the treaty after initially agreeing to cancel it but then talked it out more and realized that NATO (me here, in this case) was too wrapped up and angry about an exchange between me and Hoo in a thread that had nothing to do with either of us.

How it happened:

• I get hurt and angry, given everything that we've done for Ragnarok, that Van Hoo would come out harsh against NATO (mistake, never do anything based on emotion, I accept that)
  • I messaged wentworth that I would like our treaty renamed because if that's how a former Emperor feels about us his name has no place on the title, but wasn't very clear
  • Wentworth talks to Gen_Lee, it goes badly, turns into a cancellation
  • The next day I climb on IRC and we talk it out with GL, explain and apologize. We talk about pausing the cancellation period.
  • RoK graciously decides to forgive our string of blunders and not cancel, just downgrade to the starting point and talk more.
  • This thread is posted, people are posting angry stuff, some who want war to start, others who want to defend themselves against things rational people would do themselves, and a nice SJ back and forth.

SpiderJesus, I know you love a good war and have thanked me privately (and publicly if I remember correctly), for providing one to you with NoV. Thanks for quoting my PM to you and pointing out that I would love to have you around if you left RoK, you are an entertaining person and good to talk to about whatever. But please don't pick us as a match, we have no interest in starting any fires right now. You've seen me gathering timber and oil, my hands are clean at the moment. We just want to keep growing, like we have been doing since we reached our low point.

Buffy and Pansy, I love you guys.

/ooc: Going to bed, sorry if I offended everyone, just pretty much done

Keep clearing the air like that and I'm going to make you an honorary Vox memer. Nice to know why the cancellation we heard about didn't come.

Good job, Spider, I hated Kuru's $@! to Hell, but I've had no idea all this time.

MDAP, Balder.

Me too.

The treaty we see here today is more a warning light on the console to both alliances. It highlights very clearly to us both that we have let a good thing go, over time. Treaties, friendships and any other relationship, requires nurture, from all partners. We have, us and NATO, failed in this. However, this failure need not be the end. It can also be a start to an altogether new understanding. That is what needs to be looked at.

It is always a bit sad to see treaties fall by the side when the governments of alliances change. It should remind us that a true bond is formed when the communities as a whole interact and interface, not just the leaders. If it is just the leaders, then the bond cannot, in most cases, survive the changes in leadership when and not if it comes to pass. This, of course, does not excuse the fact that we both failed at making it work. A lapse we are looking to fix in the future, hence a downgrade instead of a cancellation, mutually accepted.

Excellent post, a very well written, accuarate and constructive observation.