The Return and the Struggle

Iotupa

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is rather ironic, too; those that employ these OOC tools are also usually the first to have their jowls flapping in righteous indignation over anything that could be construed as an 'OOC attack'.

This can't be quoted enough as its the elephant in the room nobody will talk about.

NSO would take you, though I am not sure if that's what you're looking for.
Due to several incidents where nations have provided incorrect information on their application and/or outright lied in order to gain aid from our Bank I have decided to readdress the issue of accepting ZI, PZI or EZI nations.

Those that have already been accepted and been honest are welcome to stay and I wish them well in their efforts to get off the lists so that they can fully contribute to the alliance.

But from this point forward, in the interests of the safety of the whole alliance, I am going to place a moratorium on the accepting of nations in ZI status of any kind.

Any nation found to be lying on their application about this issue will be subject to being added to our own list.

http://newsithorder.info/boards/index.php?topic=597.0

This can't be quoted enough as its the elephant in the room nobody will talk about.

I talk about it, but most people don't.

I fully agree with your assessment here. Those who protest the loudest against OOC attacks perform OOC attacks themselves.

I talk about it, but most people don't.

I fully agree with your assessment here. Those who protest the loudest against OOC attacks perform OOC attacks themselves.

I was hasty with my words - NOT ENOUGH would have been closer to my meaning. And you clearly do deserve credit for voicing the topic.

Again any specific examples?

Its a myth, a rumor, a boogyman. The only know example of someone being tracked and attacked because of their IP address was when Starfox and Vox attacked Count De Silva.

Untrue. I recall Duffman tried to return to the game almost a year ago. He used a completely different name and persona. He was found out via IP address and other OOC means and forced to quit again. Personally I hope he is still here playing in some form.

Untrue. I recall Duffman tried to return to the game almost a year ago. He used a completely different name and persona. He was found out via IP address and other OOC means and forced to quit again. Personally I hope he is still here playing in some form.
This is impossible good sir, that gtfggtooka guy repeated incessantly that the only time anyone has used OOC means to pursue a player was when Vox put two and two together and revealed that Junkalunka had rerolled as Count da Silva and was continuing on with axes he was grinding with his Junka character. Never mind all anecdotes and evidence to the contrary! He has repeated his assertions numerous times and therefore they are true!1 How dare you contradict the word of such a valiant Pacifican warrior? Everyone knows such people are the paragon of honest virtue.2

1Actual truth may vary.

2Actual virtue may vary.

Could "other OOC means" include mouthing off to people about who is used to be?

You are the biggest bunch of moralistic hypocrites on planet bob.

At least they aren't liars...

I honestly cannot remember the last time I saw a CB come from your alliance that wasn't in some part based on lies, OOC, and petty grievances, perhaps that is because your leadership and those allied with it are more concerned with maintaining their death grip on the mantle of power that they have so meticulously constructed through the suffering, debasing, and enslavement of others.

You and your leadership and those allied with your leadership have fallen so far off the deep end the lack of oxygen must be affecting your brains. The amount of animosity you've managed to create towards your little clique is simply staggering given its short existence. The most absurd thing about it all is that if you are ever defeated, I can believe that the victors would be gracious. It is a point of honor that you and yours will never hold.

Could "other OOC means" include mouthing off to people about who is used to be?

Yes, as I recall he told one person OOC, which spawned the problem. However that person was essentially forced to oust him because if it was found out that he knew (he was gov of another alliance), then it would be likely that his alliance would have been rolled similar to the CIS situation. Duffman also had done nothing IC to give up his character. Even tho at the time Duffman was not in that alliance, there was enough petty grievances for the NPO to trump up some sort of CB out of the situation. In the end they got rolled by the NPO for some other such thing and subjected to the humiliating surrender terms which have become a standard practice of the hegemony.

Either way it doesn't change the story, Duffman was forced out of the game for entirely OOC reasons, an old IP was used to confirm his identity.

That is correct

liarsp.jpg

Your diagram is wholly inaccurate.

Hypocrisy means that you apply different standards to yourself than others. For instance, I say 'you shouldn't do thing X' yet I do it myself. I can be completely honest and still be a hypocrite. For example, 'I do 'X' but you shouldn't do X for whatever reason and I'm criticizing you for it' is the basis of hypocrisy, but I haven't lied in the least.

Some hypocrites are liars, and vice versa, however, one is not a total subset of the other. A liar may not do 'X' and say he does do 'X' but if he's not criticizing someone, or saying someone should/shouldn't do 'X' it just makes him a liar, not a hypocrite.

Your diagram is wholly inaccurate.

Hypocrisy means that you apply different standards to yourself than others. For instance, I say 'you shouldn't do thing X' yet I do it myself. I can be completely honest and still be a hypocrite. For example, 'I do 'X' but you shouldn't do X for whatever reason and I'm criticizing you for it' is the basis of hypocrisy, but I haven't lied in the least.

Some hypocrites are liars, and vice versa, however, one is not a total subset of the other. A liar may not do 'X' and say he does do 'X' but if he's not criticizing someone, or saying someone should/shouldn't do 'X' it just makes him a liar, not a hypocrite.

Also, it's not a Ven diagram.

Also, Free Jonathan Brookbank...seriously, you freed everyone else.