First Decree of the Sith

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohshi-

In reality, I hate leading alliances, so don't worry about me :P

How's that 'getting off of lists' thing going?

This alliance looks like it is going to be amazing, and of course the leadership will be top notch. Congrats on forming and coming back, Ivan.

It is out of respect to you that we haven't yet renewed our CZI on this iteration of chicken. An apology from chicken and assurances that he will not continue his previous actions against NATO would be a good start though.

OOC: I'm just a little bitter still that he attacked my wife's nation

I thought you guys were supposed to include internal backstabbing per the opening announcement of the alliance by Ivan? The above looks as if this is going to be more of a traditional alliance.

The alliance will encourage competition and to a certain degree internal conflict, but it will not descend into endless unproductive feuding. It is possible for unproductive leaders to be removed from their positions. Complacency and comfort will not settle in so easily, as others will be looking to take higher ranking positions. It would be conceivable for one of the highest ranking leaders, either one of us Sith Lords or even Ivan himself, to be overtaken by a more dedicated, more skilled, and more focused member of the alliance, but that in itself does not mean that the leadership is not strong or not capable of keeping the alliance disciplined and cohesive. The admission that our positions are not inviolable and that incompetent leaders will not remain in leadership should only serve to strengthen our discipline and our leadership.

At the same time, the admission that we aren't planning on feuding amongst ourselves constantly does not make us a "traditional" alliance in any significant sense. We will work to strengthen the Order, because by doing so we will strengthen our own individual positions. That we can balance strong personalities vying for individual gain with the needs of the alliance as a whole is something that will make us unique among most alliances, as there are very few that can find both the structure and the culture necessary to make that balance and inherent tension work to its fullest potential.

I'm just in complete disbelief at the fact that Chickenzilla and Heft are in the same alliance. :unsure:

Good luck guys, but in the end it'll be up to Ivan as to where this alliance goes in terms of foreign affairs and other matters.

The alliance will encourage competition and to a certain degree internal conflict, but it will not descend into endless unproductive feuding. It is possible for unproductive leaders to be removed from their positions. Complacency and comfort will not settle in so easily, as others will be looking to take higher ranking positions. It would be conceivable for one of the highest ranking leaders, either one of us Sith Lords or even Ivan himself, to be overtaken by a more dedicated, more skilled, and more focused member of the alliance, but that in itself does not mean that the leadership is not strong or not capable of keeping the alliance disciplined and cohesive. The admission that our positions are not inviolable and that incompetent leaders will not remain in leadership should only serve to strengthen our discipline and our leadership.

At the same time, the admission that we aren't planning on feuding amongst ourselves constantly does not make us a "traditional" alliance in any significant sense. We will work to strengthen the Order, because by doing so we will strengthen our own individual positions. That we can balance strong personalities vying for individual gain with the needs of the alliance as a whole is something that will make us unique among most alliances, as there are very few that can find both the structure and the culture necessary to make that balance and inherent tension work to its fullest potential.

Well Spoken Comrade, And agreed on all points.