Trouble at the MCXA?

Actually the opposite is true. Due to the protectorate MCXA is unable to attack TSO without breaking Q. Q does not allow for member alliances to attack alliances that other member alliances are obliged to give military assistance to.
Continuum alliances also aren't allowed to attack anyone another Continuum alliance is obligated to defend.
According to the Mobius Accords, you can not attack an alliance directly in treaty to one of the signatories. There is no way it would be "legal".

I get it, I'm not fully up to date on that dated treaty.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intriguing...this is valid CB for most Continuum (and frankly, any other) alliances, is it not?

By that rationale PC should have been rolled long ago. The bottom line is that though I'm reluctant to admit it, internal issues pushed you guys away. Mhawk understood this early on...and I didn't until I retired.

Dang - right now as I write this there's 103 people simultaneously reading this.

I know the prevailing opinion is that this is a lot of excitement over nothing, but if this is so inconsequential then why is so much attention being given to this?

Because if people weren't so quick to abandon long held conventions (regarding acceptable cassus belli, specifically), this could well be the event to split CN. Don't worry though; it won't be.

Dang - right now as I write this there's 103 people simultaneously reading this.

I know the prevailing opinion is that this is a lot of excitement over nothing, but if this is so inconsequential then why is so much attention being given to this?

Because it's really not.

/me puts on tinfoil hat.

Lines being drawn... :lol:

had to say it.

Because it's the only remotely interesting thread on the entire forums.

By that rationale PC should have been rolled long ago. The bottom line is that though I'm reluctant to admit it, internal issues pushed you guys away. Mhawk understood this early on...and I didn't until I retired.

Anyone else notice that in this case it was the top of the government that auto-recruited and left though? That's like... dumb on too many levels to approach with one post.

[19:35] <Rebel_Virginia> http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...weet%20Oblivion

[19:35] <Rebel_Virginia> This alliance is in great need for a protector.

[19:35] <Rebel_Virginia> As you can clearly see.

Anyone care to answer this question for me? A bit puzzled as to why an alliance needs a protector when they have over 2million NS and what could be called highly experienced leadership?

Anyone care to answer this question for me? A bit puzzled as to why an alliance needs a protector when they have over 2million NS and what could be called highly experienced leadership?

Well, if my leadership was this "experienced" I would damn well want protection myself.

Because, it was a quick move. I am sure it will be modified at some point, but a protectorate is predominantly temporary. It's a logical move to have a treay upon existance.

And protectorate status isn't measured by 'numbers', its for internally as well.

Because everyone gets protectors these days. Also, so they don't get politically cornered because of the obviously poor choices that went into this project.

Edited by Delta1212

I´ll admit i chuckled a bit..

I would however also like an answer.

I believe the protectorate has already been set to expire on March 17th. Maybe they're ready to upgrade it early now that they have found such a large member base. Alternatively, they may as well just run out the clock on the existing one. Any extra time as a protectorate is a bonus in a sticky situation like this one.

Edited by Penguin

Because everyone gets protectors these days. Also, so they don't get politically cornered because of the obviously poor choices that went into this project.

Also a lot of people would be simultaneously laughing their $@! off raiding some of them.

Trufax.

Edited by hizzy

Because, it was a quick move. I am sure it will be modified at some point, but a protectorate is predominantly temporary. It's a logical move to have a treay upon existance.

And protectorate status isn't measured by 'numbers', its for internally as well.

As previously mentioned as well with a Delta mixed in.

I believe the protectorate has already been set to expire on March 17th. Maybe they're ready to upgrade it early now that they have found such a large member base. Alternatively, they may as well just run out the clock on the existing one.

FEEDING FRENZY!!!! I'll mark the date!

I believe the protectorate has already been set to expire on March 17th. Maybe they're ready to upgrade it early now that they have found such a large member base. Alternatively, they may as well just run out the clock on the existing one.

Wow, thank you. This doesn't have anything to do with the current topic I'm just amazed someone actually read the OP (or 2nd or 3rd post).

The amount of people posturing as to the unjustness of this and what precedent this will set is hilarious, by the way. The precedent already exists. It's called Might Makes Right. Half of you assisted in formulating said precedent, at some point in your history. TSO has TOP protecting them, and thus the might of Q behind them. Good luck trying to beat that. :popcorn:

The only alliance that has any place to do anything is MCXA, and right now they have far more pertinent things to address. I believe Sponge hit the nail on the head there - a civil war amongst recently separated brothers is not the answer. Now whether MCXA will eventually attempt to extract what many of you see as righteous retribution...well, that remains to be seen. But for right now, no matter how much egg you try to smear on TSO and TOP's faces, I sincerely doubt TOP will drop TSO, and even if they did none of you have any right to declare a crusade.

Indeed, it will be quite the situation for Gopher and Dr. Fresh to settle.

Wow, thank you. This doesn't have anything to do with the current topic I'm just amazed someone actually read the OP (or 2nd or 3rd post).

The op was a joke, and I turned away in disgust after seeing the names of the government and checking the AA and finding it full of ex-MCXA :awesome:

I argue with the choice of a protectorate, not a treaty in general. No alliance at 2million NS needs to have a protectorate, they should have a MDP. Based off the fact that they have confessed this was a planned move, they knew they were going to be a large size, and that they would have a good amount of their leaders from MCXA in it.

The connections to tC and 1v that sam has from his experience in leadership alone knowing the size of the alliance should have been enough to assure that they could get a MDP over a protectorate to start, I know my alliance who had a concrete starting NS of 500k was able to get two with some very good alliances who I love and respect (RIA and GOD) fairly easily because they knew the leadership already, as would be the case with TSO and TOP.

Although they could have gone no treaty have been fine if this situation really was as amicable as they would like to make it seem.

Signing an MDP with a newly established alliance is a dull move. It can be disastrous. For TOP, this was a necessary move. They have yet to see their government function as a newly established alliance, TOP doesn't sign MDPs with just anyone, they chose accordingly and strategically. Though TOP knows TSO's leaders, functioning as one with a new charter and new set of rules is completely different, they are a newly established alliance. TOP will wish to see their progress, rationality, how they function as allies as well as progression with communication, etc. It is an honor to sign an MDP with TOP, it is one of the highest bonding holds in CN. Time to view this progression is needed, as well as their imminent protection. It isn't completely illogical.

A treaty is necessary, I am sure some alliances would've love to start trouble, it isn't unprecedented.