Trouble at the MCXA?

We consulted Doctor Fresh on 18th, we passed protectorate treaty on 22nd. Nothing in our timeline is wrong, nor did we lie.

I was going by the screens in the tattler, which was posted on the 16th, and which already mentioned a protectorate with TOP (which I realize might not have been finalized at the time), which would have been before any contact with Fresh.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, seriously. the only "evidence" that TOP could possibly have known beforehand is that Sam said he was already in talks with TOP when he made the thread on the Q boards. Obviously, he didn't make the thread until the plan had been exposed, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that the first thing someone would do in that situation would be to scramble to find a protector. From the reactions both in this thread and apparently from MCXA, it would seem that would have been a rather intelligent first move.

Now, since he didn't say he'd been in talks with TOP for any specific length of time, that could easily mean he'd approached them about it not long before making that topic, which is pretty much the order I'd have excepted things to take anyway. There isn't actually any evidence to suggest TOP didn't handle the whole situation up to this point perfectly well, and the only reason to assume otherwise must either come from a desire to stir up drama or a personal grudge against TOP. Sure, it's possible, but there isn't any reason to think it's even likely. I'm more inclined to believe TOP is in the right here based on what is known.

TOP was initially approached on 16th. Same day that post on Q forums was made, and same day new MCXA incoming gov (Fresh/Gopher) knew.

Now excuse me. I am going to sleep. All nighters for CN are fun, but exhausting.

Ok, seriously. the only "evidence" that TOP could possibly have known beforehand is that Sam said he was already in talks with TOP when he made the thread on the Q boards. Obviously, he didn't make the thread until the plan had been exposed, and it wouldn't surprise me at all that the first thing someone would do in that situation would be to scramble to find a protector. From the reactions both in this thread and apparently from MCXA, it would seem that would have been a rather intelligent first move.

Now, since he didn't say he'd been in talks with TOP for any specific length of time, that could easily mean he'd approached them about it not long before making that topic, which is pretty much the order I'd have excepted things to take anyway. There isn't actually any evidence to suggest TOP didn't handle the whole situation up to this point perfectly well, and the only reason to assume otherwise must either come from a desire to stir up drama or a personal grudge against TOP. Sure, it's possible, but there isn't any reason to think it's even likely. I'm more inclined to believe TOP is in the right here based on what is known.

You're right, we have an incomplete picture of how it all really went down. However, rightly or wrongly, this whole event with TSO, as well as some prior experiences have left me cynical of them both, though it seems only our cynicism on the part of TSO is knowingly accurately placed.

I do sincerely hope that TOP was duped, rather than finding out down the road that they knowingly participated in/complied with TSO's actions.

Edit: Grammar is good.

Edited by Rafael Nadal

I wonder if more than half of the puzzle is ever going to reach the eyes of the public.

My guess is that the first thing that happens is that the drama calms down. Then time will tell what the next chapter is going to look like.

I doubt a war will come of this, but that's as far as my crystal ball goes.

Edited by Bodvar Jarl

I just noticed TSO is named after Ololololiqui's nation. lol.

But seriously though, On one hand, I want to believe TOP will do what they know is right, not just what they think they can get away with. After all they had no trouble bringing up past grudges against NpO, so you'd think that they would know better than to let something like this go unaddressed. On the other hand, they have been known to do things purely based on one man's ego, so I wouldn't be surprised if a TSO treaty blitz occurred.

Then again, if something like that was being discussed, I'd imagine watchman would be in here doing his thing. In either case, popcorn shall be had by all.

Such as?

The last war, which I mentioned in the previous sentence. I think ES and Saber's Crymson's pissing contest was rather obvious, no? This probably a horrible tangent at this point though, so in reply to Bodvar; :(( private channels :((, but good luck in your discussion. (somebody needs to fix that smiley...)

Edited by hizzy

Wait a min!

Our ally went through alot of damage and as posted in Tattler screenie #1, TSO said good bye to Continuum. God's creations be damned, Continuum took the hit in this one, they felt the dent as MXCA felt the dent. Look at Screenies, MCXA's new Govt has full support of the Continuum.

If anything that's happened in this is that Continuum were the victims of 'jumping the ship' lot, and now that they're gone, everyone takes a sigh of relief...but obviously Continuum as behind this ebilness..behind shooting at its own foot. Open the 'objective' part of your brain cells while you read Tattler... separate facts from BS.

Majority of the alliances in Continuum bloc arent 'elite' alliances as so much as TSO wanted to be. But obviously, everything wrong has something to do with Q. :D

The last war, which I mentioned in the previous sentence. I think ES and Saber's pissing contest was rather obvious, no?

ES and Saber? Seems the number one villain of NpO's imagination isn't very well remembered today. :P

Edited by essenia

ES and Saber? Seems the number one villain of NpO's imagination isn't very well remembered today. :P

You're right. I mixed up Saber for Crymson. Their names are a lot alike... they both got an S.... and an R...

well time to pop some more Tylenol 3s.

It would appear that we're all forgetting a rather key point here. TOP is in the Continuum. They had as much access to the post by Dr. Fresh as any other Continuum alliance.

They knew the whole time.

TOP claims to have started talks with TSO on the 16th, and talked to MCXA on the 18th, signed the agreement with TSO on the 22nd, and Dr. Fresh's post was on the 23rd. If this story is chronologically accurate, and MCXA did in fact give TOP a thumbs up on the 18th, then TOP pretty much played it by the book.

It seems like all the truth came out well after TSO approached TOP. Knowing some of the lies that a few of those prominent individuals have spun to their own allies (well... ex-allies now), I'm betting TOP had some wool pulled over its eyes.

TOP claims to have started talks with TSO on the 16th, and talked to MCXA on the 18th, signed the agreement with TSO on the 22nd, and Dr. Fresh's post was on the 23rd. If this story is chronologically accurate, and MCXA did in fact give TOP a thumbs up on the 18th, then TOP pretty much played it by the book.

It seems like all the truth came out well after TSO approached TOP. Knowing some of the lies that a few of those prominent individuals have spun to their own allies (well... ex-allies now), I'm betting TOP had some wool pulled over its eyes.

Well then. Didn't I just eat a whole big basket of wrong. My apologies! And thanks.

Well then. Didn't I just eat a whole big basket of wrong. My apologies! And thanks.

pfff, you're talking to the guy who hasn't slept well in 3 days, I've been wrong so much recently I'm starting to wonder if I have a uterus. :awesome:

YO DJ WHATS THE WORD HOMESLICE

I think TOP's only crime in this case was to believe their friends who make up TSO, and also to not gauge MCXA opinion below the incoming two government members. It would appear that Fresh is not happy and that his 'permission' to TOP to protect TSO was probably more of a 'I don't want to make a scene while I have an alliance to rebuild' than a 'Sure, they're cool'. TOP look a little naive but those of you assigning malice or duplicity to them are doing so out of personal agendas, in my opinion.

(One of TOP's few faults, imo, is playing too much of the political game through two or three top representatives, which does make it easy to misunderstand an alliance's position. That appears to be the case here.)

I think TOP's only crime in this case was to believe their friends who make up TSO, and also to not gauge MCXA opinion below the incoming two government members.

You ever have that "buddy" that right after you break up with your girlfriend is asking you if it is ok to date her? Kinda seems like that.

Too soon.

:(( private channels :((, but good luck in your discussion. (somebody needs to fix that smiley...)

[OOC: Flip the parantheses )): Hizzy )): ]

The tattler certainly has thrown a whole new light on this issue. I find myself in agreement with the whole TOP not being given the whole story side of things. Time will certainly tell.