Ex Officio RAD Annuncion

RAD-FLAG-BG2.jpg

:v:

Comrade Josh approaches the podium... he calls for silence.

Group of RAD members in audience begins to chant, "Join RAD, we're RAD!"

Silence please, gentlemen...

Comrade Josh looks through his notes, anger flashes in his eyes.

The allegations that RAD was fully aware of a certain, banned member, being in our alliance is false. Had RAD known that Irisheyes was this, 'banned member' he would have been reported by our staff the moment we had known. Like every alliance in the cyberverse, we frown upon rule breaking. I look upon this incident as an eye opener, as our members must definitely be screened more thoroughly from now on.

Comrade Josh looks at this notes again, he chuckles to himself.

In regards to our 'Raid & Aid' Lottery... let it be known that we are not war mongers, nor are we angels sent from heaven to aid random unaligned nations. We respect the sovereignty of our nations, and of nations everywhere, that is why we do not promote or encourage tech raiding, but do allow it.

Comrade Josh looks at the audience, and notices CharimanHal, and a group of Ragnarok Officials in the audience, he glances at them, ChairmanHal and the others nod at Comrade Josh, seemingly to support what he is saying.

A single tear rolls down Josh's face; nothing is more amazing than friends you can count on.

However, since we respect sovereignty, we also hope other nations would respect our right as sovereign nations ourselves, to engage in Tech Raiding if we wish to. The RAD Charter states exactly what our rules are for Tech Raiding, in reading them it becomes especially apparent that our rules are strict and allow for an almost 'honorable' approach to tech raiding. Those of you that argue that it's a nations right to be "None" and that we should respect their decision.

We do indeed respect this decision, but with the decision to remain unaligned, they also decide to refuse protection that is offered by being part of an alliance, (With the exclusive exception of the red sphere).

Comrade Josh stands upright, he salutes his allies and alliance comrades in the audience.

pinkblinkr.gif Hail!

also GMHemoticon.png

Gatherum stood upon the stone, jumped off of it, and then leaned upon Stormbläst. He preferred to stand while applauding.

I, for one, find RAD's show to be quite entertaining, and something both new and nostalgic...a return to a time when Tech-raiding was not considered such a horrid thing. Keep doing what you do.

Edited by Gatherum

Well said, Comrade Josh.

RAD will not change her ways due to a few comments in a previous thread. We will not become just another alliance on the face of Planet Bob. We are RAD, and we plan to keep it that way.

As for the 'banned member', all we knew was that he was a re-roll. He played himself off as a former GATO member that went nuclear rogue on me during GWIII. I personally bought this story, and I feel like a fool for believing it.

Tune in next week for Episode Tw...

Nah, just kidding. :P

I personally do not support or like people who technology raid small nations, this is my personal point of view, this is also something that GOONz and \M/ always did, I am glad that they are gone.

Also you do know what this means, anyone that has the allaince tag NONE will now jump to the red sphere, also you have nothing to stop your members from raiding active none nations ? just another way to force people out of the game.

http://www.cybernations.net/search.asp?sea...&Strength2=

list of all the nations as NONE AA but all on red. have fun technology raiding them ooooo wait you wont do that now will you.

Edited by Timeline

I personally do not support or like people who technology raid small nations, this is my personal point of view, this is also something that GOONz and \M/ always did, I am glad that they are gone.

Also you do know what this means, anyone that has the allaince tag NONE will now jump to the red sphere, also you have nothing to stop your members from raiding active none nations ? just another way to force people out of the game.

list of all the nations as NONE AA but all on red. have fun technology raiding them ooooo wait you wont do that now will you.

We are not the only alliance to tech raid "active" nations.

Gramlins does it, IRON does it ...where is the outcry against them for doing it?

Oh wait ...its kind of like the elephant in the room then? Where we all know about it, but don't talk about it until someone brings it up, and then blame it on the person bringing it up then?

Come off it, we're RAD, we're here to stay. We tech raid, but we don't force our members to tech raid. Take me for example. I have not tech raided at all since I joined RAD. Not all RAD tech raids, then we do allow for it in our charter, along with several alliances, some even sanctioned currently.

Take your moral crusade to them before taking it to us.

Must not be alot of alliances you actually like in CN then.

Ok lets make this clear for all.

WHAT you are doing is not Technology raiding, You are picking nations at random and starting a war with that person (you have told members of your allaince to attack who ever you pick), HELLO shark week, ok you may give aid out to a few (this is your way to try and make things look better on you) but your just like \M/ and GOONs. how ever your trying to cover it up.

Well just like \M/ and GOONs you may get a way with it for some time, but it will turn out as your down fall.

Edited by Timeline

Must not be alot of alliances you actually like in CN then.

its not a question of like, I have respect for many of the alliances within CN, most of them do not support Technology raiding, yes it happens but that's on a nation vs nation base, what RAD is doing is not Tech raiding its been an asshat

its not a question of like, I have respect for many of the alliances within CN, most of them do not support Technology raiding, yes it happens but that's on a nation vs nation base, what RAD is doing is not Tech raiding its been an asshat

wait... before you said they were tech raiding, now you're saying they aren't tech raiding?

I need a little help getting your ideas straight

In regards to our 'Raid & Aid' Lottery... let it be known that we are not war mongers, nor are we angels sent from heaven to aid random unaligned nations. We respect the sovereignty of our nations, and of nations everywhere, that is why we do not promote or encourage tech raiding, but do allow it.

Comrade Josh looks at the audience, and notices CharimanHal, and a group of Ragnarok Officials in the audience, he glances at them, ChairmanHal and the others nod at Comrade Josh, seemingly to support what he is saying.

With your lottery you not only encouraged tech raiding, you glorified it. I find it amusing that you think it's okay feed the community lines about respecting nations' sovereignty and not promoting tech raiding so soon after such an event (and with an air of defiance, too). Say what you will about other alliances allowing tech raiding but none of them proudly make a circus of it here.

Honestly, it seems as though you're only doing this to piss people off. You know full well that it makes people annoyed which is why you continually re-assure yourselves and remind others of how much Rok supports you. Would you carry on with these policies if you didn't have their protection? I doubt it, which is why I'm sceptical of how much of this is actually a philosophy of your alliance and how much of it is just enjoying getting on people's nerves. You're comfy getting people's backs up safe in the knowledge that no-one will attack you because you're not worth getting into trouble with Rok for. Congratulations on that amazing accomplishment.

RAD has 36 members, of which max 18 of them can even find targets, of that 1/2 probably raid on a regular basis (note these are just statistics I have gathered through my experience in CN, not actual numbers)

since when are 10 people in the 15K and under NS range such a threat to (as it seems) everyone of planet bob? You guys are making it seem like they are a scourge of CN, that they run hundreds of players out of CN, and like they are responsible for every "cool" (as you would say, i don't happen to agree with you) player that has left the past few months.

let the people have their fun.. it's a god damn game.

edit: I just checked and they don't even have any active wars.

Edited by CptGodzilla

I don't see the big deal here, they are un-aligned nations. If you guys feel so bad for them just recruit them in your alliance and they probably won't get tech raid. Though till they stay un-aligned they are open meat for everyone and not just RAD. The only safe un-aligned nations are in the red sphere.

These un-aligned nations have plenty of options to prevent them from being tech raid, if they don't use these options then they should pay the consequences. Anyways I loved the way you presented the announcement, good job!

(My views are not the views of AB as a whole)

wait... before you said they were tech raiding, now you're saying they aren't tech raiding?

I need a little help getting your ideas straight

At first I went on there other topic, The Tech Raid Lottery Show

but then started to think more about it, how can it be a tech raid when the government are ordering the attack ?

but then started to think more about it, how can it be a tech raid when the government are ordering the attack ?

I don't see how it's not a tech raid just because the government asked. I am sure they take members who volunteer to tech raid those nations. So it's still a tech raid.

Edited by Sea Junky

You speak of respecting sovereignty while simultaneously violating a random unaligned nations sovereignty by tech raiding it. I hate hypocrisy. When your alliance finally gets its comeuppance I can only hope that Pacifica is somehow involved in it.

You speak of respecting sovereignty while simultaneously violating a random unaligned nations sovereignty by tech raiding it. I hate hypocrisy. When your alliance finally gets its comeuppance I can only hope that Pacifica is somehow involved in it.

How walfordian of you.

Here we have someone who regularly supports the use of Viceroys on militarily defeated alliances saying that tech raiding is a violation of sovereignty while simultaneously complaining about hypocrisy.

How walfordian of you.

Here we have someone who regularly supports the use of Viceroys on militarily defeated alliances saying that tech raiding is a violation of sovereignty while simultaneously complaining about hypocrisy.

Just for the record, I know that at least two of the "viceroy'd" alliances requested the Viceroyship in order to get some help with running their alliance properly.