Joint Statement

Mergerberger II

I do hereby authorize the use the Wightonian Armed Forces by the Ferrous Pacific's central command.

This includes Wightonian nuclear weapons and our SDI system.

OOC: Just remember, the RA is your ally and has requested your assistance.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do hereby authorize the use the Wightonian Armed Forces by the Ferrous Pacific's central command.

This includes Wightonian nuclear weapons and our SDI system.

OOC: Do note that the SDI's only work if it directly crosses your territory. Yes, I realize that most SDI's are advanced enough to hit missiles out of the sky while over another country or what not. However, this makes the playing field significantly more event.

OOC: Just remember, the RA is your ally and has requested your assistance.

OOC: Please note that I asked people not to post. >__>

OOC: Do note that the SDI's only work if it directly crosses your territory. Yes, I realize that most SDI's are advanced enough to hit missiles out of the sky while over another country or what not. However, this makes the playing field significantly more event.

OOC: Actually, I can shoot whatever missiles out of the sky I please so long as they're within range of the weapons systems associated with the system, be they satellite, air, or ground-based. Its my SDI, not your SDI. GMs don't have control over what land I choose to defend with my SDI. Its wholly more realistic that you can shoot the missiles regardless of where they're heading so long as its done reasonably within the limits of the technology available to the nation in possession of the SDI.

Also, the point of the SDI is to kill it before it crosses into your territory, not when it actually does. If the thing's in your country, I'd say its a bit too late. VektorZero can give you greater detail on the modern concepts of what an "SDI"-like system could look like in my time period (2022 or somewhere like that).

I'll be more than happy to get HK to rule on this if need be, but I do believe that this is wholly legitimate and stands on its own.

For the record, I will not be around much. The reasons for not being around here are my own. Those who need to know already know. Just know there's a good reason why I am leaving my forces in Triyun and Iamthey's capable hands. I'll be back with CNRP more often soon, but right now there's some things that need sorting out RL.

OOC: Actually, I can shoot whatever missiles out of the sky I please so long as they're within range of the weapons systems associated with the system, be they satellite, air, or ground-based. Its my SDI, not your SDI. GMs don't have control over what land I choose to defend with my SDI. Its wholly more realistic that you can shoot the missiles regardless of where they're heading so long as its done reasonably within the limits of the technology available to the nation in possession of the SDI.

Also, the point of the SDI is to kill it before it crosses into your territory, not when it actually does. If the thing's in your country, I'd say its a bit too late. VektorZero can give you greater detail on the modern concepts of what an "SDI"-like system could look like in my time period (2022 or somewhere like that).

I'll be more than happy to get HK to rule on this if need be, but I do believe that this is wholly legitimate and stands on its own.

For the record, I will not be around much. The reasons for not being around here are my own. Those who need to know already know. Just know there's a good reason why I am leaving my forces in Triyun and Iamthey's capable hands. I'll be back with CNRP more often soon, but right now there's some things that need sorting out RL.

OOC: This has been standard RP policy for a very long time. Also, HK47 and crew have already said that CNRP is in the hands of the GMs and the populace. Not theirs.

You will deal with it. I understand what the point of a RL SDI is. I understand how they work. I am telling you how they work in CNRP.

OOC: If GMs can mandate how SDIs work in CNRP, then can they mandate how other weapons systems work? Slippery slope.

Also, if the mods say CNRP is in the hands of the GMs and populace, then the populace needs to be able to elect the GMs. I'm not knocking the current GMs (<3 mercy) but if it is indeed true that CNRP isn't being controlled by the mods than their selections for GM is invalid.

OOC: I find it very interesting that you allow for Lavo's offensive missile systems to be RPed to hold a certain number of warheads and be more destructive but you do not allow for Coursca to RP his SDI to be better defensively. I'm not at all surprised though.

ooc: Yes Mudd. GMs can pretty much decide how the RP works in great detail. Long as they're not doing it every second and provide an even platform for the RP, there is no problem in this. Stormcrow announced directly to us in IRC that Mercy was his choice for GM of CNRP. Let him do his job. Deal with the occurring world situation. Part of quality rp is dealing with the bad times as well as the good. Hope you planned.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: I find it very interesting that you allow for Lavo's offensive missile systems to be RPed to hold a certain number of warheads and be more destructive but you do not allow for Coursca to RP his SDI to be better defensively. I'm not at all surprised though.

ooc: IG can your sdi shoot down another nation's SDI? Aren't you wanting things to be more based on the game? Why the sudden complaint? A missile system can hold a remarkable number of warheads dependent upon its size. I know just a basic trident 2 carried eight in the tip.. just.. the tip.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: Is that right? Look at Shan's missiles. Fifty MIRV warheads apiece.

So, applying a unfair system evenly. Good work.

Either declare one warhead per weapon, and no dummies, or let us use our SDIs like we RP'd them.

Wighton has a nation on the asian continent and islands south of the indian ocean. Does it stretch, or does it cover only his lands.

It works like it always has. 1 MIRV warhead = 1 IG warhead.

>__>

SDI's work like they always have worked too. :V

^^^ I agree

It is true that a MIRV warhead contains multiple sub-warheads but these these have a lesser yield than a single warhead missile of the same size. But the sum of their yields is about the same. It just has the advantage of being it harder to stop 8 warheads than a single one.

It works like it always has. 1 MIRV warhead = 1 IG warhead.

SDI's work like they always have worked too. :V

But, you see if there are 10 MIRVs, thats 10 warheads per missile.

So, I propose One warhead per missile, One missile per IG nuke, no dummy MIRVs, and all warheads are the same power.

Wighton has a nation on the asian continent and islands south of the indian ocean. Does it stretch, or does it cover only his lands.

Most current SDI systems would use space based sats with lasers in a global network to attack ICBMs in the main launch stage. Or use long range three stage interceptor missiles which attack the missile at the top of the ballistic arc. So yes, current SDI system do stretch over and outside a nations borders, and actually cover a large part of the globe.

But, you see if there are 10 MIRVs, thats 10 warheads per missile.

So, I propose One warhead per missile, One missile per IG nuke, no dummy MIRVs, and all warheads are the same power.

Most current SDI systems would use space based sats with lasers in a global network to attack ICBMs in the main launch stage. Or use long range three stage interceptor missiles which attack the missile at the top of the ballistic arc. So yes, current SDI system do stretch over and outside a nations borders, and actually cover a large part of the globe.

Which is why a nuke would have to go through several SDIs. Simplify it to the SDI protects the nation that it owns

Which is why a nuke would have to go through several SDIs. Simplify it to the SDI protects the nation that it owns

Exactly.

If a SDI can only protect the nation is is owned by, then Nukes should be one warhead per missile (No MIRVs) and one missile per IG nuke. Also, warheads should be standardized, maybe at 500kt, 1MT for example.

That is the problem of the person trying to nuke somebody with conveniently located allies

Were you not one to complain that putting everything under review is something not worth doing? You really want to calculate which nations have SDIs, if thier close enough, if they hit, the correct formula, and wether or not neighboring nations will defend? That requires consulting of an entire hemisphere for every single nuke launched. That requires unnecessary calculating. Which will inevitably lead to complaining, which will lead to more complaining, which will lead to GMs and Mods putting a halt on everything and reviewing everything...again.

Say no to complications.

If a SDI can only protect the nation is is owned by, then Nukes should be one warhead per missile (No MIRVs) and one missile per IG nuke. Also, warheads should be standardized, maybe at 500kt, 1MT for example.

1 missle is one IG nuke. and I believe it is 1MT for each. I'm not quite sure about advanced nations with MIRVs, but I agree with you there.

1 missle is one IG nuke. and I believe it is 1MT for each. I'm not quite sure about advanced nations with MIRVs, but I agree with you there.

Right. Good. MIRVs should be banned, as they violate the one IG nuke per missile. And dummies should also be banned.

Exactly.

I see what you are saying and I respect this. I understand this discussion has already been in the works. However, this RP has been halted for some time and I would prefer that we take this matter back up after the war is over. Yes, I also realize that it should've been a while ago.

MIRVs will be banned after this though. :v

Edited by MercyFallout

Were you not one to complain that putting everything under review is something not worth doing? You really want to calculate which nations have SDIs, if thier close enough, if they hit, the correct formula, and wether or not neighboring nations will defend? That requires consulting of an entire hemisphere for every single nuke launched. That requires unnecessary calculating. Which will inevitably lead to complaining, which will lead to more complaining, which will lead to GMs and Mods putting a halt on everything and reviewing everything...again.

Say no to complications.

OOC: Yeah, really. Although it'd be more realistic, it's just too difficult to do. Its better to stick to one SDI per nation.

Also... MIRVs should not be banned, if any, each part that splits apart from the MIRV should count as a IG nuke.