This Week in Pacifica

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While we did bleed recently, it was not due to the menstrual cycle.

The STA is not hostile to anyone. One of our members is expressing his individual opinion. Unlike some alliances, we permit our members to do so provided they do not troll or resort to insults. If Lysotine finds it "pleasing" that a new bloc may emerge in the Cyberverse then who am I to tell him that he cannot express that pleasure?

Lysotine was finding pleasant the fact that two CN alliances got spied upon, that much is clear. Not only from the wording of Lysotine post but also with a lack of denial in a way you present it coming from him later on about the subject. Your spin on it, not really necessary as was the original comment.

I do not know what your trying to accomplish with this,...only thing I can make out a veiled pot shoot? Oh my,...couldn't be as STA is so friendly bunch. Certainly its leader is and would know better. As such I remain at a loss of why you posted that, maybe you are confused. Its ok.

Free expression is something that most alliances have, as does mine, but we do understand that there are consequences with every word in the way others look at us. Its unavoidable. Now you need to care enough about it, some do,...I personally do not. I am sure STA is not a hostile alliance and wishes no harm to anybody.

The interpretation presented, by some, how this is a military gearing up is also amusing. I guess, anything we do will ultimately be showed as such. Fearmongering was always popular here. As such is one of the oldest technique used in the propaganda department against NPO. Its been used against others as well, but we seem to be a hot spot as so many tried to take us down and failed. Buisness as usual on the CN media for some folk.

Anyway, back to NPO's tech corp and how we all can make it better :)

Edited by Branimir

When you post to say how meaningless a post is, it generally helps to actually refute something in it instead of attempting to jump on the troll Vox bandwagon.

He is not refuting the content of the OP, rather, he is implying with his sarcastic words that he is not impressed by the Vox spying abilities and their lack of any great and controversial finds. Its still a valid observation of the OP, one can make.

Now, he certainly didn't shared kind words for Vox, but then again his alliance was spied upon (yes, in not ground shaking way but still) and I guess he isn't that pleasant about it, like some.

I think its quite understandable and clear.

Edited by Branimir

When you post to say how meaningless a post is, it generally helps to actually refute something in it instead of attempting to jump on the troll Vox bandwagon.

Totally agree with you on that.

Also, Branimir is wrong. He is a liar, do not listen to him. He is only trying to deceive you.

He is not refuting the content of the OP, rather, he is implying with his sarcastic words that he is not impressed by the Vox spying abilities and their lack of any great and controversial finds. Its still a valid observation of the OP, one can make.

A potential superbloc opposing the Continuum in some sense that NPO doesn't want to exist isn't a great or controversial find?

Really? Other than GWI, what war did we lose?

Well, I was certainly ready to argue on the Pacifican terms that you won GW1 considering who said my quoted statement and past discussions with him on the matter on these forums, but if you want to finally admit that you lost GW1, that's the main one.....

On this planet.

Well, I was certainly ready to argue on the Pacifican terms that you won GW1 considering who said my quoted statement and past discussions with him on the matter on these forums, but if you want to finally admit that you lost GW1, that's the main one.....

On this planet.

Who cares about other planets?

That would only serve to hurt you, as others would instantly realize that you are, in fact, a liar.

Oh, I do not really think so, I believe it would be a great source of amusement for me seeing that particular comment in my sig.

Now, Lysotine, if you are done with your attack on my character, be it made seriously or playfully to be funny, I believe that its better to keep this train on its rails.

A potential superbloc opposing the Continuum in some sense that NPO doesn't want to exist isn't a great or controversial find?

Obviously enough, and for the large majority of the community which debated more NPO's tech trading system, it isn't that big of a news.

It might be for you, but I was commenting Stonewall words and he obviously didn't find it that big of a deal.

Also if that block would exist to oppose the Continuum is not what was said in the screen shoot made by the Vox membership mask spy. That is the value which you are proscribing towards this organization, rightfully or not.

Edited by Branimir

Vox, you say you spy on NPO because you are at war with them, so it's ok. I understand that, and it's subjective whether spying is a tactic that is acceptable to use in war.

However, to the best of my knowledge, you are not at war with MHA. How do you justify spying on them?

EDIT: Reworded to make more sense.

Edited by Poobah

Vox, you say you spy on NPO because you are at war with them, so it's ok. I understand that, and it's subjective whether spying is a tactic that is acceptable to use in war.

However, to the best of my knowledge, you are not at war with MHA. How do you justify spying on them?

I demand that you stop using logic with Vox Populi! :P

Lysotine was finding pleasant the fact that two CN alliances got spied upon, that much is clear. Not only from the wording of Lysotine post but also with a lack of denial in a way you present it coming from him later on about the subject. Your spin on it, not really necessary as was the original comment.

I do not know what your trying to accomplish with this,...only thing I can make out a veiled pot shoot? Oh my,...couldn't be as STA is so friendly bunch. Certainly its leader is and would know better. As such I remain at a loss of why you posted that, maybe you are confused. Its ok.

Free expression is something that most alliances have, as does mine, but we do understand that there are consequences with every word in the way others look at us. Its unavoidable. Now you need to care enough about it, some do,...I personally do not. I am sure STA is not a hostile alliance and wishes no harm to anybody.

The interpretation presented, by some, how this is a military gearing up is also amusing. I guess, anything we do will ultimately be showed as such. Fearmongering was always popular here. As such is one of the oldest technique used in the propaganda department against NPO. Its been used against others as well, but we seem to be a hot spot as so many tried to take us down and failed. Buisness as usual on the CN media for some folk.

Anyway, back to NPO's tech corp and how we all can make it better :)

You really think you know better than Tygaland?

Wait, so MHA has an issue with Vox making you aware of the fact NPO doesn't want your new bloc to oppose them?

Whatisthisidon'teven?

I don't think MHA has a problem with that, and I don't believe that the point of this bloc is to oppose NPO.

I think it's more of the whole, you know, spying thing.

Why not? We have nothing to lose and at least something to gain.

Ahem...

That sounds about right to me for your IRC visit :P

Now back to your regular business, thread-people; it is bedtime in Louisaland.

By those definitions you're a spy anytime you look at anything. Good going, spy.

You don't read much Corinan, do you?

You have some stones saying that after penning the poo-poo platter that is this article.

Thanks, Schatt. I was beginning to wonder how far you'd go on your crusade of revenge. I am now all the more enlightened. :P

He is quite the bitter little person, isn't he?

Being in a channel among people pretending to go along with it while you report confidential information is pretty clearly spying. It may not be that you sought to spy, but when you stayed there pretending to have interest in order to get information, you were spying.

I wasn't spying and I'm maintaining that, but lets suppose for a moment I was spying. So what? And? What's Vox going to do about it? Or anyone else for that matter? Nothing. Who cares what I do if no one's going to stop me?

Why not? We have nothing to lose and at least something to gain.

I thought Vox's stance was one for the moral high ground. Where do you draw the line? When do you have nothing to lose from spying? So long as you're spies are good and loyal, no one will ever know about them but those pulling the strings.

I thought Vox justified spying because they were at war with the alliances they were spying on, not because they have "nothing to lose" from it.

You really think you know better than Tygaland?

I do not understand your comment, to be honest.

Tygaland has expressed a interpretation contrary of mine of previous Lysotine comments which even Lysotine didn't presented when regards to my comments of his words. He didn't deny that I was misreading them. I am just stating that, obviously enough from the content of Lysotine post and his lack of denial of my take on it, Tygaland is not conveying properly the message that one of his alliance members was saying.

This can be due to his misunderstanding of Lysotine, or due to maybe some other reason that I can not fathom.

I believe its quite a simple situation also bit off topic why i do not want to keep on entertaining it more then I did.

Edited by Branimir

Damn, you're right. Next time we'll just wait till you get rolled and then say, "well, we tried to tell you..." Is that acceptable?

1. I am not in MHA, and I don't believe my alliance is in any danger of being rolled at the present moment.

2. If you honestly cared about MHA's safety, you wouldn't have posted this in a topic and would have used private channels.

Damn, you're right. Next time we'll just wait till you get rolled and then say, "well, we tried to tell you..." Is that acceptable?

Fearmongering, a classic if I may say.

Traditional yet still playful, conventional yet still out there :awesome:

I approve